It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesia hit by two massive quakes.. 5.1 and 6.8

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Seems like yet another set of quakes under an already stricken zone. Is this a sign possibly that the fault line under indonesia is getting more and more unstable ?

After the 2004 tuasanami and quake it seems like this area has grown more and more volatile.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
another just hit at 6.1 !

Well it seems like Indonesia is not going to get much sleep tonight if this keeps going. Could this lead to a mega quake or will it just rumble on till the fault settles ?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Can't find any news on damage as of yet. I pray it's minimal and that this doesn't turn into another huge disaster.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Yeah we havent picked that up yet......usually where I am we feel the Indonesian earthquakes. We probably wont be putting out a Tsunami warning either for this...not until Geoscience Australia confirms what strength it was anyway

www.ga.gov.au...

Will keep an eye out for reports coming in....we get them first

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Just checking the quake maps now..

Seems this is what I felt here in the Philippines at 2am my time..

I was only getting very gentle waves of it here but it went on for a good 15 minutes.. Must have been some aftershocks or both hit one after the other from what I felt..

hmm..i can only see the 5.1 on the map.. ah well, will keep my eyes open for further reports.

new topics

top topics

join