It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Explosion Suspected at Epicenter of the Sichuan Earthquake

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Wu Xiaoqing, vice-environment minister, said that 50 sources of hazardous radioactivity have been discovered so far in quake-affected areas. He did not elaborate on the total number of radioactive sources in these regions.

"The situation is under control, and there have been no signs of radioactive leaks," Wu said at another briefing.

"Thirty-five of the radiation sources have been recovered, and the locations of another 15 have been confirmed."

Three of the 15 sources were buried under rubble, while the other 12 were in buildings still too dangerous for technicians to enter, he said.

"We have asked the local government to inform us when they clean up the rubble."

Wu also said all nuclear facilities in Sichuan had undergone "careful monitoring and inspection".

[edit on 4-6-2008 by haidian]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
archive.newsmax.com...
And many more...
(Also, thanks to whoever kept that bunny thing from ranting about how sloppy posts are good.)

I think this was a deal between China and US. This is a new age of warfare. No open hostilities. Totally dependent on resource/population management. Like cattle. Put up fences. Buy products and manufacturing power to destroy them like in any large market. In this case, people power!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
Like ive already said a few times in this thread, it was 100 percent absolutely NOT A NUCLEAR EVENT! I can't say any more on how I know that, but you're just gonna have to take my word for it.

I know how you feel. I totally agree with you, the signatures are completely different and there has been no increase of radioactive material in the area. At my work we are part of the International Monitoring System for the Test Ban Treaty network which covers the entire world (including China), there is no record of any nuclear explosion from any of the seismic stations.

[edit on 4/6/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Sorry, but that's incorrect - I posed the question of if it could be.

But because you work in a seismic station you seem to have taken it as personal that the subject is even discussed - no-one is omnipotent, and nor is any organisation.

There is so very much that we are not told about every event that happens in the world.

The only way to explore possibilities is to discuss them as possibilities - at no time did I portray this event as a probability, and frankly, I find your post both innacurate in what you said about me, and also insulting.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I thought 'they' could tell if a nuke went off due to EM pulse as well?

One thing that may have occurred (dons conspiracy hat) is that the Chinese either set off the earthquake or had sensors in underground bases which detected a probable earthquake and detonated nuclear devices as part of a mass test to cover up illegal testing - hence the large amount of radiation etc.

Just my two cents

[edit on 4-6-2008 by GhostR1der]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

starred.

Guess the propaganda machines are running full time again and it works on more and more people.

P.s. Unusual animal/insect behavior days before the Earthquake is another reason that this can not be man-made. Especialy when worldwide no abnormal seismic and signs can be detected days before.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

As a leading member of the Western governmental propaganda machine, I can assure you we had nothing to do with this. The idea of a nuclear blast is absurd for several reasons given in the thread. I'm sure several conspiracies theories exist among the population of China without the approval of the Chinese government's propaganda machine. As one propagandist to another, I promise this was not our doing.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
Very possible.

I'll find out the link to an article where the Chinese asked the Americans to send over there 'radiation detecting' aircraft and / or satellites.

Reports of a huge ligting of the ground and then a sudden collapse tends to lean towards an underground nuclear accident / accidental device detonation.

Hmm, the first thing that struck me was that the area isn't near to any major fault-lines. Food for thought...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

No problem, as a honarary almuni of the PRC Intelligence & Public Relation Academy, stationed at the conspiracy twilight zone ATS forum, I can also assure you that we know that the Western governmental propaganda machine has not much to do with this allegation (aka propaganda) that our beloved CCP and honoured PLA have something to do with a 8.0 Earthquake with a nucleaar disaster. After careful examination we have come to conclusion that this conspiracy theory is the work of the Falun Gong sponsored anti-China propaganda machines running over-time and being promoted and freely spread by volunteering naive delusional paranoid conspiracy theorists.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I will immediately send out an internal memo. I look forward to resuming a battle for hearts and minds after a suitable period of time has elapsed to enable your country to recover from this terrible tragedy. Best wishes to the "Reds".

Ever your humble fascist,
Del

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by vox2442

You have obviously taken a lot of time and effort to write those 2 posts, the main focus of which is that the websites are anti-chinese and are engaged in anti-chinese propaganda.

Take a look at the original post. I don't mention the background of the 2 main news agencies until point number 9. Hardly the main focus.

The main focus is that (a) there is no physical evidence to prove the point of the article, in the form of (i) seismological data or (ii) air quality data. (b) the article does not mention specifics of any kind. (c) there is a plausible explanation for the debris field that does not involve a nuclear facility being squeezed out through the top of a mountain like toothpaste from a tube.

Would you care to share with us your reasons for your assertion that the sites in question are well known for their anti-chinese propaganda?

www.google.com Do a bit of background work. This stuff is hardly a secret. Epoch times lost all credibility as a source a couple of years ago when their reporter started heckling the Chinese president as a Bush press conference. Ring any bells?

Would you also like to provide us with expert seismological evidence that says that an earthquake could not be confused with a nuclear detonation and/or accident if the 2 events happened closely enough together?

Examples of both were posted earlier in this thread.

You see my problem goes along with the old saying: "methinks the man doth protest too much" and I find myself wondering why, especially in the light of your baseless accusations of anti-chinese propaganda.

And what exactly is that supposed to mean?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Long time reader first time poster from NZ I think that maybe they were working on a nuclear device e.g putting together or taking apart a bomb and when the earthquake hit something was dropped and that caused a chain reaction, hence the explosion of concrete from the mountain the concrete could of been there to stop the leak of radiation in the first place.

Our country has just signed a free trade deal with china i hope where not seen as a threat now. Seeing that we gave the middle finger to the US and there nuclear policies, although that was a long time ago.

I want to see Australia as the next target. Hopefully that'll stop all the people leaving nz to move to Australia sorry my rant for the day.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Of course some people actually believe that HAARP may have been involved in the quake, which targeted an area with a nuclear facility, as happened in Japan. Check out Benjamin Fulford's incredible story. If that was the case, then a nuclear accident could easily have occurred.

link   
reply to post by _Del_

This grace period is very welcomed and well appreciated, this is why Western Empirialists are always well respected over here. I will instruct my fellow pawns to only focus on protecting and defending ourselves from extremists and fundamentalist terrorists, untill we have fully recovered from this unbelievable tragedy.

Ever your peaceful commie,
Ichi

P.s. Your best wishes are passed on to the collective central mind of inter-connected 1.4 billion souls with our latest mind and soul-controlling techniques. Thank you.

link   

Being the CIA, MSM apologist agent possing as a candle maker I can assure all here in this thread that IT WAS AN EARTHQUAKE.

Hey Ichi..do you go to bed at night and think back on the things you read here and find yourself laughing yourself to sleep?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
looks like HAARP was used to destroy a nuclear research facility.
a shot across the bow.

truth exists at the center of the onion. you keep peeling away layers of truth until there is nothing left, and that's the truth: nothing.

the mock propagandist discourse is rather sickening. the only reason you two can share that 'joke' is because there is truth to it. perhaps, one or both of you ARE internet 'persuaders', or perhaps neither. the sad thing is, you are both well aware of the fact that propoganda has gone personal with the advent of the internet. you don't read it in a mass produced paper, or see/hear it on a broadcast. now, you also discuss the validity with persons unknown, who may convince you that what you are thinking is wrong for one reason or other. often non-sequitor 'bait and switch' reasons that leave core questions buried under preconceived notions.

"IGNORE the raditation, because it was not a nuclear detonation! therefore it WAS a NATURAL quake! just remember to IGNORE the radiation!"

peel away, onion lover's. those rainbow clouds make my eyes water.
the larouche video was good. very sequitor. res ipsa loquitor.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
"IGNORE the raditation, because it was not a nuclear detonation! therefore it WAS a NATURAL quake! just remember to IGNORE the radiation!"

Or perhaps the radiation sources which were lost came from hospitals and factories, which use radioactive material for perfectly everyday things like chemotherapy, x-rays, and so forth.

An official at a French nuclear watchdog who has seen reports from the Chinese nuclear safety agency said materials found in the rubble appeared to come from hospitals, factories or laboratories and were not for used for making nuclear fuel or weapons.

"It doesn't shock me that there would be radioactive items found," particularly hospital equipment, said Thierry Charles, director of plant safety at the French Institute for Radiological Protection and Nuclear Safety.

An unknown number of hospitals were damaged or destroyed in the earthquake. The Sichuan province health department listed 489 major hospitals in areas that were hardest hit.

Link.

More:
Global Monitor Finds No Radioactive Leaks in Quake Zone

Many more here...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
You guys are freakin' me out, man!!
Swallowing colors of the sounds I hear.

Anyway, I guess the Chinese are fully capable of handling this themselves, I just think that they wouldn't undertake such a massive use of force without first alerting Western powers, lest we misinterpret the inent.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by billybob

My apologies if you feel offended, I'm very sorry, really not meant too...

You have to believe me, I am a kind person by nature, it is just that this is how they have trained me

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008

Hey Ichi..do you go to bed at night and think back on the things you read here and find yourself laughing yourself to sleep?

Not so much laughing
More like having to take my anti-depressivity and anti-delusional pills after my daily portion of conspiracy theories posts on the net, so these pills will usually knock me out in a few seconds

Seriously, it is just sad and how far fetched some ideas can go, and especially by people who proclaim themselves denying ignorance, yet the next second you find out that they did not even spend the time on digging up evidences and doing due diligence by themselves. Take the radiation issue for example, it is like hearing the magic word "radiation", wow, it must be a nuclear accident/attack!" And this becomes a "valid theory" because an online publisher has published a "well researched" article on the ever-growing Internet. Yet, people neglect to listen and take a look behind the scenes and ask simple questions as.
"What is the background of this publisher?"
"Who is the author of this reporter?"
"Are the references provided referring the provided evidence to other credible sources?"
"Why this Epoch Times is called a anti-China propaganda 'free media' vehicle for the Falun Gong?"
"What could cause radiations leakages?"
"Is these 50 (initially found leakages) proportionally normal for the affected area of like a medium sized European country?"
"Why the Chinese media would report these 'radiations' and not simply cover it up?"
And I can continue coming up with moe skeptical questions. The really sad part of this all, is that most likely when I seriously address this whole topic, it will be waived off as disinformation

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join