It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghostly figures in my room

page: 1

join
share:
zej

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'm usually hovering around the UFO forum but owing to an incident the other night (part of an ongoing series) I felt compelled to see if anybody else has had similar experiences.

To cut to the chase - I wake up either from a sleep or a semi-sleep - with the feeling of being watched and see vague ghostly figures looking at me from various parts of my bedroom. The entity's / phantoms always disappear after a few seconds of being seen! Its happened maybe 6 times in my present property - never anywhere else. It is nothing like a lucid dream which I also occasionally have, or a normal dream - very different.

I've lived here for 5 years and these incidents are spread out over that time. I'm 98% sure I'm not dreaming at the time - it feels very real. Not scared by this, just fascinated.

Anybody else with similar experiences?

zej

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This sounds like an interesting subject >~

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zej

sometimes it can also be your eyes adjusting to waking up and seeing light or what light there is unless your room is utter blackness at which point i dont think youd see anything

example, my wife and i moved into a new place and i was lying in bed, my wife was asleep and i thought i saw something move across the room against the wall and it really threw me for a loop cause my cat followed it also with his movements and he was sleeping on my stomach

i didnt feel any reason to fear or be scared

i actually just tossed it aside to being tired and my eyes adjusting to the night, mightve been coincidence my cat was following what i thought i might have seen

zej

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Thanks for your replies.
On 2 occasions these entites were seen in an almost pitch black room - one had a classic ghost look - shimmering light and translucent - looked similar to how you'd imagine a 19th century english chimney sweep boy, with cap and ragged clothes! Another there were two dark figures that quickly rambled off when I looked at them. Very little light in the room so can't imagine it was my eyes adjusting to light. Good point though.

Hallucination - obviously a contender but feels so real at the time - for instance the first occasion I remember waking from a sleep and seeing very clearly a very dark sillouhette of a person leaning over and fleeing as soon as I looked at it - I remember sitting up with the initial fright. Just very real and nothing like a regular dream or lucid dream.

The house is only 20 years old by the way so not much history - may have been something there before though who knows (not that I believe these things are actual ghosts as yet).

zej

top topics

join