It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amish and Digital Doomsday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I talk about the amish quite a bit. Often half heartedly commenting that I wish amish. However I know this is not a possibility as I don't agree with some of there teachings. Along with the fact that I have always had electricity and modern convinces. That would make it near impossible for me to fully convert to there 1799 lifestyle. I do admire the simplistic lifestyle of the amish and often wish to embrace the life style of no electricity or modern convinces.

The reason for that is because when the world goes through the Digital Doomsday. The Amish will be the only ones who will not be effected. People often times laugh at the idea of a digital doomsday. Yet history has proven multiple times, that man creates technology. Humankind becomes arrogant of their technology. Often times boasting that they are God's equal or that their technology makes them better than God. God becomes angry and destroys them and their technology. Only leaving the humble, God fearing, God loving people alive to carry on the human race.

When it happens this time around very few will survive the N.W.O.'s final plan. Yet I still do believe it will be a lot easier on the Amish. What are your thought's on the Amish, digital doomsday, this post, the NWO, or history repeating itself?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Digital Doomsday? What's that like when the 0's attack all the 1's?

Can you elaborate on what digital technology has to do with doomsday?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

Although he was not specific, he could have meant something like this
emp

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Digital Doomsday? What's that like when the 0's attack all the 1's?

Can you elaborate on what digital technology has to do with doomsday?

When I speak of digital doomsday, I mean the day when all technology fails and the world is sent back to the dark ages. All technology would be destroyed and we would have to start all over again. It has happened before and it's only a matter of time before it happens again. Most people are not familiar with the idea of a digital doomsday because it is rarely discussed.

There are two cases listed in the bible that technology along with the arrogant was destroyed. While the humble survived. There are many other instances listed throughout pagan stories of old, along with modern day archeological evidence that ancient people had technology but somehow "A Digital Doomsday" scenario happened and they lost there technology.

I will just list the examples I can remember off the top of my head. With no exact details.

Noah and the Great Flood
The Tower of Babel
The Lost City of Atlantis
When Icarus flew too close to the sun
Baghdad Battery (A Battery Used by the Ancient Babylonians)

There are most likely more examples of this type of thing. I just cannot recall them off the top of my head. Hope that clears it up for you.

To see a fictional film to have a better understanding of this concept. Watch "Escape from LA" at the end of the film there is a digital doomsday.

[edit on 6/4/08 by mrfreehugs]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well, I've heard theories of past civilizations being technologically advanced before, but haven't given it a lot of thought. I do, however, lean against it for the simple reason that there is not a lot of archaeological evidence pointing to past society having widespread technology.

The first thing that popped into mind was the fact that lasting evidence of civilization has been recorded in stone for the most part. What other mineral that would be man-made and could showcase technology would survive eons?
Glass artifacts.

Do we have evidence of a society using precision lenses hundreds of thousands of years ago? Certainly some of them would have survived all this time, but haven't. That's just one example I can think of.

top topics

join