It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

im sick of skeptics, and most of you!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Lets see if I understand you right.

You became a member of a BBS to discuss UFOs and UFO related experiences with people with similar views and opinions.

You are disgusted that people who disagree with your views and opinions are allowed to post their contradictory views and opinions.

Yet you yourself have contradictory views and opinions on several topics, namely the ones you listed. According to you they are baloney.

You then go on to imply that people who dont agree with the discussions that are started should not even be on this site. Specifically you mention nirbu, new world orders and anti-semitism as being topics you dont agree with.

Now lets see if I can counter some of your arguments. But, since I'm disagreeing with your opinion, I shouldnt be here ... well, I've never let that stop me before.

ATS is about alot more than UFOs. There are many separate forums covering every possible 'alternate idea', If your focus was UFOs, then there would be no reason for you to even be concerned about NWO or nirbu or anti-semitism. Of course that UFOs may be carrying jewish space aliens from the planet nirbu determined to unite the world under one government may end up being the actual truth, but since you dont like hearing about fearsome greys from nirbu instituting a new world order ... I guess we shouldnt discuss that possibility.

Bottom line is you sound more than just a bit foolish. The underlying point I'm getting from your post is "I dont want to hear about anything I dont want to hear about, so shut it."

Deny Ignorance, sir. The better informed you are about a variety of subjects, the better equipped you will be when you realize the fearsome jewish greys from nirbu are coming here to mutilate our cows, peek in our windows and institute a new world order, all while playing the piano in the kitchen.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by elibubbles

You may be sick of us but we appreciate you and every other member of ATS.

It's not for us (staff) to decide what is silly or reasonable. Obviously we don't allow hoaxes but closing down discussions because a single person doesn't subscribe to the content is not a very fair system. Look at this quote by you in a thread you started last month:

Originally posted by elibubbles
please help me
ive just had a conversation to my friend on the fone relating everything i know about aliens,theres way too much to go into right here,
however i have just had my shoes which were at the other end of the room by the door fly across the room with a loud crash. i am scared out of my wits this is the second time something like this has happened in the last week, both times when i was talking about what i know about aliens.

From here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Should I close down your thread because I think it's ridiculous that a ghost or alien threw your shoes across your room?

Who am I to say what happened in your room? Shouldn't you have the right to discuss it here on ATS?

Get my point?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

While I understand what you're trying to convey you must consider one important thing. That which is important to you might not be important to someone else and vice versa. Who determines what is truly important?
I've seen some threads here that I thought were absolutely worthless and stupid BUT the people posting in them thought they were the most important topic ever. Meh, I can't decide for them nor they I. I look...scan...if it's not of consequence to me I move on.
Also, skepticism has it's place regarding any topic. Otherwise you end up with a lot of "oh that's amazing" "oh that makes sense" (with no critical thought). Most people are conditional skeptics depending on the claim and the topic.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by mysterychicken]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Just a thought.

If you don't like the content you see, add the content you like.

I think we all agree there are some questionable threads here. A lot of that comes from people wanting to amass points, thread, flags, and maybe a little cash as well. Nothing wrong with any of that except, and until, that becomes the overriding concern of posting.

Sorry to hear you quit ATS. It is a wonderful community.

Please read my new thread before you leave. I need a level head to give me some advice. Its called 'How Ghost Aliens from Niribu changed My Dog into a Four-legged Chicken.'

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Im sick of skeptics and most of you!

you disgust me!

absolutly disgust me

and to show how dumb you people are,

Does...t-that m-mean you dont like us anymore?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Deny Ignorance, sir. The better informed you are about a variety of subjects, the better equipped you will be when you realize the fearsome jewish greys from nirbu are coming here to mutilate our cows, peek in our windows and institute a new world order, all while playing the piano in the kitchen.

MODERATORS

BAN THIS SEMITIC PIECE OF GARBAGE
HOW DARE YOU REFER TO JEWISH PEOPLE LIKE THAT HOW DARE YOU!
HAVE YOU EVER MET A JEWISH PERSON
THEY ARE THE WARMEST FRIENDLIEST MOST TOLERANT PEOPLE IN THE WORLD
YOU ANTI SEMITIC [SNIP] IM REPORTING THIS WEBSITE FOR ANTI SEMITISM!
IF YOU MODERATORS DONT REMOVE THAT GUYS POST IM REPORTING IT

Um....I think you are taking this way too seriously. I'm part Jewish and don't take offence to an obvious attempt at humor. There is nothing antisemitic about it. I think you are just angry and are looking to find fault in anything or anyone who doesn't agree with you or share your thoughts.

Get off your high horse, relax and get real. Stop pretending you are better than everyone else here at ATS............you're making yourself look like an a$$ and like one of the people you hate sooooo much.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Oh and you clearly violated the forums rule on "all Caps" writing.

Mod Edit: Profanity Removed.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Wow, you sound like my ex-wife.

Judaism is a religion. It can be practiced by anyone. They can be from Denmark, Cambodia, New Zeland or Nibru. Practicioners of this religion are referred to as Jewish. Therefore if an alien from nibru were to practice Judiasm, he would in fact be jewish.

Make up your mind, am I a "SEMITIC PIECE OF GARBAGE" or am I an "ANTI SEMITIC [snip]" ? I dont think its possible to be both.

Further, I'm relatively sure calling me a [snip] (Who uses that term anyway??) you are violating the T&C. You may want to check that out.

A quote from en.wikipedia.org...

What makes a person Jewish?
Main article: Who is a Jew?
According to traditional Jewish Law, a Jew is anyone born of a Jewish mother or converted to Judaism in accord with Jewish Law. American Reform Judaism and British Liberal Judaism accept the child of one Jewish parent (father or mother) as Jewish if the parents raise the child with a Jewish identity. All mainstream forms of Judaism today are open to sincere converts. The conversion process is evaluated by an authority, and the convert is examined on his sincerity and knowledge.[11]

Traditional Judaism maintains that a Jew, whether by birth or conversion, is a Jew forever. Thus a Jew who claims to be an atheist or converts to another religion is still considered by traditional Judaism to be Jewish. However, the Reform movement maintains that a Jew who has converted to another religion is no longer a Jew,[12][13] and the Israeli Government has also taken that stance after Supreme Court cases and statutes.[14]

The question of what determines Jewish identity in the State of Israel was given new impetus when, in the 1950s, David Ben-Gurion requested opinions on mihu Yehudi ("who is a Jew") from Jewish religious authorities and intellectuals worldwide in order to settle citizenship questions. This is far from settled, and occasionally resurfaces in Israeli politics

Mod Edit: Large Quote Removed. Use the Reply To feature instead
ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote

[edit on 6-3-2008 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Coshy

I liked it. I thought it was funny.....I do appreciate good humor in tense situations like this. It helps to calm people down.....sometimes.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

OP, generally speaking... anger, unhappiness or discontentment of some type - will never be met with a positive response. Ever.

Whether you're right or wrong in your opinions and views, is largely irrelevant for the most part... because negativity is always seen as weakness and an invitation for people to judge and bash you, there are no exceptions.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anything you've said, only pointing out that your approach is self-destructive and little else. I'm not judging, merely speaking from experience. When you've been chewed up and spit out as much as I've been, you eventually learn how to keep a lid on your private thoughts and feelings.

Self-control, grasshopper. Embrace it.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
elibubbles,

The statement from coshy was meant to be funny based on examples you brought up as being crazy.

Relax a bit... you might find that you'll enjoy ATS more if you chill out.

[edit on 6/3/2008 by Djarums]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Iam going to agree with what has been said before me.
Chill out.
#1, you are taking things way to seriously, and perhaps if we all lived in a utopian world, ATS would be just right for everyone, and there were never be complaints.
I'm sure the Mods would relish that day.
I find it curious that you only pointed out what you didn't like.
There must have been lots of threads that you found informative, and enjoyed reading.
There are many that feel the same as you do, BUT, if a thread doesn't interest you..Don't read it.
It is interesting to others.
Who should be the judge of that?
Are you sure you weren't just having a bad day?
Seriously, if you still feel the same way, and we are all just stupid to you..
Well then..
Don't let the proverbial door hit you in the ass on your way out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join