It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 the year the internet ends

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is serious stuff guys the isps are planning to make the internet into a tv like service where you have to pay for certain websites, this could be the downfall of abovetopsecret and the downfall of the only reliable source of information we have left.

www.youtube.com...

they must be stopped all is becoming clear now.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Starred and flagged

Good post, I saw their previous one from a friend of mine from college via myspace. This needs to be stopped.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Don't Mess With my Internets, i would hit the streets in rage NWO can chip away at my liberty but destroy the last hope for man kind i would really cry.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
the world ends then anyway so who cares hahahahaha

honestly, itd get more people outdoors or actually reading books again

not a bad idea

maybe US obesity would go down?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The internet is already out of the bag. If it is shutdown or handicapped, someone else will recreate it in another form.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

Exactly. Even if all the big isp's get together how would they stop competitors from offering an all access deal?? Seems like a big gamble for big companies to go belly up if their plan doesn't work!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Being in Telecoms, I am interested in this. However, I do want (and I am currently unable to) to wacth a Youtube video. Can someone find another source or summarise what is being discussed?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Like the OP said.. All big isps come together to offer the internet in "packages" similar to TV. The side effect is most people would choose the cheaper packages, thus hurting the "little guy," whos website relies primarily on internet advertising for money.

Unfettered access = more entertainment and protection from large corporations.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

If sold as packages, akin to TV subscriptions, then I fail to see how the little guy would be hurt. In TV for example I pay £21 a month for a Sky subscription, yet I am still inundated from all channels, except BBC ones, with advertising. This would be the same model, I assume. Websites might prefer to be in a particular channel tiering, yet they would still have their own advertising as well.

I also don't buy the fact people will always go for the cheapest. it depends on what you want. For example, before I moved in with my missus, I had a 20Mb/s broadband from Virgin costing me £40/month. I could have had broadband ALOT cheaper than that, but I wanted the fastest available with no monthly limits.

Alot of other people in the UK do the same. I could have broadband for as little as £12/month or pay £25/month and get my TV and phone lumped in as well, yet I chose not too as I wanted a reliable, fast cable connection not some #ty ADSL rubbish that most telco's offer.

I was hoping someone could give me a link to an actual article outlining the plans though, that's what i was after. I got the initial premise but cannot watch YouTube at work unfortunately and I wanted more detail.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I was hoping someone could give me a link to an actual article outlining the plans though, that's what i was after.

The people in the video seem to run this "i power" website. They claim Time Magazine will soon come out with an article on this issue.

Dylan Pattyn *, who is currently writing an article for Time Magazine on the issue, has official confirmation from sources within Bell Canada and is interviewing a marketing representative from TELUS who confirms the story and states that TELUS has already started blocking all websites that aren't in the subscription package for mobile Internet access. They could not confirm whether it would happen in 2012 because both stated it may actually happen sooner (as early as 2010).

ipower-Netneutrality

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I just wrote my rep. for Ohio. I think everyone should. It's easy. all you do is Google 'contact my local representative.' If anything it will show we are aware, and we are willing to do what it takes to stop it.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Ok, the internets not my life, but it is part of it. I would do anything within my power to stop this happeing.But thats the problem.I dont have much power to defeat something like this.so what can we do, except wait for this to happen?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
their called paysites. theri doing it now. so what?

there is always telnet and it has movies

go to start and run then copy paste-
telnet:towel.blinkenlights.nl

always amusing i would have to say

new topics

top topics

join