It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evp's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
has any one every got a evp? i have got one on a camcorder tape when put through a filter and cleand up it seems to say "what do you want" ive done tests to see if it was a noise on the mic ect..... the evp seem to be in a rythmic speech patten.the evp came straight after a question(well 5/10 secounds) so it dose fit into the evp aera
evps could just be radios,cbs, ect......or could even be you or the other people's voice's going on to the tape through telelapathy...
what do you think?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Forgive my ignorance but what is an EVP?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Electronic voice phenomena

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
It's been a few years, but I used to go ghost-hunting at local cemeteries. I believe I captured a few EVPs. They seem to be direct responses to questions that I asked. Here are some examples:

Question: "Are there any spirits present tonight?"
EVP: "Some of us."

Question: "If there are any spirits present, could you show us a sign?"
EVP: "Boo."

There was some interference at one point with my Gauss Meter. I mentioned that I was having problems with the meter. A child's giggle was heard directly before my comment.

I'm not sure what leaves this imprint on audio recordings, but I am a believer in electronic voice phenomena.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
yes i belive it is real,but....... if it comes from dead people is another matter.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The problem with EVPs is that one person says what he hears and everyone else then hears it too. What needs to be done more often is an experiment where everyone records what they hear before they make their interpretation public. Unless the EVP is unmistakably clear, I think you will have many different phrases having been heard.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
your spot on there.... no good saying to sum one this says this...
what you think? coz uve already put the idea in there head.do as you say

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
There are so many clear evp's that respond to questions, that even if a small % where legit it would still be very impressive.

I've always thought evps were some of the best evidence for the paranormal.............the ghost hunters have had a lot of good ones and I find them to be pretty much credible

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_uk
Forgive my ignorance but what is an EVP?

EVP is the phenomenon that if you record hours upon hours of "White Noise", that being static on broadcasting channels, you'll, with aid of manipulating the file or recording, get something that might sound like a human voice saying something.

Highely debatable, but sometimes it does seem to have something too it.

I tryed making an EVP thread about EVPs being ETs rather then Ghosts.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
you dont need white noise tho to do evps

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

Considering how direct the evidence for EVPs would be (ie a person saying something), it's very strange that none have ever been recorded in a controlled environment. None.

It's so easy to fool a cheap microphone, and it's so easy to fool the human ear. Couple those together, and it's no wonder people hear all sorts of things. If someone could get a clear EVP using fantastic equipment, then that would be a start. But that's not happened yet, either.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
Considering how direct the evidence for EVPs would be (ie a person saying something), it's very strange that none have ever been recorded in a controlled environment. None.

Could you define cotrolled environment for us?

And to the OP, you don't still have those evps do you? It would be great if you could put them up.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a good test would be to a evp test in a faraday cage

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

This is to test the hypothesis that a ghost can participate in a question-and-answer session with a human investigator. It doesn't test for whether ghosts are regularly chatting away incoherently, or if they will answer questions (truthfully or otherwise).

Put an anechoic chamber in a building reputed to be haunted. In the anechoic chamber goes the equipment: quality microphones recording directly (and uncompressed) to a digital storage medium at 192KHz (at least). Study the building over a period of time (say, two weeks), without performing any questioning sessions (or, indeed, having anyone in the building). Then, once the normal audio characteristics of the building are well established, the test can begin. Put two persons in the anechoic chamber, and have them perform a questioning session, using the aforementioned equipment. Then, peform the same initial two-week study again, to make sure the original recordings were indeed an accurate representation of the building. If they are not, then the test has to be aborted. If they are, however, the test continues. Take the evidence, and play it to a large selection of people, having them record times and phrases. Some of the people will just be played white noise or other sounds that contain no EVP work (these people will be the control). The key is to make them do this on their own, in guaranteed-sound-proof rooms. Then, simply collate the returns from those people, and see if there are any correlated responses to the questions asked on the tape. If none are found, it most certainly wasn't working. If some are found, then congratulations - the existence of EVP has just become a bit more concrete. The tests will obviously have to be repeated many times to gain more credibility and scientific accuracy.

Does that sound OK?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

You'd have to know the wavelengths of the electromagnetic radiation you intend to block, so you can configure the faraday cage to effectively block it. Otherwise the EM radiation will simply pass through (which is why you can see through a faraday, even though light is EM radiation).

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Sounds ok.

No matter what the results of such a test could be, there will be those who argue both for and against them. There probably isn't ever going to be a clear cut yes or no answer.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

Exactly - which is why you repeat the test multiple times, listening to the concerns of those who both agree with the findings and those who don't, addressing them in updates to the experiment design. Eventually you'll have an experiment both sides agree on, and findings. Lots and lots of findings. Then, and only then, a new scientific theory is born

new topics

top topics

join