It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D hologram demonstrated on stage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

3D hologram demonstrated on stage

www.smh.com.au

Forget conference calls or video crosses - beaming your hologram interstate for a live chat is closer to becoming a reality.

In what Telstra says is a national first, the telco today beamed a mobile three dimensional image of its chief technology officer, Hugh Bradlow, from Melbourne to Adelaide to give a live business presentation.

"In Melbourne, we have a high definition video camera which is filming me as I stand here," Dr Bradlow told journalists.

"That signal is being taped across the network and the far end is using a very smart optical projection system to create a holograph, or my virtual presence, in Adelaide."

Dr Bradlow could see who he was talking to in Adelaide via a big, flat panel screen, allowing the real time interaction.

"It has the look and feel of being in the same room together," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The future is here and I'm still not ready.

This is so COOL!!!

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
So there is a hologram technology that 99% of people don`t know...

Makes me think about John Lear and his hologram planes 911 theory, maybe he deserves another look at his statements and apologies from people that called him a lunatic no pun intended

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Nah... if you look at it, its obvious its not real... I doubt seriously you could pull something off like making a projected plane look convincing.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Check out the thread below. I posted a bunch of the better holo demos I could find in there. They are doing some really cool things with the technology these days....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Related video of the event:-

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I knew it...I knew it wouldn't take long for the "hologram" talk about 911 to come up. Look, I am USUALLY open to anyone's theory but as you can CLEARLY see...the hologram is WAY different then any REAL object. NO WAY on a bright sunny morning a hologram could of been projected into the sky!!!!!! You see MANY vids of the second plane coming in from MANY different angles and distances...and I'm sorry but NOPE...no possible way projected light made the noise, had the object mass, speed, etc....PLAIN AND SIMPLE....IT WAS A PLANE....A REAL PLANE!!!!

So I hope this thread doesn't turn into some far fetched idea that light, aimed into the sunny clear sky made the illusion of a plane that made a lot of noise and was timed PERFECT with the explosion in towers 1 & 2!!!

Bottom line.. go shine your flashlight up in the sky during the day..what will you see? exactly..NOTHING!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

Yeah, there's some amazing demos from the 'Musion Eyliner' software

If anybody want's to check ot there youtube account, which has plenty of impressive demos - Click!

peas

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Xeros]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Is anyone else reminded of the holographic chess game from Star Wars IV. The one where you shouldn't beat a wookie? Cool vid, imagine what it will be like in 10 years, or really imagine what they haven't shown us yet.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I expect R2D2 to roll out and spray a princess into the air for us to rescue!

This is so damned cool! think of the things you could do with it - communications with family members far away would be a great use for this.

Great link, flagged.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Not the first time I've seen hologram technology.

I remember apple came out with their own 3D holographic system a while back... amazing.

This version seems a little... well... two dimensional.

Either way, it's good they're taking steps forward, but it's already been done, and better.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
maybe...just maybe...one day there will be a hologram jesus...or a hologram allah....or a hologram ufo fleet in the sky...and maybe the holograph technology will be more convincing.
Exactly how much do we, as average laypersons know about holographic technology.
The 911 hologram theory seems kinda insane when you think about it from a logical perspective.
But the next time you are conscious in your dreams, ask yourself how advanced this technology is. And watch the answer unfold before your very eyes...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Man, Thank goodness for holograms, because I for one believe they are "our only hope".

:-)

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well if they're showing us this now, chances are what they're NOT showing us is absolutely spectacular.

And, I expect we'll see the first "adult" holograms spreading across the Internet by early next week.....

[edit on 6/4/2008 by The Nighthawk]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The difficulty is not so much to produce light, but to produce darkness over a bright daylight background. Even with Star Wars technology, holograms are still transparent.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Er... i have a question, and it's to do with the applications of this technology.

Is it going to rid the world of disease, hunger and war?

Basically i'm saying that i fail to see what practical use this has other than to make phone sex that little bit more exciting.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Nah... if you look at it, its obvious its not real... I doubt seriously you could pull something off like making a projected plane look convincing.

I'm not saying I believe the hologram theory but how well defined does the plane actually have to be? Flying at over 500 MPH, how long of a glimps did anyone really get of it? A second or two? Is that enough time to discern something moving at a high rate of speed? Or would it be enough to convince people that they had actually seen a plane?

Of course then the news footage would have to be CGI.

Lots of people to cover-up something when a real plane would probably have been easier. Just my opinion of course.

[edit on 6/4/2008 by Griff]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

If you noticed in the video, the hologram was being projected against a dark background for a more realistic contrast. I imagine if the background were anything but a flat, dark color the hologram would have a more ghost like quality to it.

That said, I don't buy into the holographic plane speculation either.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
Er... i have a question, and it's to do with the applications of this technology.

Is it going to rid the world of disease, hunger and war?

No, no, and..... No.

Basically i'm saying that i fail to see what practical use this has other than to make phone sex that little bit more exciting.

Well it could make telecommuting that much more effective, cutting down on the need for physical commuting, thus reducing the need to drive and burn oil. Also it could reduce the need for business trips.

Where I work, some of the managers and directors end up flying out to other cities for only a day or so to give a single presentation, or to get a day's worth of training on some procedure or another.

Not having to waste half a day each way in an airport, not having to risk Homeland Security goons stealing or downloading sensitive info from your laptop, not having to go from work to plane to presentation to plane to work in the space of two days... It would save business a ton of money in the long run, and reduce the stress on those who currently have to do such travel.

On the other hand it may severely cut into what little profits the airlines make, pushing them further towards oblivion.....

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I can tell its fake, there is no Total Recall jidder in the hologram.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join