It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 and Nostradamus, prophecy fulfilled?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Mr.X_

Nostradamus included these other warnings and dates, that until 2008 meant very little:

1. "February sixth will bring mortality"
2. "The tenth Calends of April Gothic count"
3. "Sun twentieth at Taurus"
4. "A very mighty trembling in the month of May"
5. "For many nights the earth will tremble, over the Spring two efforts in succession".
6. "there will appear, towards the north, not far from Cancer, the bearded star: the great of Rome will die, the night over".

1,2,3: ash wednesday?Easter?Passover?
4: an earthquake in China?
5: a storm in Burma?

none of these seem to be linked or related in any way other than they followed the completion of the seven which is interpeted to mean Gregorian calander year 2007...
that is s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g credibility.

so, if the first 5 events are pointing to something significant in prediction #6
I fail to see what the connection might be.

the 6th listed event & warning , which begins by seeing a bearded star in the constellation Cancer ~21-22 June '08
[in those times a bearded star was the description of a Comet, and spotting a comet in the sky was a sign/portent of a bad omen or event
soon to befall mankind.]
followed by 'the great of Rome will die, the night over'

one might imagine that the earthquake carnage in China and the Storm carnage in Burma is a guideline of what may be approaching 'the great of Rome'... to occur sometime after a comet is spotted in the inconspicuous constellation of Cancer (bounded by the constellatons Leo & Gemini)

or almost anything else.

idle speculation is all i could present... but even idle speculation would need a more solid foundation that the first 5 events & dates indicating the year when #6 will occur is all connected... i just don't accept the interpetation that M Nostradamus built in a code linking 6 different and widely spaced quatrains into a 2008 timeline of a series of farflung events.

gotta go do something else now,

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
this is a great thread.

I saw someone say something about project Lucifer . . . Isn't project Lucifer something from one of A.C. Clarkes' fictional novels? Where they turn Jupiter into a second sun? (sorry if i just ruined anyones read) Is NASA seriously thinking about reenacting a piece of literature? Don't get me wrong, Clarke is a genius and one of my all time heroes. But that's kind of loonytoons if they're really planning this . . .

These "coincidences" the OP has pointed out are very well thought out and intriguing.

There is no coincidence that the poetry coincides with current events. But their is also a possibility that the poetry does so because you are applying them with "postdestination". The same way evolutionists apply the theory of evolution with "postdestination".

I might be making up this word postdestination, so let me explain what i mean . . .

I enter a room and i see a cracked vase on the floor next to a table. I also see a cat on the table. I can say to myself, logically, that the cat more than likely knocked the vase off the table. I'm using information that i have acquired ex post facto to form a logical conjecture.

This is "postdestination" as i'm calling it.

Now predestination of course, is if before i enter the room, I know that an earthquake will tremble the house and knock the vase to the floor, also scaring the cat into jumping onto the table (a high place)! And when i enter, or before i enter the room, it happens.

Postdestination is logical and it works within reality, but it is not always accurate.

[edit on 6/9/2008 by JPhish]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
well here it is June 22nd. I will keep my eyes open.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join