It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Explosion Suspected at Epicenter of the Sichuan Earthquake

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Budski- nice post..
I suspected the location of quake being near the nuclear facilities may be more than coincidence-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You have evidence to support that

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I haven't seen any real news items about the locations of underground nuke facilities in China, but did find an odd (small) reference to radiation here:

www.guardian.co.uk...

It is odd that they only make a passing reference:

Experts were searching for 15 radiation sources buried in the rubble, and survivors were moved from possible danger areas downstream on rivers dammed by landslides.

And do not follow it up with any substance.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Here is a fantastic theory. The quake was initiated to hide the nuclear blast...by aliens. That's why no retaliation and asking for help from the US. Everyone knows who and what but obviously have to propagate the plain earthquake story.
Just thought I'd throw that in there. How true can it be?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I dont believ this article for one minute. Earthquake and nuclear bomb explosions have different signatures on the richter scale.

I will see if I can find a diagram of the differences

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Okay here is some information just as a matter of interest. First link is of the International Monitoring System for the Test Ban Treaty, (which I am proud to say that we do monitoring for radionucleid particles at my organisation), which would have picked up if their was a nuclear explosion.

Second link is of earthquake and mine blast signature, with one identified signature. Just to mention that I couldnt find a link for the nuclear explosion signature, but according to our International Monitoring System for the Test Ban Treaty, it is almost exactly the same as the underground mine explosion

Hope this helps

www.fas.org...

www.geocities.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliumboy
man ATS reader are just a stupid as GLPers

they attach to any zany idea no matter how far fetched it is.

Well hey, if that's how you feel, no-one is forcing you to stay - and there's a log out button as well.

If you can find it

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by budski

I dont believ this article for one minute. Earthquake and nuclear bomb explosions have different signatures on the richter scale.

Do you not think it worth exploring the possibility?

There have already been graphs posted, as well as POSSIBLE explanations.

Nice of you to read the whole thread before posting

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Like i said before, the International Monitoring System for the Test Ban Treaty would have picked up if it was a nuclear explosion. China, Russia, Japan and South Korea, India, Pakistan and Taiwan all have seismic monitoring stations as well as radionuclei stations. If there was a nuclear explosion it would have been picked up and the UN wouldve been notified.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Does anyone here ever check out Rense.com? If you go there, scroll down through all the articles. You'll have to go down quite a bit because the articles (with videos) that I'm referring to were posted about 2 weeks ago. Actually, you can probably find the videos on Youtube. There are two that I saw. One is about 47 seconds long, and the other is about 3 minutes. They were recorded before the earthquake (one about 10 minutes before and the other about 1/2 hour before). They appear to show two seperate locations.......but both show really weird, multi-colored clouds in the sky over China. Kinda rainbow-colored. Until I stumbled across this topic on ATS today, I hadn't heard anything about radioactivity over there.....but maybe that would explain these clouds.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
You don't have to agree with everything you read, but as members, you all agree to be Polite and Civil and not use blanket insults, harsh language and rude comments.

Courtesy Is Mandatory
No more scoffing and ridicule...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilDick
Does anyone here ever check out Rense.com? If you go there, scroll down through all the articles. You'll have to go down quite a bit because the articles (with videos) that I'm referring to were posted about 2 weeks ago. Actually, you can probably find the videos on Youtube. There are two that I saw. One is about 47 seconds long, and the other is about 3 minutes. They were recorded before the earthquake (one about 10 minutes before and the other about 1/2 hour before). They appear to show two seperate locations.......but both show really weird, multi-colored clouds in the sky over China. Kinda rainbow-colored. Until I stumbled across this topic on ATS today, I hadn't heard anything about radioactivity over there.....but maybe that would explain these clouds.

Yeah, the clouds have been discussed on several threads already.

Here's a couple of links, both for and against

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Okay. Youtube......type in "China Earthquake clouds".......it looks like there might be another one that I haven't seen yet.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Ah yes, the noble, venerable and totally non-biassed institute that is the UN.

No offense, but there may be a bigger picture here, and numerous members have already proposed the theory that the time between the explosion and the quake was short enough to fudge the readings, if indeed there was an explosion.

I'd like to hear from a real seismologist as to whether that's possible.

There is definite radioactivity in the area, and eye witness reports point to something that we haven't been told.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Thank you Oz! I just read over the threads......appears the whole "colored clouds" thing is a touchy subject. Sorry everybody!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
A nuclear explosion would clearly be recognizable. The seismographs are available and look nothing like a nuclear event. So that much is pure fantasy, imo.
However, I would suspect there probably has been damage to one or more facilities in the area, and there likely is some leakage leading to higher than background radiation there. Exactly how much and where and from what, won't be known until later. It's not inconceivable to think there may be a fairly major event taking place, that you won't find out about until later.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I figured.. with all the Tibet issues and Olympics China needed some global sympathy and distraction. Mission accomplished. What a wonderful world we live in..

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
never heard of this website epoch times

is it known?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Even the most powerful underground blasts never caused anything more than a small local earthquake... and since the epicenter was at a distance of 12 miles... that pretty much rules an underground base out. The most we have dug down are the mines of South Africa and those are little more than 2 miles.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Some thing happend, as the eye witnesses stated the mountain spewed forth material like a volcano !

Then there is the radiation at high enough levels for the chinese to worry about and they are not reknown for giving two hoots about their people.

Some thing involving nuclear materials happend, and a huge explosive event also happend.

We may never know, and thats a shame.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join