It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musicians, Get Famous, Get Political, Get Dead?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Just a though crossed my mind earlier today, many great musicians, especially of the 60's and even 70's have ended up dead as a result of drugs abuse. However, the irony is that, they all became political before their death and where part of strong anti war movements (Vietnam). Could it be, that these drugs where forced introduced into their lives by spooks to reduce their credibility being labeled a junky etc, due to the lack of awareness of the harm that drugs do in that era? In particularly, Jim Morrison, Hendrix and John Lennon....the list goes on...they got political and then died, as a result of drugs or murder.

Look at any modern movement in mainstream media, its next to nothing and gets no mainstream exposure. Such as Charlie Sheen being labeled a crazy crack pot for questioning 9-11.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by q_ball]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
Just a though crossed my mind earlier today, many great musicians, especially of the 60's and even 70's have ended up dead as a result of drugs abuse. ...and John Lennon....the list goes on...

FYI: John Lennon was the victim of a shooting.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

Originally posted by q_ball
Just a though crossed my mind earlier today, many great musicians, especially of the 60's and even 70's have ended up dead as a result of drugs abuse. ...and John Lennon....the list goes on...

FYI: John Lennon was the victim of a shooting.

yeah but he was getting political and got shot. That was my point.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
There is public evidence now, that Hoover (Head of FBI) spied on many musicians and movie stars. One of the first to be targeted by this dark man was Charlie Chaplin, the silent film god. Chaplin was a genius and very aggressive about speaking up against the B.S. the government was invovled in those days. Hoover hated anyone creative, brilliant and outspoken and eventually had Chaplin deported back to England.

Hoover was a real piece of work. He went on to spy and intimidate many others all the way to his last day. John Lennon was a victim of the FBI prying. So was Martin Luther King and anyone who spoke out against the White Elite running the Military Industrial Complex. After Hoover came McCarthism and the red witch hunt. Which of course, was targeted at actors and musicians and writers. Funny how that always is.

This is what we have on paper, as hard evidence. So, you have to wonder about the events that were not recorded, or the people who were threatened and too afraid to speak up. Things we will never know.

Absolutely, alot of "suicides" we see in the "news" are murders. And it doesn't stop at musicians. Look at the recent case of the Madam in charge of those prositutes serving members of congress. Where is she? dead. "Suicide" Right...

When you think along these lines, you are approaching the Event Horizon. This is a dark, evil black hole that has swallowed many lives. It's going on right now. We live in a world run by dark men. Speaking of dark men, how many people have been silenced or eliminated by "Men in Black"?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

This is nothing new. As there is nothing new under the sun, so they say. They are still being murdered. I believe the last great one was Tupac. (at the time he was murdered he was about to come out of his cacoon and put his industry on blast for all the gangsta nonsense)

I think Lennon was 86'd because of his the disclosure and experiences he had.

Why musicians, and artists? When they speak, people listen. When they sing, people hear.
What is more dangerous than having a song with a political nature become popular and what it can do for a movement. (Pete Segar, Joan Baez etc)
When that melody becomes embedded, the idea does too.
This whole RIAA/MPAA, digital TV switchthing is the next evolutionary step to limiting the minds of and controlling the masses. They wont need to be murderin anyone anymore as it is coming under control. Control the music and you control the masses.

new topics

top topics

join