It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Explosion Suspected at Epicenter of the Sichuan Earthquake

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Well I have a thread on here describing some of the physical action of the earthquake including shifting up and down by feet per second and a total shift of over 5 feet during the entire quake.

That could account for a lot. Other than as I said some localized trembling nukes have never had an effect like that.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Grover,
im not arguing about how sever that quake was and that it was a major event, I am just puzzled at the plea for help with locating radioactive materials from china to the USA, and the fact that a nuclear weapons production facility is right in amongst that area.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I was on "Vacation" at Chengdu, having lunch when the quake happened.

would the radioactivity be dangerous even at Chengdu? 92 km from the epicenter, it was a horrible experience that i'll never forget though.

hypothetically speaking, if a nuclear blast did cause the earthquake. Would i suffer from the effects of radiation?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Wouldn't of thought so unless you spent alot time time upwind and drank and ate contaminated food.

I say you have a 99.9999999999999999 % chance of being all ok. (bearing in mind my nuclear knowledge is limited to armed forces training and procedures NOT nuclear physics)

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
we were supposed to leave a day after the earthquake, but our flight back home got delayed for 4 days.

lol, what a scary thought.

it was also quite interesting as well, as i was able to know how my family would react in apocalyptic scenarios. haha.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Chosen]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
must of been some thing to see ! dammit rather you than me though in a country like China.

Glad you and your family are all ok though.

Got any pics ??

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
my brother's phone is busted, we were supposed to submit footage of us running down the 3-story building of the restaurant we were in while the 2-minute earthquake was happening. would have been worth big money =(

dont have any interesting pics though, just pics of people on the streets and people camping out at the airport.

we were prohibited to enter the hotel the whole day when this happened.
And the aftershocks never stop, every few mintues you can feel the room shake slightly.

I wouldn't go back there though, definitely not a great destination, even without the earthquake. so much for my Dad's idea of vacation on a budget

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Check out these vids of underground nuclear explosions.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I heard that there was a Secret Chiniese Nucualr facility in the area of the epi-center...

and that the quake dammaged the Plant, and they are having a HUGE nuculaer meltdown.. but they are keeping it on the down low...

There was a link about if a week or so ago... but it got taken down...

I think the possibllity of a nuclear accident, is more likly then the Chiniese setting off Nukes underground to kill thier own people...

Unless you think that the US put a nuke there...

I still think there was an accident... and china is working hard to cover it up...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I am not surprised if they keep things on the DL.

The death toll numbers that I see on CNN or BBC are different than what i saw in local chinese news when i was there on vacation.

The numbers on international news are much more conservative.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

I don't have the expertise to say if this was possible, but it does raise some interesting questions, particularly concerning the concrete found whech is allegedly he same as that used in underground military bases.

Maybe that famous chic who's name I forget as right about the karma thing and the monks. They got thier life forces channeled and made it go kablouee.

If this is true, it raises the question of safety concerns at china's underground bases, and possible nuclear contamination of a wide area, not to mention the inhumanity shown by the chinese government in not allowing international relief organisations access until 72 hours later.
en.epochtimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Our great nation is guilty of the same. Remember Katrina, Cuba... Help is help is help is help right? Please correct me if I am wrong but wasn't domestic help about that much late? In fact don't correct me

Or maybe in the twilight zone, they used the haarp to set it of. In the same way it is alleged Chernobyl 2 blew up Chernobyl.

However, if it were a nuclear explosion, I'm sure someone has brought up the fact that them birds up there would have detected it. However if they were playing the haarp or something else, they wouldn't kiss and tell.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Remember that underground test that was suppose to happen back in 2006? I believe if memory serves me it was to be set off in Nevada. What is the possibility of Bush convincing the Chinese to conduct this experiment instead?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Anyone think this could be true? HAARP causing earthquake?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
so , like the iranian earthquake - which all the rabid dogs proclaimed as a nuke test - now china is doing the same?

rubbish

www.emsc-csem.org...

a depth of 10km`s

nothing nuclear has ever happened at that depth weapons tests were between 400>750 meters - not 10km`s , as drilling that deep , is , quite frankly near impossible - and it would be for oil or other extraction , not a huge shaft.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

oh look - when iran had an earthquake we had 2 `super moderators` claiming it was a nuke test.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I was saying this right away. A day or two after the quake, I posted on ATS on why I thought it was an underground Nuclear test by the Chinese military.

They have been rushing things, and that includes testing. They are eager to go after Taiwan soon.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Nevermind, I posted without reading the whole thread...Unfortunately the seismic evidence seems to rule out a nuclear explosion at the time...

It was a cool and interesting idea to start with tho

Peace

EDIT -- Cos I don't read stuff properly sometimes...

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Rilence]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Who needs nukes when you have Scalars?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Has anyone seen this?

Unusual Clouds prior to China Earthquake: Photographic Evidence

Whatever it was, it left a trace in the sky.

And it definetly does not look like something natural.

Looks more like an artificial aurora.

High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program anyone?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
when the uk earthquake happened a woman saw ball lighting.....
others saw earthquake lights in the sky......
and people heard 2bangs borfore the quake struck.....

could be what you say,seems strange so many earthquakes happeing.
the one in th uk was was very odd as seen the whole(well nearly) of the uk and even some of holland felt it.

sty

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
how would this explain the after-shock that occur on dialy basis? Almost every day we still see earthquakes with the magnitude>4 in that place.. it looks like sustained osccilation

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join