It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stone Age man killed to get a woman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Dating stone age style...

Neolithic age men fought over women too, according to a study that provides the most ancient evidence of the lengths men will go to in the hunt for partners.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Some things never change.... remember the episode from early Roman history called the Rape of the Sabine women?

Rome at the time was barely a city state and they had a severe shortage of women so they raided the neighboring city state and stole their women.

It has been the subject of some famous old master's paintings.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Some things never change.... remember the episode from early Roman history called the Rape of the Sabine women?

Rome at the time was barely a city state and they had a severe shortage of women so they raided the neighboring city state and stole their women.

It has been the subject of some famous old master's paintings.

Will happen again if the SHTF... women are commodities when society breaks down, proven time and again here and there around the world in recent years.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I hope not I am still dreaming of being a kept man

I am housebroken and I can cook, I have a good sense of humor and I don't take myself seriously...

So what is I am fat and lame.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The most common reasons for war in non-state societies is:

94% Revenge, retaliation and defense against same

70% Economic (booty, land, poaching, slaves)

58% Women

36% Peronsal glory

nc Political

non-state warfare kills about .5% of the population per year. To give you an idea of how deadly that is. If states had engaged in this type of fighting since 1900 there would have been 2 Billion casualities.

As recorded in existing and historic hunter-gathers
From Keeley's War before Civilization

So women were a prime reason for war

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

It wouldn't surprise me that much. I am kinda surprised though that they are basing this more on the formation of the group to base the basis of the attack. They could have just as easily been spoils.
Th eodd part would be though the females from the other tribe, apparently the winners, who died. They may have died in the attack, but if they were viewed as property, then why were they included as fighters.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I think they were stretching the evidence.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
I think they were stretching the evidence.

Yeah, maybe it was the women that killed all the men they found to be inadequate for the task :p

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
One never knows-it may have been an orgy that went a little to far in the conduct of a spanking game.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hanslune? did you just say "may have?". That is speculation if I ever heard it. To assume an orgy could go bad. j/k

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I haven't witnessed men fighting over women near as much as over spilt beer! Maybe they were redneck parties gone bad.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I speculate all the time but I make sure people know its speculation and not an evidence based opinion.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

" they had a severe shortage of women so they raided the neighboring city state and stole their women.
"

Funny....that is also the tradition of the yanamamo indians in south america...

new topics

top topics

join