It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Elder speaks of 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'm not sure what to think of this(I just found it on the internet)I personally believe in 2012 and thought I would post this statement for all here on "ATS" to read, let me know what you all think!

Mayan Elder Speaks
DON ALEJANDRO ... MAYAN ELDER
September 1999 ... Santa Fe, New Mexico

We are all here because it is our destiny, our mission. Spirit has called each of you here. You are special. I am no more special than you are. You are more than me. I am a poor Mayan. We do not have schools and universities like you do. We live in the poor countryside. What I have is given to me by my father. The Cosmos is the source of our knowledge. We study the Cosmos. Our books are the Mayan Codices. For us, this is our writing. The hand is a book. We have 5000 codices. We study these. We communicate with the invisible ones, the star people, who gave me my name,"Wandering Wolf." I come in fulfillment of the prophesies of the Mayan and Hopi, which says: "Those of the center will unite the eagle of the north and the condor of the south, because we are one, like the fingers of the hand." This means that the elders of Central America will unite with those of North and South America. This is a fulfillment of our prophesies, that is why I am here. our elder astronomers are watching over time and when it will be fulfilled. It shall be fulfilled in Twelve Baktun and it began on August 17, 1987, the Harmonic Convergence. It was then that I began my walk all over the world.
Continued at source.

Source

Mod Edit: Quote trimmed, please see Posting work written by others. External tags used, please see New Site Tag For Quoting External Sources. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 4/6/08 by JAK]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Very interesting. I have never read that before. CAN'T WAIT!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Yes, I believe he was refering to the Hopi going to the Un here in the US as well as the gathering of all the First Nations in the America's.

He did this during the Pow Wow in New Mexico. I was not there but some dancers told me about this in North Battleford.

The Prophet, Tenskwatawa, who was betrayed by the USA in 1812, spoke of these times as well. He was the brother of Tecumseh.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
For those same Crystal Skulls, get a copy of a Dirk Pitt novel. The myth of the skulls is large and has been around for ages. Not that it makes it any more or less real.

Some say the Crystal Skulls came from Atlantis. Of course, that's a whole nother can of worms.

Some say they are not Crystal, and they generate a heat on there own (thus providing power).

Wouldn't know, I haven't seen them. Some say they are Onyx or some other blackish, while others hold to the clearer stones. Either way, they are said to be so perfectly cut that only the most professional of cutters with the best equipment could dare attempt a copy today. Again, here say.

Does any of this lead to truths about 2012? Who knows.

Think of it like this, though. Alot of times these Doomsday Prophecies say something triggers they end. For instance, if finding the Skulls and some how 'using' them brings the end... what if they aren't found? If the Spear of Destiny must kill a mortal to spawn the Son of the Devil to begin the downfall of man... what if it's never found?

What ever the Relic, staying lost assures survival on a base notion. Now, other times it's merely god or God is done playing, so he hits the power button on us.

As for 2012 or The Rapture or Ragnorak, since I can't stop it I might as well just keep on a livin', eh?

I ask, in sincerity, if you really KNEW when it was all to end, what would you do?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Reply to BradKell

Alot of times these Doomsday Prophecies say something triggers they end.

Well,all of them can't be right,so only one or none are(lol,unless they all tie in to eachother)I started a thread on the Crystal Skulls and 2012,but really there is alot of evidence pointing to them being fake,I dunno' I've heard different things,I guess we really won't know until ..............2012?

[edit on 6/3/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well, I don't think anyone in there right mind would come out and name the person they handed such a rare/important/sacred/valuable item over to. That just leads people to find the person and steal the items.

If they are real, they would be kept secluded or guarded, the where abouts a guarded secret. So that part leaves me skeptical that the person named actually has the Skulls. Perhaps bait, to see who comes for it though.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
What an interesting thread...
Thank you.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08me know what you all think!

it is UTTER TWADDLE , to put it bluntly

this is no message from a " mayan elder " it is new age bull# claiming to be mayan "wisdom "

the glaring clue is the appaling ignorance of the mayan calander - the 2012 " end date @ is merely the last published date

do you think the world will end on dec 31 2008 - just because your all calender ends there ??

no ? so why believe the idiocy surrounding the mayan calander ??????

if you actually study it properly - it instantly becomes apparent that they have already deviused syestems for calculating longer time periods :

20 katun = 1 baktun (400 years)
20 baktun = 1 piktun (8,000 years)
20 piktun = 1 kalabtun (160,000 years)
20 kalabtun = 1 kinchiltun (3,200,000 years)
20 kinchiltun = 1 alautun (64,000,000 years)

but the did not publish these mamoth calenders , and why would they ?

do you know what day july 14th 2525 will be ? is it relevant , of course not - it will be one day - but right now its of little consequence

they myans had thier calender calculated to 2012 - because that was the end of the current baktun - a logical place to stop -

thats it - no mystery no catatstope predicted - just a ` new age ` which it would have been

the new millenium was hailed as a ` new age ` in the western world in exactly the same way

[edit on 4-6-2008 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Interesting read Jkrog; thanks for sharing it with us. I agree with the general sentiment of the Elder and think that any effort toward a unity of any segment of humanity is a step in the right direction. If we absolutely KNEW that 2012 was going to be an ELE, do I think we would act differently? I"d sure like to think so, but doubt it. Just doesn't seem human nature, and I can't imagine what it would take for us to be convinced. If you pay attention to the near-Earth-objects (NEO) tracking, you find that frequently there are things found and their potential assessed, and occasionally other objects take us by surprise. The tracking of known objects and their orbits kind of infers to some that EVERYTHING is known and being tracked. I don't see how we can go wrong preparing for the worst, as long as our lives and don't become obsessed over it to the point where it consumes us.

Maybe.... if we as a species can't learn to be kind to the planet and use its resources wisely, we don't deserve to inherit it.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
To me, this is racist. It is a stereotype, attributing special knowledge and attributes to someone simply because of their race. It is a new-age twist on the Noble Savage, playing on what a Euro-Centric culture expects of Indians.

For example, one would not put special weight on some crusty old-timer from England spouting nonsense about Revelations, simply because he comes from a traditionally-Christian culture. You would not see a headline saying, "English Pensioner Speaks of the Apocalypse!"

[edit on 4-6-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Is he talking about NAFTA ???

Is Bill Clinton down there still going at it? Someone send a telegram, Obama has won the nomination. Leave the Mayans alone.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BradKell

Although i'm more of a Kurt Austin man myself, i'm actually quite interested in which book it is you speak of - any chance of being pointed in the right direction here?

Anyway, Saviour; I agree quite strongly with your sentiment, as after all there are literally thousands of such people in our cities who live there and make a livelihood by begging and doomsaying.

They've been telling us this all along, and all of a sudden we need some relic of an ancient time to tell us about it in order to get us moving?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I dont beleive the world will end in 2012. The Earth will still be around for a long time yet. Humanity might destroy itself though either through nuclear warfare or ecological diasaster. However if the world does end i wont have to worry about my credit card bill anymore
Ha Lasta Viva Credit Crunch !!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

they myans had thier calender calculated to 2012 - because that was the end of the current baktun - a logical place to stop -
thats it - no mystery no catatstope predicted - just a ` new age ` which it would have been

the new millenium was hailed as a ` new age ` in the western world in exactly the same way

I totally agree with you on that point. 2012 is just next another future day people can focus on.

I'm just curious about something: I thought all the Mayans were dead, disappeared, poof gone! No one knows what became of them and there are none around to decrypt the codecies. Archeologists/Anthropologists figured out some of them like the calander and a few others but not all. And I didn't think we knew for sure (with out a bunch of inference) about their culture. That's what I thought anyway! So if my memory serves me correctly: How can he be a Mayan Elder? Can he explain what happened to them? Can he talk about folklore regarding their gods, culture, it's decline, and the supposed strories of visitors from the sky and sea?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ya sure....this MUST be true as the Mayans are such progressive world shakers (please)

LOL laughable New Age nonsense...2012 will come and go like any other date...then im sure some 'text' will be 'unearthed' by some archaeologist saying "no no not 2012...2025"

lol..keep the fantasy posts coming.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Welcome To ATS Skunk Works

Originally posted by GodMode
lol..keep the fantasy posts coming.

Please read the notice posted at the top of every page in this forum:

This forum is dedicated to the all-important highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many, if any facts and span the spectrum of topics discussed on ATS. Readers and users should be aware that extreme theories without corroboration are embraced in this forum. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

If you have something appropriate to contribute, please feel free to do so. Otherwise, don't post.

Thanks.

Also Recommended

Back To Basics: The ATS Skunk Works Forum!

No more scoffing and ridicule...

[edit on 6/4/2008 by Majic]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonInMichigan
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I totally agree with you on that point. 2012 is just next another future day people can focus on.

I'm just curious about something: I thought all the Mayans were dead, disappeared, poof gone! No one knows what became of them and there are none around to decrypt the codecies. Archeologists/Anthropologists figured out some of them like the calander and a few others but not all. And I didn't think we knew for sure (with out a bunch of inference) about their culture. That's what I thought anyway! So if my memory serves me correctly: How can he be a Mayan Elder? Can he explain what happened to them? Can he talk about folklore regarding their gods, culture, it's decline, and the supposed strories of visitors from the sky and sea?

They have not gone poof,there are still millions of them,only most dont even know about there history.And ALOT but not all of the shamans you talk to...really dont know much...although some still do.As for 2012,agreed nothing big will come of it....except a galactic alignment that only happens every 26,000 years!
Seeing a millenium and a 26,000 year alignment in one lifetime,dont get much better than that!
Lungold has a good talk about 2012...it is a bit new agey...but i like it for its philosophical purposes.For one i had no idea the mayans dated the beggining of the universe at 16 billion years....if thats true.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Lethil]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I found another link connected to this guy as well here:

www.mayasunserpent.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Had I remembered I would have posted it. I'm trying to think, as it was the first Cussler I had read. It was excellant, by the way. (Kurt Austin is good, there seems really to be little difference between Kurt, Dirk, and the guy from Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code by Dan Browne. You could easily replace them into the other's stories.)

Let me think. Crystal Skulls. Colorado gold mine. Hmmm, Inca Gold? I'll grab one of my Cussler's and look through his book list, maybe it will pop out at me. I'll U2U you!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Interesting coincidence. Right now I'm reading The Mystery of the Crystal Scull by Chris Morton and Ceri Louise Thomas and it talks about the same things as Don Alejandro (which by the way is also mentioned in the book). The same prophecies, the same cataclysmic events that will happen in a near future... predictions and channeled messages from the scull about the future of mankind and planet earth, the origin of the scull from Pleiads an Atlantis etc. I think is about time to start listening to the spiritual and inner voices and stop being blindfolded by the imposed science. IMO is to late but at least lets try not to perish without trying...

Just my two cents...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join