It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army scientist: The sun is responsible for global warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Army scientist: The sun is responsible for global warming

thinkprogress.org

Dr. Bruce West, chief scientist of the Army Research Office’s mathematical and information science directorate, is arguing that global warming is “directly linked to…the short-term statistical fluctuations in the Sun’s irradiance and the longer-term solar cycles,”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I found this interesting. Many here on ATS support his theory as well. I am personally highly suspicious of any thing our government/armed forces have to say on the matter (like so many others). Still I thought many would appreciate seeing this, so here it is.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This is a tough call. On one hand, it's one more scientist speaking out against global warming, but on the other hand, it's coming from a source that we have a hard time believing can tell the whole truth. I'm going to have to look more into this before I can honestly believe that this isn't disinformation being disemminated from the military industrial complex.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
You'll know how correct he is if he still has his job after this is published and read more. He's a civilian in the employ of a government entity.
Zindo

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

100 percent accurate. Scientist are now saying that sunspots are what heat and cool the earth. They admit to there being no sunspots during the last little ice age.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
pole shifts
also

www.altarcheologie.nl.../cuba/Morien%20Institute%20-%20page%206%20high%20resolution.htm
i tend to believe anyone having to do with the government way lass often than separate objective opinion.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Oh good, we've discovered global warming isn't man-made.

Does that make it any less of an issue?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

i think it makes it more of an issue because the sun is something that we cant stop .

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Yes we can, although it would probably mean putting the entire human population into slave labour.

Personally, i'm at the stage where even if it was man-made, i don't think we'd be able to turn it around considering the way things are now, and how the rise in temperature is affecting certain sea-organisms.

Sod the prevention, go for the contingencies - at least that's something everyone can agree on, regardless of whether or not we're particularly fussed about 'saving the environment' or any of that tree-hugging bullcrap.

If we've still got some money left after we've built the bolt-holes, then that will be the money that needs to be spent on prevention.

If we do it the other way round, things are going to end up messy.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If you're a tree-hugger, don't worry - i don't mind the idea of protecting natural beauty.

But true beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironman433
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

i think it makes it more of an issue because the sun is something that we cant stop .

And the Kyoto accords want the U.S. to bankroll the measures it will take to clean up the environment. So yes if it is all caused by the sun we should not be a part of Al Gores dream of bankrupting this country.

The earth can take care of herself. Should the evil ones that cut down the rain forest of this world be allowed too. NO!!! Things like that have to stop. Like the World Bank for starters.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Damn sun always screwing up everything!!! Wish there was a way to blow it up and then everything would be great...

I thought for sure that just recently they said we were .ed for a mini ice age. When are people going to realize that the earth will do whatever it wants? If that mean killing all of human existance then I say oh well. It is pretty selfish to think that we can control the earth. This planet has wiped out thousands of species on its own with no help from the human race. As far as I am concerned we are just a small part of this ever changing world and one day in the blink of an eye we will be gone and something new will come after us.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
edit for double post. Dont know how that happened.

[edit on 6/3/2008 by JesterMan]

top topics

join