It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simpsons cast sign new pay deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Variety said the salaries of the stars - including Dan Castellaneta (Homer) and Nancy Cartwright (Bart) - would rise to $400,000 (£200,000) an episode.

The Simpsons is the US' longest-running prime-time entertainment series.

sorce
I am glad the show will be around for four more years. I do think the voice actors are good, probably the best available. But the thing is, are they $400,000 an episode good?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

They may not be $400,000 'good', however, to Fox Broadcasting they are worth it. Fox may not make enough to cover every episode through advertising, however, that is the price they pay to ensure that the Simpsons crew are still on staff. Voiceovers, DVD Extras all of these are required to continue the Simpsons juggernaut.

Fox just wants them to remain on their payroll. In the end it is definitely worth it.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Best show ever. They were underpaid for many years. Look at it this way. If those idiots from "Friends" were worth $1 Mil. per episode, Homer is easily worth $400 K.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
wow, ridiculous. as for me, i think the simpsons has become played out. perhaps the movie has renewed an interest for a lot of ppl and thats why the pay is increasing. ppl are starving to death and dying from diseases that can easily be cured, yet we pay our celebrities so much money they couldnt possibly spend it all. 400 G's just to talk? wow

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Always has and probobly always will be my favorite TV show.

Give 'em everything they ask for as long as they continue to do the show.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yeah let them be paid.

Without the original cast there is no Simpson's.
Look at the earliest epi's and see how Dan Castellaneta has perfected Homer's voice, and Marges voice actor, and everyone else on the show, different voices will kill it all...

top topics

join