It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular Mechanics debunks alien video: Described as a hoax!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Ive seen this fake video now a few times, It was obviously cheap, put together badly but continues to somehow be proof the other one is fake because they could do something terrible that looks nothing like the video were not being shown. Personally, I reserve all judgement till I see the video, and I will stop (from this point on) looking for any info on it, till the video comes out, to avoid the media wagon that wants to take us all along for the long ride.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It had to happen.

These things are no longer probative in illustrating or proving the ET Hypothesis.

1. Daytime disks;
2. Night time lights;
3. Still photos of any kind;
4. Slow moving low flying craft;
5. Videos of alleged aliens that are indistinct, fuzzy, too dark, too quick, basically, non-illustrative of alien behavior.

These are all commonly seen now, or easily able to be faked.

To be clear, it doesn't really matter if the subjects are real anymore. You can't separate the real from the fake. Thus it has no evidentiary value.

What's now required is repeatable, multiple witness, multiple camera angle video with clear, unambiguous source, and without suspicious agenda. Otherwise it's just (indistinguishable from) background noise.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I wish that the video could be released, I mean all of the hoopla about it and just judging from a still, the guy that made his spoof video must have not been impressed as he said he saw the video.

The thing I can't understand is why some motion picture, special fx expert would be making the statements about what he saw and not really showing any skepticism about what he saw and supposedly scientists are still analyzing the footage ? I don't get it, I mean that grainy still shot alone makes me think its got to be fake but I would like to see the movie myself, the one that was a spoof seemed fake to me like a puppet or animation.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by phinubian]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I can't even think about why a grey would waste its precious time on earth to "spy" on humans when it could just use some automated bot, etc. Think about it; an advanced alien being that has traveled hundreds of light years just so it can hover around and catch a peek at some girls? Oh, and it's also stupid enough to stand (or "float") directly in front of a video camera. Case closed, this isn't the video you're looking for.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
It had to happen.

These things are no longer probative in illustrating or proving the ET Hypothesis.

1. Daytime disks;
2. Night time lights;
3. Still photos of any kind;
4. Slow moving low flying craft;
5. Videos of alleged aliens that are indistinct, fuzzy, too dark, too quick, basically, non-illustrative of alien behavior.

These are all commonly seen now, or easily able to be faked.

To be clear, it doesn't really matter if the subjects are real anymore. You can't separate the real from the fake. Thus it has no evidentiary value.

What's now required is repeatable, multiple witness, multiple camera angle video with clear, unambiguous source, and without suspicious agenda. Otherwise it's just (indistinguishable from) background noise.

A truly fantastic post which is, in my opinion, a far better summary of the ET evidence situation than the entire PM article. Well done. Starred.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by blimpseeker

think we'll ever get a chance to see the actual video?

...or maybe im really dumb and its already out there

when i google it, all i get is the 'fake' one

i want to see the one unveiled to reporters

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Why would an alien, much smarter than us, park itself in front of a camera and look through a window? Seems a bit dumb. No offense Mr Denver Alien, but lay off the sauce.

Anyway, what if this some sort of viral marketing ploy? A few have been done recently - they get lots of people talking in a short amount of time. Or maybe it really is just to get people talking about aliens for whatever reason.

The only way I'd be convinced that there are 'aliens' on Earth would be if they came right out on TV themselves and announced it - because you should only ever believe something if it is on TV.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Very interesting article. I had to double check the Rocky Mountain Paranormal website.

I've been saying Matthew Baxter admitted to the video since he was the one who appeared on Larry King. According to the site here Bryan and Baxter work together.

PM makes it clear it was a team effort. This, I'm not to keen on:

"We saw this guy trying to pass off things that looked paranormal as something related to aliens," says Bryan Bonner, head of the Rocky Mountain Paranormal Research Society, which has been recreating Romanek's photos and videos for several years—to disprove him. That's because the same type of evidence once used by paranormal scientists to indicate the presence of ghosts is now being doctored by amateurs as proof of alien life.

It appears they are disproving just to disprove which leaves me wondering if they might be overlooking some truth just to be 'right.'

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Honestly it smells like a hoax. What I can't understand is why would someone face a camera at night towards the window? To me personally does not make sense.

I found the video:

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Equinox99]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

thats not the real video

thats the video spoof, of the real video

the public eye has yet to see the real video.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I can't even think about why a grey would waste its precious time on earth to "spy" on humans when it could just use some automated bot, etc. Think about it

Well, this is neither here nor there with regards to the topic but I'll just say it. What if the greys were merely the automated drones? You have to think that any automated robots created in 500,000 years time won't look as bad as C3P0 from Star Wars. They would most likely be extremely intelligent and organic.

Also they wouldn't need to peek through a window as I'm sure they could see down to microscopic level from the other side of the universe, which would indicate that peering through windows was done for the benefit (or otherwise) of the person seeing them.

Just throwing it out there.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
Why would an alien, much smarter than us, park itself in front of a camera and look through a window? Seems a bit dumb. No offense Mr Denver Alien, but lay off the sauce.

Why should any of us think we would know what an alien would do and what their motives are? Wouldn't those be alien as well?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Popular Mechanics- right- the same ones who

say 9/11 was an outside act of terrorism.

Now they feel the need to debunk this too. Folks, who do you suppose they work for?

US????

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
thats a hoax! who is going to leave the camera pointed at a window turned on and just happen to catch the little bugger! lol. HOAX!!!

i think its a hand puppet of some kind.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

don't you think it's a tab bit arrogant to walk around saying things like that?

you shouldn't be so quick to write something off as a complete fake without even having seen the entire video.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Matthew5012

would you and the people like you do us ALL a favor and research and try to know about something before you make comments like that.

you don't even know WHY he was pointing the camera at the window (because he was trying to catch a peeping tom)

i don't see what's so hard about this, you are in this thread. that means you have an interest in this, well there are prolly 25 other threads like this one that have all the information you would need to answer questions like that.

don't mean anything personal by this, but this kind of stuff is the exact reason that nobody ever give this kind of stuff the time of day when it comes out. because nobody knows anything about it and jumps to conclusions, and when told they don't know anything about it, they refuse to go and get some knowledge on the subject

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

you too should also read the above post i made about this..

you obiouvlsy know nothing about this subject, and have nothing to offer. so why aren't you trolling like the rest of the people who know nothing about this are doing.

once again, nothing personal, but im tired of seeing all these people who have no idea what they are talking about keep trying to act like they do. you aren't doing anything but stiffling the efforts of the people trying to get the real and verifiable evidence out.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If its fake...
Why would anyone waste the time to hoax...
hmm...

If its real...
This animal is obviously interested in us humans...
Not coincidence...
Its all about us in these epic times...
All eyes on us...

So I'm focused on us...
Humanity...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
you don't have to a a quantum physics professor to clearly see that's a fake i think Ive seen that alien at the mall once at some store.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Popular Mechanics is not debunking the video or the even the picture.

As is becoming all too common on BAN, despite rules directly to the contrary, a poster makes up a completely erroneous, sensationalist title for the thread to garner attention and to throw meat to those who never click a link or read a source article and those who take the thread title at as fact, which then colors their interpretation of the actual article.

The title of the article is:

New Alien Video Shines (Photoshopped) Light on UFO Hoaxers

In a very small nutshell, what Popular Mechanics is saying is that in sixty years of UFO sightings all we have to show for it is bad photography, much of which has already been proven to be faked or misinterpreted due to illusions of various types which are well understood by science.

Now that we are in the age of digital photography, image manipulation has become quite common place, as the software is relatively cheap and the skills needed are such that almost anyone with adequate diligence can produce some pretty convincing stuff to the casual observer.

Popular Mechanics does point out some of the motives which drive some to these hoaxers and the methods that skeptics use to show how easily something presented as evidence can be replicated in a few short hours using commonly available materials and some software magic.

But the real message is this: After all these years of stupid, grainy photos, films, and anecdotes, how about some tangible evidence? These are material beings. We have reason to believe that these supposed beings from other worlds are fallible, as the Roswell incident would suggests.

So, if these beings are visiting the earth so frequently wouldn't it make sense that somewhere along the way they would be losing something tangible? Wouldn't someone like Romenek, who seems to have an alien rest stop, find something out of this world, like an exotic wrench, a bolt, a screw, some excrement, an alien equivalent of an apple core?

It is my judgement, that Popular Mechanics is saying to the world, enough with the inconclusive evidence. Let's calm down until we have something that is proof beyond a shadow of a doubt. Sooner or later, these pesky little visitors are going to leave something behind that is unmistakable and irrefutable.

[edit on 2008/6/5 by GradyPhilpott]

<< 1    3 >>

join