It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain-Clinton 08? What?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

A source of a law saying you can do something? Laws (generally) restrict what you can do, but, no, there is not a law that exists that restricts members of different parties running on the same ticket for the offices of the President and Vice President.

To go back to what you are saying (and I had said), this will never happen. I don't think generalizing it into republicans don't like change is an accurate description though. They both don't want that sort of radical change.

It would destroy the bread and butter of our current elected "representatives" (mis-representatives)... a two-party system. The illusion of choice.

The divide between Democrats and McCain isn't very broad, but hardcore conservatives hate the Clintons. McCain does have an appeal to some Democrats because of his more liberal stances, but the whole war thing really turns them off. It would suit him better to grab someone that is more conservative to get the base of the party more interested in him. Mitt Romney, maybe? I don't know... The Republicans don't have a lot of "mainstream" people to grab attention right now.

Along the same lines of what you were saying there is no reason for him to further divide himself from his Conservative base...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Happens to everyone, four years is longer than most people think!

As for what would happen if they ran together, let's just say it would make things... interesting.

<< 1   >>

join