It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1 Million Prize for Sasquatch Photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
www.fstrailcamcontest.com...

"We’re not saying we believe in Sasquatch, but if anyone’s ever going to capture an image of one, we’re guessing it’ll be a hunter with a trail camera. That’s why Bushnell is offering a chance at $1,000,000 to the first person using one who snaps a verifiable photo of the beast."

Do any ATSers have a "verifiable photo"?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Do you know how many people are going to fake this?!?!?

And one of them will get a million bucks.... its amazing...

There was also a 50,000 dollar reward for anyone who could capture in a net or on film some sea serpent in Missisippi, i think.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The rules read:

"A panel of judges consisting of Field & Stream editors will select the winning entries based equally upon the criteria of quality of picture and relevance to contest. Entries will be judged in three categories: best photo of a deer, best photo of an animal that is not a deer and overall funniest photo."

I wonder what their definition of "verifiable photo" is?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trash can
And one of them will get a million bucks.... its amazing...

What in the world makes you think this? You think they will just hand over that much money to some yahoo?

I'm quite sure that they've written the rules or stipulations in such a way as to make it almost impossible to collect the money. They know this and are betting that they will never have to pay up. It's for publicity and sales of their products and quite frankly they probably all had a good laugh and passed around jokes about the people that are going to attempt to fool them.

In other words, they could care less about Bigfoot and just want to make money in the vein of Jack Links, just without the funny commercials.

I really can't see anyone proving a picture or even video for that matter with all the ways there are to fake such a thing. If we all can't agree on Patty, what are the odds that anyone will collect on this deal? Slim and none....

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
I'm quite sure that they've written the rules or stipulations in such a way as to make it almost impossible to collect the money.

I agree. The rules are vague. I don't even see anything in the rules about a 'sasquatch'. The rules merely state "best photo of an animal that is not a deer.' That could mean just about anything really. So I guess the animal doesn't necessarily have to even resemble Big Foot?

top topics

join