It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA image - help me identify this 'thing!' #weirdness inside!#

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Please for the love of God can any one help me ident this weird 'thing' ???

Look at it for Goddness sake - what in hells name are they doing, why the air tanks and why the hell are they using a gieger counter ?????

grin.hq.nasa.gov...

Grab it before it vanishes!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Grab that image before it vanishes folks...what in goodness sake is going on ? a test ? a test of what ?

Any ex-nasa folk here ?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
this one has been brought up before. can't remember what the outcome was but I remember someone pointing out the huge nuts and bolts flanging the top to the bottom part. definetely man made.
the bottom also looks like it needs to be flanged to something else, it has bolt holes around the perimeter of the skirt. also alot of weld seams are visible this beast is man made. prolly the top of some ballistic missile.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by blimpseeker]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

No, it's not a flying saucer, it is the domed top to a 70 foot long vacuum tank at the Lewis Research Center's Electric Propulsion Laboratory, Cleveland, Ohio. The three technicians shown here in protective clothing had just emerged from within the tank where they had been cleaning in the toxic mercury atmosphere, left after ion engine testing in the tank. Lewis has since been renamed the John H. Glenn Research Center. grin.hq.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Oh dammit than YOU! omg I clicked the link and fell off my swivel chair...

Thank you Fred T for that link... mines just a link and no info...

And breath.....

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
That is definitly man made in my opinion too.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Dan --

No offense intended here, but a description of that object can be found on the exact website from which you linked that photograph in your OP. Granted, there are quite a few pictures on that site, but it took me less than 20 minutes to find that image and its description (the one posted by FredT).

A good starting point to find info on an image is to go to the "home page" of the website from which the images is linked -- in this case grin.hq.nasa.gov (simply drop the /IMAGES/LARGE/...etc after the ".gov" part in the address bar) -- then serching for the image from there.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I feel an arse enough as it is....

My bad ok ? I made a genuine mistake with this one.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

No worries! I didn't mean to make you feel bad; just trying to help out the next guy who can't identify a photo.

new topics

top topics

join