It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama. A View From Scotland

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JesterMan

You know, you have some truth to your statement. However, I fear that we are paving the path to destruction just as the other 'Great' nations have done before us. The only 'Great' nation that still exists from history is England. Do you honestly think that our world image is NOT important at this point in history?

Although I am not sold on Obama just yet I do hope for some type of change. Especially nowadays. The way we interact with the world is different so I truly believe that our image becomes more and more important.

We have taken steps to try and assure that there are no other superpowers in the world. To me that is pathetic. What is happening in fact is that our education system is getting left in the dust by many other 'non-super power' nations. So how are we going to maintain our position as the leaders of the world?

You see, having pride in your country is one thing. Having blind ignorant arrogance is yet another.

I fear for the future of this country if we stay on this current path.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Man Jester, first you get my gander up with the first ill-conceived comment and then you make one that I fully agree with. You confuse me man but I do wholeheartedly agree with the 2nd Amendment and what it means to this country. Gun rights MUST NOT be abolished. Ever.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Obama = Marxist. How on Earth will that be good for us? The great uniter?? He's a racist? I say either way - with the two BS choices we have - are are el screwed!! By stock in KY now.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by acura_el2000
wow those last two responses were HORRIBLE, just shows you why people in other country's look down on the US.

Who cares? Americans sure don't, myself included. Want to know why? I personally find most foreigners very hypocritical in their views on the US.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The reason people come to the United States is to get behind our covert and overt bombs that we are dropping around the world. I'm 56 years old, born in America and my leaders have been dropping bombs in my name since I was born and before.

So if you want to continue your delusion go right ahead. The reality is, for most of those who come to America they are trying to avoid the bombs we drop hourly on the world.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Republican...Democrat...they're two wings on the same plane. One of the greatest scams ever pulled off in the United States - besides the corrupt, private Federal Reserve Bank - is the illusion that people have a choice in who the president will be. Just like Bush, the shadow government (about 6,000 globalists, according to "Super Class") has alread selected who they will install as the next 'decider' in the White House. However, I suspect that the globalists are so desparate now, taking into account that millions of Americans are waking up to the fraud of it all, that they may have already decided to stage another catastrophe as an excuse for Bush to declare martial law, suspend the so-called 'election', finish off the Constitution, and attack Iran. In fact, there is speculation that such an attack may very well take place by the end of August. I hope, for the world's sake, that everyone is wrong; however, all signs point to world-wide upheaval over the next few months. One thing I strongly encourage everyone to do is to start stocking up on food and water for their families as they are able to. May God have mercy and be with us all, as He is our only hope!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
. The only 'Great' nation that still exists from history is England.

England.

man, they stole whole countries, with the cunning use of flags

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6

Originally posted by acura_el2000
wow those last two responses were HORRIBLE, just shows you why people in other country's look down on the US.

Who cares? Americans sure don't, myself included. Want to know why? I personally find most foreigners very hypocritical in their views on the US.

I agree you saying foreigners can be somewhat hypocritcal.

But... this is the mixed message this country has spewed out since it's foundation. We all know true freedom in this country was a BOLD FACED LIE!

Granted, other countries have their faults, but they are not parading themselve's to be... "God loving Christians with democracy and love in their hearts." Please! Here enlies the confusion.

America - "We love you as human beings... our bible and constitution says so... we always take the high ground... love of mankind is in every part of our fiber... Now excuse us, we need to bomb you to smithereens!"

Now what foreign country in their right mind wouldn't have a brewing curiousity over this BS??

And to say you don't care... validates the problem with America's overall arrogance. It's just now other counties have figured out our "GRAND HUSTLE" and are arming themselve's to the teeth. And believe me... Americans will start caring when they are snatched-up on their vactions and locked up Rob Zombie style in a jungle hell hole.

Nows not the time to get caught with your pants at Bush's ankles.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Level X]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Although I am not sold on Obama just yet I do hope for some type of change. Especially nowadays. The way we interact with the world is different so I truly believe that our image becomes more and more important.

I have something you might want to read before you decide if Obama is bringing hope for change.

This is who is backing Obama

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
When you worry about how other people/places view you, in Psychology, this is called "low core self-esteem'. In other words, you let them control your actions.

You are meddling with the primal forces of nature... and you will atone!

Having concern on how you are viewed by others is a fundamental foundation block of life itself. This 'concern' is the immovable base for the pillars of social interaction from micro to macro of all social interactions species wide.

Originally posted by jetxnetOn the other hand, "High core self-esteem" is making your decisions based on knowing what is best for you, and not letting other people tell you what is best for yourself.

The tone of your post makes me read this ham handed explanation of yours as you describing a sociopathic mindset. Which is the level of consciousness of most microbes.

Not seeing ones self worth with respect to the whole by blinding themselves with their quests of avarice, is the dividing line between survival and extinction.

When people act like that... They are cannibals.

Originally posted by jetxnet Only you can truely know this, unless you're like mentally handicapped or something.

Uh-huh...

Originally posted by jetxnet"Please, please like me!" - wreaks of pathetic insecurity.

And it is always the most flattering fabric when worn by greedy, bullies... who intimidate and bribe everyone else on the playground.

What is amazing is how that fabric reflects the negatives right back to the core of the wearer until everything is consumed and a fabric wrapped husk is all that remains.

All empires collapse, and they all collapse for the same reasons.

In todays world. Everything happens that much faster... What took Rome thousands of years, took England and Spain 400... Will take us very much faster...

The inertia of hubris is a mighty foe... like an acid that only gets more corrosive, and stronger with each molecule it dismantles.

Originally posted by jetxnetYou can spin it how you want, but at the end of the day, it's always the USA paving the way.

A chain is only as strong as the weakest link.

At the end of the day...

You can choose to evolve..or go hang out with the dinosaurs.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by acura_el2000

Those two responses were right on,Its people like you with no back bone that will bring the US down,study human nature and if your to lame to comprehend truth about human nature then you will get a first hand lesson when or if Obama makes prez.His wife is a white hatting raceest and he is very good lier.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Thanks for your input on this subject. Aside from what the majority here is telling you (and let's remember that the majority are ALWAYS louder than the minority) a lot of us in this country DO care what the rest of the world think about our government. We are expected to be the leader of the free world in a lot of respects, and it's hard to know we're in that position with the screw-ups of the last few years.

My husband is a marine biologist and works with a lot of people from Norway and Sweden. They feel the same way you do - that Obama is what this country needs to be seen in a respectable light again by the rest of the world.

I also work with professionals in the medical field from all over the world who came to this country for a better life. They profess to me daily how much we need a MAJOR change in Washington to become favorable with the rest of the world again. Perhaps the people who so adamantly proclaim they don't care about the world's opinion of US government do not have interactions with those who know of its importance.

We need allies, people. Contrary to what you may believe, we can't stand all alone.

Again, thanks for your post.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

The reason people come to the United States is to get behind our covert and overt bombs that we are dropping around the world. I'm 56 years old, born in America and my leaders have been dropping bombs in my name since I was born and before.

So if you want to continue your delusion go right ahead. The reality is, for most of those who come to America they are trying to avoid the bombs we drop hourly on the world.

wow, you have won me over.

NOT !

what a rubbish thing to say

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
bottom lines its not about other countries liking the usa.

its not about world views. its about corruption, money, power and greed

the united states will never be saved as long as we choose presidents from such a shallow pool that is fully stocked by the elite and fed by the media

it would be impossible to change in that situation as those in control will keep power no matter whos name is under the presidential title

the only time that the usa will change is when the small people stand up and force a change because they are sick of the way things are; just like our forefathers did.

unfortunately it honestly seems everyones too pussy..i mean we've had a couple protests and riots... but nothing near what needs to be done by citizens in order to take back the united states from the pieces of sh*t

one man cant change the world alone, but when u get enough of the single men together, empires are born

*edited to throw in the last line after thinking about the people who were responsible for the creation of the usa*

[edit on 8-6-2008 by Dramey]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Man Jester, first you get my gander up with the first ill-conceived comment and then you make one that I fully agree with. You confuse me man but I do wholeheartedly agree with the 2nd Amendment and what it means to this country. Gun rights MUST NOT be abolished. Ever.

Only on ATS, 2 people go from complete dissagreement to finding a common ground. Much love.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
Morning.

Well i thought i would throw my thoughts at you all.

as the title says, im from Scotland, UK

Obama for me, is going to be good for the USA.
i strongly believe if he wins in November, the USA will become a different country.
as things stand your foreign policy is shocking, and Bush does make it hard to be an American in this world.

a new chapter people.

im just praying that, like the other "good guys" before him, that he doesnt get his head blown off by some madman.

this is a GOOD thing for you guys over there.

usualy, we here in the UK, shake our heads with disbelief at what we see over there. today, we are seeing good things.

lets all pray this carries on, and Obama gets into the Whitehouse.

I NEVER USUALY QUOTE MYSELF....

Well it’s now March 31st 2009

I am starting to think I jumped onto the Obamalator a wee bit to much.

I stated I was from Scotland, and I know it’s early, but the euphoria of his arrival now seems like years ago, and I think the "highlight" of Obama's presidency will be his inauguration day, I really do.
I mean it was SENSATIONAL. How can he top that? I don’t think he can.
Well it was him or McCain.

Sigh

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I appreciate you coming back and checking in with how you feel now compared with how you felt during the emotional highs of the campaign.

As far as I'm concerned ... if Scotland loves him, then they can have him.

All the damage he's done .. and it's only been 2 months of him in office .. I hate to think of what will be left of this country after four years of Obama.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by shauny

I appreciate you coming back and checking in with how you feel now compared with how you felt during the emotional highs of the campaign.

As far as I'm concerned ... if Scotland loves him, then they can have him.

All the damage he's done .. and it's only been 2 months of him in office .. I hate to think of what will be left of this country after four years of Obama.

Within the year, there will be a complete revolution, that is what obamassiah is waiting for to finish his vile work.

I only hope 7 days in may works this time.....

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SavageHenry

Just wanted to say that a name that quotes from Fear and Loathing and a line that quotes from Netword... you rock, sir.

And I absolutely agree with your post. In fact, I already had this link lined up... a few of the relevant points might be helpful to readers of this thread, though not to the posters who exemplify them:

Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

And of course they have a lot in common with the right wing authoritarian personality

Of course, the interesting thing about Obama is, is he just an empty suit? I have to say when I saw him before the elections I thought his speech was more than usually content-free. But at least he could speak English, which is a step up from the previous incumbent.

And now the honeymoon is over and he's successfully wee'd up the wall many billions, if not trillions of tax dollars and rammed through bills without them being read. And the Iraq withdrawal deadline's come and gone, but frankly anyone who believed that needed their head examining. There are something like 20 US bases in the deep desert of Iraq and they are not going away, even if the Iraqi government suddenly grows a spine.

And I have to say that when Blair got in I was not one of those people who got caught up in that wave of "we've kicked out the Tories" optimism. I thought it was going to be more of the same. And if anything, it was worse in many respects, though I'm sure the Tories would have been equally flaccid about telling Bush to take a hike over Iraq.

Obama, though... I was actually offline for quite a while and I'm glad because you won't find anything on ATS that can embarrass me about him. I was sure that the Republicans would win again - they'd fiddled the last 2 elections, why not a third? Then when he won, I thought, whoa, it's assassination time.

Then I came back online and started getting some non-MSM views. Phew.

So they do say that politics is the art of the possible. Does BO really want to help the little guy? The signs are not, so far, auspicious.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Aye. Shauny, don't feel too bad. You are in great company. Each day, there are increasing numbers of Americans who are drastically revising their previous feelings about Obama.

Normally, it would be fun to say, "I tried to tell you . . ." but this situation is so bad, and still accelerating, that there's no joy here.

I do wish you well.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join