It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

im sick of skeptics, and most of you!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
i joined this website originally to join the ever growing community of ufo enthusiasts as i myself am a firm believer and have had experiences..
yet over the last couple of weeks im appaled by the baloney i see on this website

threads such as `ghost playing piano in my room` linked to an awful fake video, threads such as `zionism will die` scuse me.. racism hello?
threads such as `911 was a jew conspiracy` scuse me.. anti semitism
threads such as `what scares you about the greys`
threads such as `ive found a new planet yeh rite`... theres a lot more i can go on about theres countless stupid threads that only a deranged child would make yet somehow they make it onto the ats board.

every time some1 starts a legitimate ufo discussion all the stupid skeptics who shouldnt even BE ON THIS WEBSITE (AS ITS AN ALTERNATIVE WEBSITE FOR ALTERNATIVE IDEAS) automatically hammer the poster make jokes, fake videos etc....

this disgusts me

im sick of your stupid nibru this nibru that, im sick of your new world orders, im sick of the anti semitism on here, im sick of people having `ghosts playing pianos in their kitchens`

is it any wonder why the media are skeptic of paranomal/ufo/conspriacy theories... take a look at yourselves and this website!!!

you disgust me!

absolutly disgust me

and to show how dumb you people are, the reply ill get will be with relevance to my typing, or to how i `contradict myself` but with NO RELEVANCE TO THE POINTS MADE.. which prooves my point!

with regards to my membership... I QUIT!!!

[edit on 3-6-2008 by elibubbles]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
im in complete agreement... but I have to stick around for a bit, im not done yet..

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
You've missed the entire point of this website. You seem to want a place where you can post whatever you want and everyone is just going to pat you on the back and nod their head. If your evidence and ideas can't stand up to scrutiny then they are worthless to the cause. Be an adult and back up your claims.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
You've missed the entire point of this website. You seem to want a place where you can post whatever you want and everyone is just going to pat you on the back and nod their head. If your evidence and ideas can't stand up to scrutiny then they are worthless to the cause. Be an adult and back up your claims.

and youve avoided the main point of my thread and the anger which i was expressing to stupid topics!!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You totally missed the point then of ATS.

I am a newbie here, and i can tell you i have been educated more since joining on esotoric topics than i could ever of hope for.

I have an open mind, but some ideas are even for me too far out and strange that i will question it and try to gain an understanding.

I feel that this isn't a glorious group hug site, but an educational experience where one can grow in knowledge and understanding.

Don't come here expecting people to believe you or not ask questions, the world itself is not like that so why expect ATS to be so ?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by elibubbles

Oh well, either get over it and stop your whining or move on. Simple really. So I guess this should be your last thread right?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Some would call this a stupid topic. Some people are so open minded that their brain falls out.

What can you do to create a thread that is so amazing thought out, and the ideas so compelling that others are enrolled in the idea?

You can get pissed off, and be disgusted. Go ahead, that's on you. See if it hurts anyone. You can get your feelings hurt, and post a thread about it and let everyone know how you feels.

In my experience it gets you no where. Cowboy up, or shut up is what I say.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I agree with Dan Tanna here...you have missed the point of ATS.

This is not a place to come and post whatever you wish and have everyone rally around you. This is a place where the majority of members stick to the ATS motto, "Deny Ignorance". And we do.

Of course there are always going to be silly threads and nonsense topics here, but that's life.

So if this is really your attitude about ATS then I can only offer you this piece of advice...

Good Riddance.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Shouldn't this be in the rant section?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I agree with you that it is against net etiquette to call another’s posting style, grammar and spelling into question. It's also true that if you want to be taken seriously, presentation matters. This is a fact of life, here and in the "real world".

Part of engaging in dialogue with others is taking the wheat, with the chaff. Meaning, if your looking for a site like ATS, you should accept the reality (right or wrong) that some circus acts do happen.

Let me offer some constructive criticism: it doesn't help your cause to engage in the kind of posting you are taking an issue with. If you think ATS (a free community BTW) is missing the mark with it's user-generated content.........improve your game and by extension, ours.

Don't go away, as I am sure you have some informative, thought-provoking ideas we would all benifit from.

I look forward to reading your future posts!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I know how you feel to a certain degree. It seems like alot of the times, when someone makes a thread announcing an idea, it often gets torn to shreds. Alot of us are quick to call bullsh*t on others and some are worse about it than others. I think alot of this has to do with the misinterpretation of reading a "tone" rather than hearing it from that person's mouth themselves. I know I am guilty of this alot and I try to realize when I am doing it. I think this situation would be different if people were talking face to face. Its easy to be rude and cynical through a computer screen. But we are all human and make mistakes. Some of us admit them and some don't. There are often times I will make a post and it will get shredded by the opposition. It will make me feel discouraged into even responding to the post anymore. But I will give it a day to marinate on my brain, go back into the thread and look at it from their perspective...and sometimes you say, hey, they were right. You must be able to see fault in yourself as well as others. The solution is not to quit, on the contrary, the solution is to find out the mistake you made and not make it again. But we are all only human and we all make mistakes.

Here is something dbates told me recently that I thought about long and hard and I suggest you think about it too:

Lastly, don't be down on yourself if some disagree or no one responds. Just because you don't get comments that say "Right on! Flagged and Starred" doesn't mean that you didn't make a great contribution to the discussion or that [others] might not be mulling over your thoughts. You have to be able to put your thoughts out there and just let them go. Believed or not they require the reader to understand and process the ideas mentioned. Look at the words of this [person] . They obviously made an impact even if you disagree completely with [them]. Solid contributions to the topic are always seen and remembered no matter what side they lay on.

Who wants an easy opposing view anyway? Steel isn't sharpened by going through butter. It gets sharper when you run it against another tough object. Of course that requires that the steel be at the proper angle or attitude when it hits the opposition.

I hope you decide to stay.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Eli, you must remember that this place is HUGE.
It attracts all types with many beliefs (agendas??).
There will always be threads started by people who seek attention, look to deceive, or just flat out hoax, it is part of the whole experience here.
Think of it as panning for gold. We are all looking for that one nugget that makes it all worth it. In the process we will encounter all kinds of garbage, we need to remember that the garbage is part of the whole and we just need to scrutinize things that shine for us. There will be times when what we think is real turns out to be less than that, but why do we get so frustrated?

I pass over threads that may aggravate me and scroll down for a better topic.
It eludes me as to why some join threads to call names and derail. If you add your disagreement and are not satisfied with the debate, leave. There is no need to stick around and post more of the same. But like I said before, it all is part of the process of finding some truth.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
for the love of christ!!

will sum1 please justify threads about `ghosts playing pianos` and `ive found a new planet` (aka a lampost in your garden) and `real live alien released video` (clear and proven fake on youtbe of a puppet in a hallway

give me a break!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I can see your point but what you have to remember about ATS is that for the most part we are a critical people. We want some kind of proof to go with the pictures/video being posted to try and cut down on the hoaxers. This is a great way to try and validate the truth of what is talked about and be seen as more than just crackpots and nuts.

Sure there are a lot of stupid posts but I think you are focusing on only the negative. On the same hand, there are a lot of great posts with some kind of scientific debate as to get to the truth. This is a healthy way to go about it, like a scientific process of elimination. There are good people here that work hard, taking time out of their lives to bring us some kind of scientific explanation to things here.

You want to quit? Ok, that is your choice and your freedom to do so but before you do, have an open mind and look for the good on this site. Guys like Mike Sing and Internos have put a lot of time and energy into the things/proof they post and work hard at bringing the truth out for all to see as well as offer different ways of looking at something.

No, you shouldn't take everything as the true word, but the same is to be said about a lot of things in life. Its up to you to decide what you believe or not.

The ATS forum gives us the opportunity to post information/data/stories. Its up to the individuals to decide what to do with it in their own minds and hearts.

This is a conspiracy/alternative thinking web site.....the "BS" you mention is part of what this forum is about. I believe they also BAN people for purposely hoaxing so at least they are trying.

In the end its your choice quit or not. Its too bad you feel the way you do but you are entitled to how you feel and no one has the right to tell you you are wrong.

Take care, I hope you find a place more suited to your tastes.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
sorry that you feel that way. i actually am having the opposite experience. i would find it comforting if only 1 person were awake to the things i am awake to. better than being the only one to "see" these things going on. as far as the skeptics, i have said this before, but i find them refreshing in the sense that it is always good to have ying to the yang; keeps me in check and/or it helps in refining the way i look at things.

guess it is all in your perspective AND your attitude!! ~peace

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by elibubbles
and youve avoided the main point of my thread and the anger which i was expressing to stupid topics!!!!

I addressed your statement that skeptics don't belong here, which is what struck me as the most ridiculous part. The rest of your rant is just a bunch of whining and didn't seem to require a response. I'll give you one if that's what you'd like though.

You need to take the good with the bad as far as ATS is concerned. I've recommended this site to dozens of people and my standard quote is "You kind of have to weed through the garbage because a good bit of it is laughable. BUT, there's good information once you learn how to find it and there's no better source for current events." You just need to learn to deal with it like everybody else does. You may be used to "your way, right away", but this isn't burger king it's ATS.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
Eli, you must remember that this place is HUGE.
It attracts all types with many beliefs (agendas??).
There will always be threads started by people who seek attention, look to deceive, or just flat out hoax, it is part of the whole experience here.
Think of it as panning for gold. We are all looking for that one nugget that makes it all worth it. In the process we will encounter all kinds of garbage, we need to remember that the garbage is part of the whole and we just need to scrutinize things that shine for us. There will be times when what we think is real turns out to be less than that, but why do we get so frustrated?

I pass over threads that may aggravate me and scroll down for a better topic.
It eludes me as to why some join threads to call names and derail. If you add your disagreement and are not satisfied with the debate, leave. There is no need to stick around and post more of the same. But like I said before, it all is part of the process of finding some truth.

most sensible mature answer ive read on here in 3 weeks
thanks

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Healthy skepticism is needed at ATS, there is so much BS out there are minds must examine the information and filter out the BS.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

all the stupid skeptics who shouldnt even BE ON THIS WEBSITE (AS ITS AN ALTERNATIVE WEBSITE FOR ALTERNATIVE IDEAS)
[edit on 3-6-2008 by elibubbles]

I don't care about the rest of your points. Some I agree with, some I don't. That's the way of life.

However, the point I quoted is the one I want to address. ATS needs those of us who are skeptics. People such as yourself who want others to believe in what you're saying need to be able to convince us. If you can't even do that, how are you going to convince those who don't even have a passing interest in conspiracy theories?

With us here questioning your evidence, you can, if you choose, use what we point out to examine your position, and either hone it until it convinces us of your views, or convinces you that you are wrong.

Instead you just rant and pitch a fit because we're here.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

will sum1 please justify threads about `ghosts playing pianos` and `ive found a new planet` (aka a lampost in your garden) and `real live alien released video` (clear and proven fake on youtbe of a puppet in a hallway

You know what, I'd like to see some justification on this as well. Oh...and at the same time, could you justify threads like "im sick of skeptics, and most of you" as well?

I'd also like to see justification on how anyone who types "someone" as "sum1" can gripe about anything being ridiculous.

give me a break!

We think a lot alike.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join