It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D hologram demonstrated on stage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1
So there is a hologram technology that 99% of people don`t know...

Makes me think about John Lear and his hologram planes 911 theory, maybe he deserves another look at his statements and apologies from people that called him a lunatic no pun intended

Well I knew that someone would drag John Lear's hologram idea out and dust it off as soon as I saw the thread title. Don't worry, the 9/11 hologram idea has been and still is currently debunked. John Lear is still WRONG.

Here's a bit of information from the companies website that sponsored the hologram in question.

Musion Eyeliner is a unique high-definition video holographic projection system allowing spectacular freeform 3D hologram effects to be projected within a live stage setting using Peppers Ghost technology.

Musion Eyeliner is an open system that uses a specially developed foil in reflecting images from high-definition video projectors, making it possible to show virtual images of variable sizes and distinct clarity created using a proprietary software. The entire system consists of a truss box and a stage, where the virtual picture appears.

source www.eyeliner3d.com...

Here are a few highlights you should see:
1. It uses the Peppers Ghost technology which has been used by magicians.

Pepper's ghost is an illusionary technique used in theater and in some magic tricks. Using a plate glass and special lighting techniques, it can make objects seem to appear or disappear, or make one object seem to "morph" into another.
In 1862, inventor Henry Dircks developed the Dircksian Phantasmagoria, a technique used to make a ghost appear onstage which later became known as pepper's ghost.

source en.wikipedia.org...

2. The musion system uses a foil to project the image on to which is enclosed in a truss box and stage.

3. Holograms use light to project their images on a medium. The light projected must be noticeably lighter then the background light so you won't see a hologram being projected outside in the daylight.

So as you can see, John Lear's hologram idea is still dead and buried.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
interesting find....

but i surmise that someones jumping the gun for a little of the spotlight
with this early presentation.

It seems that an outfit in Norway has a much more refined 3D projection system already developed,

Frederikstad, Norway, 29 May 2008...
projectiondesign* is set to wow the audiovisual industry in Las Vegas next month with ..... our first ever active stereo 3D projection...

www.projectiondesign.com...

InfoComm in Vegas will be the grand showcase for this product.
projectiondesign* seems to be way ahead of the others as far a i can understand their proprietary remarks in the link above.

oops spelling

[edit on 5-6-2008 by St Udio]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join