It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Explosion Suspected at Epicenter of the Sichuan Earthquake

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Fair point, but here's a hypothetical - if the explosion occured only a second or 2 before it set off the quake, would the measurements be the same?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hmm.. it is possible..

I would imagine someone around the world from a credible source would leak this information?

And... if the top of the base is blow off.. a cloud would have been dispersed into the atmosphere, and of course I could only imagine the SOUND a nuclear blast makes it better loud.. someone would have heard it...

They say the Korean blast was detected because of an Earthquake, it must have been a big bomb or reactor to cause the blast that it did, and the damage as well..

Guess we will know in 20 years when birth defects and cancer rates sky rocket through the roof.

It is .. kinda suspicious that the first thing they are doing is evacuating people and filling in these lakes huh? 30 where created and the army is rushing to "fill" them in.....

[edit on 6/3/2008 by Rockpuck]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
OK bear with me - this is from memory.

Nuclear detonations and complaince with international treaties are monitored on a quad tier mechanism.

First of all is sesmic data, shared world wide by quake monitoring station, secondly comes satellite over watch of suspicios areas or known former test sites. Thirdly comes radio isotope monitoring by both high altitude manned and unmanned craft flying down wind from any suspicious areas of interest.

Lastly comes a formely classified ability to monitor in real time ionespheric effects from acoustic waves generated by underground nuclear tests.

The explosion causes ripples in the earths structure, and this sends waves of acoustic sound up into the ionisphere where beams of radio waves are streaming across potential sites.

The ripples cause disturbances and this gives a solid proof of a nuclear test. Interestingly an earth quake doesn't produce this specific frequency and thus cannot be confused (and neither do conventional explosives, its all to do with the make up and physics)

HAARP would of known in seconds if this was a nuke test. The silence is deafening thus i feel that they knew seonds after the event. hence China asked them for help..

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

And yet they apparently waited 72 hours before doing so - perhaps it took that long for their scientific advisors to convince them that the event could easily be detected?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I remember hearing the army going dropping the rescue efforts to secure some nuke facilities in the area that had been damaged by the quake.

Nukes just do not explode by themselves. Someone may have been experimenting as we do deep underground and set one off by playing around with it.

The one point is though. I don't think even a 10 megaton bomb could trigger a quake. Look how many they tested in Nevada deep underground and they never had a bad quake from it when as we see today the area is a highly active seismic region.

I have been seeing more evidence that this quake was a scaler attack by HAARP from the U.S. as punishment for their all out war on the Internet against the U.S. military and the threat of them dumping our dollar among other issues.
It would make a nice target as many nuclear facilities are in that part of China.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by Dan Tanna

And yet they apparently waited 72 hours before doing so - perhaps it took that long for their scientific advisors to convince them that the event could easily be detected?

They knew the very few seconds after - they just don't share that with the world as it broadcasts their capabilities. The ripple watch in the ionesphere may no longer be classified but its not spread through the world on a broad sheet paper advertising such capability.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
There is a under ground base between China & India. I think this has a connection to the earthquake...

ancientx.com...TextText White

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It takes A LOT of focused energy to trigger critical mass in a weapon hence the focused detonator mechanics in a warhead and on top of that detonators have fail safes to prevent false detonation, basically they prevent focusing of the detonation energies that trigger Critical mass.

You can drop a nuke warhead many times and it won't go off. You will be # scared of course due to your ignorance of the subject but it still won't go off.

Of course they want to ensure any facilities nearby are not at risk after such an event.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by mOOmOO]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOOmOO
It takes A LOT of focused energy to trigger critical mass in a weapon hence the focused detonator mechanics in a warhead and on top of that detonators have fail safes to prevent false detonation, basically they prevent focusing of the detonation energies that trigger Critical mass.

You can drop a nuke warhead many times and it won't go off. You will be # scared of course due to your ignorance of the subject but it still won't go off.

Of course they want to ensure any facilities nearby are not at risk after such an event.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by mOOmOO]

........ a number of aircraft have dropped nuclear weapons and the initial explosives to start the nuke running have detonated but tluckily the main device failed to trigger.

This event could of been a production accident, a testing accident, or some other event we are over looking. Could even be a storage accident as we don't know how fail safe the Chinese weapons are.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
The one point is though. I don't think even a 10 megaton bomb could trigger a quake. Look how many they tested in Nevada deep underground and they never had a bad quake from it when as we see today the area is a highly active seismic region.

This implies that the energy required to trigger an earth quake is constant. This also implies that you know precisely the amount of energy required to trigger a quake.

Both implications are ludicrous. Given the nature of an earth quake, it could be factually stated that a 10MT bomb would NOT be capable of triggering a quake. However, it could also be factually stated that dropping a glass of milk could trigger a quake. Both are true, and both are false. It's relative to the current geological state of the area in question.

I believe the one point you were trying to make, is that we cannot know whether or not a nuclear detonation would trigger an earth quake.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
But what is the overall implication? That China is futzing with technologies to create earthquakes or that this was just a bad accident with an even worse chain reaction?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
maybe they were experimenting with a new type of weapon in an underground base when the accident happened and there using a nuke accident as a cover...china's area 51 ?..

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kelbtalfenek
reply to post by budski

Wasn't there also some conjecture that the earthquake in America's mid-west was also sparked by a nuclear explosion?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is this fear mongering or is there any proof at all?

I'm interested to know as well, because I got woken up by that (I live in southern Illinois.) People need to keep in mind, though, that the New Madrid fault system produced much stronger quakes than that long before there were nukes. Not sure why the first decade of the 21st century is the time in which EVERY NATURAL DISASTER is PROOF of the NWO driving us to ruin (or definitive proof of human-caused catastrophic global warming), but there it is.

Now, having said that...how terrible that would be, if that disaster in Sichuan were entirely manmade. It's bad enough if it's a natural earthquake...but how tragic if it ends up being a nuke, especially if it's an accident. Makes me fear for the US's aging stockpile of nukes.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Yahoo reports evidence of radiation under buried rubble.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It was not a nuclear test, explosion, anything.....period.

The last nuclear event on this planet was the North Korea testing a while back.......trust me.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I feel I should put my opinion into this thread. IMO it was not nuclear or nuclear caused. For comparison, this image compares a nuclear test with an earthquake:

Next the Sichuan quake can be seen here:
www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk...

Or as seen below from the above source:

Edit: It's wider than ATS shows, it goes on for longer than that.
Basically, the quake does not correspond to a Nuclear explosion. However this does not imply a nuclear explosion did not happen afterwards, though why someone would build a nuclear station or power plant in such an active area is beyond me.

Now to be perfectly honest, another problem with the explosion being the direct cause or all of it is the size needed and the result of that, namely a very large crater of subsidence. Which would be incredibly obvious, as it would be circular. Just look at the Nevada test range for examples.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by apex]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

So can we then assume that there was SOME sort of nuclear accident - a production or weapons test gone wrong perhaps?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be a thing if China planned a nuclear detonation to cause a quake in order to divert attention from Tibet.....In other words, the world would tune in and see how well they are dealing with the suffering of their people....just a thought....

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
It was not a nuclear test, explosion, anything.....period.

The last nuclear event on this planet was the North Korea testing a while back.......trust me.

Why ? I see no reason to... unless your privvy to the highest security info in real time from both chinese governments and united states.

However the seismograph information is a good clear indicator of a normal earth quake which could of damaged a reactor / weapons development lab.

However i still find the eye witnesses saying about the spewing forth of material very strange indeed.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Oh I'm sure it did register at the usgs, however if the quake coincided with the nuclear detonation, it would just be interpreted as a quake, wouldn't it?

edit: I just read the data posted above, so its now clear to me that a detonation does look different than a detonation.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Quazga]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join