It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paid Political Trolls on ATS...I fart in your general direction!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Oh, politics is complete and utter filth! The citizens of the United States of America have no say in government...I accepted that a long time ago. We're just cogs in a huge money machine.

I can't stand the thought of ATS being appropriated by politicians's lackeys in the guise of "Hey, guess what..." postings started by underlings on the payroll.

I think you're right about it getting worse...I'm all for people speaking their minds to offer what they feel is the truth, but, I hope enough ATS members see the light and stop taking the bait from political shills.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Before this election is done we're all going to need flack jackets, helmets, and hip waders. Its going to be patheticaly funny. Monty Python logic is very prevelant in this election,,even without the proper quotes!!!LOL

Zindo

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
ezziboo, a breath of fresh air! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I just farted in their direction, and that felt good. Aaahhhhhh...yes, much better...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Desert, maybe that's how we should get politically involved, by generating multi-directional flatulence, en masse...Eureka!! You, my friend, are an inspired genius!

Most of what comes from Washington is hot air anyway (and smells worse than farts do), so what say we all do our part to contribute...it'll be soooo easy...just say the following to everyone you see..."hey man, pull my finger!"

[edit on 3-6-2008 by ezziboo]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
there are some posts/threads on here...

It seems thre more close we get to the election, the worse the content gets in here...

This fourm was about 100X better before it moved back onto the ATS page...

Also, i think morons just flock to public places of thought and speach every 4 years...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
How would one know that there aren't paid trolls accusing people of being paid trolls??

Yes that was a one liner.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ezziboo

ezziboo, I am humbled by your comments.
This particular form of political participation is within all of us, however; and so we should all, along with regular contact with our congresspersons to express our opinions/ideas and voting, join in the Pull My Finger Campaign to clear the air in Washington.

After some thought on the topic, I offer this
It might be a paid political troll if
...the title of the thread is, "Senator Soandso Picks Lint From Other People's Navels"
...the phrase, "I'll give you that point!" is never used, but the phrase, "Yeah, you have a point, and it's at the top of your head!!" is used in every reply.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Great Post Ezzi

I agree....There are DEFINITELY "paid" or certainly trolls whom are active members of a particular nameless political party in operation on ATS of late...

Thanks for pointing it out....BTW, have you noticed none of said trolls have bothered to post in this thread yet ?

I'm sure they'll come out of the woodwork soon enough tho

Peace

EDIT To Add -- The sooner the PTB here move anything political that is not alternative or conspiratorial in nature to BTS, the better...This crap is clogging the main board like horrible disease....

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Rilence]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, what possible impact do you think posting anything on ATS about anybody would have on the upcoming presidential election?

Are people here really so deluded to think that discussions on ATS would make any difference in the real world? As a conspiracy site, I can understand the paranoid aspect of believing a political party would pay people to post on ATS. That said, at some point you really need to get back in touch with the real world.

Over 100 million people will vote in the upcoming election. A few hundred people on ATS, which has a large number of members who are not even from the U.S., aren't going to make a bit of difference.

Of course all you who are delusional and/or paranoid will immediately label this post as evidence that your theory is correct. It's really kind of funny when you think about it.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Looks like you touched a nerve Ezzi....What a shame
*LMAO*

Just wait, there will be a flood of them now....Offend their viewpoint and watch them act like rabid dogs

Peace

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
How would one know that there aren't paid trolls accusing people of being paid trolls??

We don't.

They could just be a bunch of bored teenagers seeing what they're capable of (without considering the implications).

They could even be idiots!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The trolls are usually easy to spot. And they are bad. They turned me into a newt. (I got better)

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

True AT, they could be either of those or a mix thereof...

However, they should be taken from the main board....

This site is about alternative and conspiratorial matters on any topic at all...

Its a shame its being overrun by people posting current political news and people posting nothing alternative or conspiratorial about politics

The Amigos have dropped the ball on this, IMHO

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It happened in 2004 and it will happen this year too. October is when the games will begin (this is when the party started back in 2004)

Certain posters are paid and others are acting on their own, you can tell between the two. Independent partisan posters tend not to post intelligent threads just ranting and raving. Some of the paid political members are very smart individuals, I made some good friends back in 2004 with the Kerry fans.

However; witch-hunting for paid posters is not the solution. You'll end up accusing the wrong individuals and creating chaos on the board.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Do you really think that they need to be PAID? From the tone and content of some posts I think these people are simply zealots and inclined to engage in this partisan nonsense of their own volition.

I've been here less than a year so I dread the October rush to flood the site with political garbage. I hope the non-game players will overcome the influx of propaganda. Some of the posters here are truly top-notch so I might get lucky and see a troll or two smashed into oblivion..., that's worth looking forward to

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Perhaps the Amigos should move these posts off the main board ?

In order to maintain the smooth running of the board us long termers and regulars love ?

Peace

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
How do you define a "paid" troll? Someone who dares disagree with your opinion? This is what it's beginning to sound like...

Personally, I can't stand any of the so called choices. So I suppose that means I'm not? Darn...I've been accused of being a concervative (guilty), a rightwing christian fundementalist (not guilty, your honor), even upon occaision a liberal (again, innocent your honor), I wanna be a troll, or is it a shill? I lose track after a while...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
All members are treated the same under T&C. Trolls are dealt with and members advertising or recruiting are covered too by ATS policy.

As I said, it can be difficult to find out who is paid-to-post. You don't know until after the election when certain members stop posting btw.

seagull is damn right too. Many people have been called paid posters for having a different opinion. I can highlight threads in which members have been accused of being "racist" or "paid conservatives" for not supporting Obama. From viewing the content so far, there is no evidence to suggest paid posters from political parties or interest groups have arrived at ATS (yet).

No offence, but I think new members need to think before they accuse fellow members of being paid to visit ATS to post*.

*I already know who is here from other sites/forums promoting agendas. None of the political sites have tagged ATS yet

[edit on 4-6-2008 by infinite]

JSR

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
i just want to say, stared and flagged for the title alone. it gave me a good laugh.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

Yes that was a one liner.

One would have no real way of knowing...but, I'd be willing to bet my left cheek that a paid troll accusing people of being a paid troll would stick to contributing to threads related only to the very topic they're being paid to bark about.

In fact, I'll double down and bet both cheeks...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join