It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Ours or There's" - Best Close Encounter of 3rd Kind cases?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Of all the UFO evidence I've seen or heard, the most compelling evidence has been stories of military people seeing a disc land in close proximity to them and then taking off. There are a small minority of cases where I've fully believed these people saw what they say they did.

However, none of these stories that I find particularly believable ever mention seeing an alien entity. I think the discs exist, but I'm not convinced they aren't ours.

My question is: What do you think is the best evidence that these craft are of extraterrestrial origin? Is there any story out there that you find particularly compelling?

thanks

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Tada!

Tehran citizens reported seeing bright helicoptors or a bird like object. Iranian military officials did not take the reports seriously and offered "stars" as an explanation until talking to Mehrabad tower. Mehrabad International Airport was Tehran's main airport at that point in time.

The Iranian official decided to scramble an F-4 from Shahrokhi AFB(difficult to read in the document) to investigate. The brilliance of the object was clearly visible from 70 miles away. As the F-4 moved within 25 nm (nautical miles) of the object it lost all instrumentation and communications forcing him to break off and return to Shahrokhi. As he did so he regained control of instrumentation and communications.

Soon a second F-4 was launched to intercept the object and acquired a radar lock at 27 nm. As the F-4 came to within 25 nm of the object it began to move away, maintaining the 25 nm distance. The object was so bright it was difficult to estimate the size but the radar signature returned was similar in size to a Boeing 707 Tanker. The light it gave off was like a brilliant strobe arranged in a rectangular pattern and alternating blue, green, red, and orange. The sequence of the lights was so fast that it could all be seen at once.

Another object came out of this one about 1/2 - 1/3 the apparent size of the moon. It headed straight for the F-4 at a very high rate of speed. The pilot attempted to fire an AIM-9 missile at the object but at that instant his weapons panel went offline and he lost all communications. At this point the pilot attempted a turn and negative G dive to get away. The object fell in trail about 4 nm behind him. The second object then turned away to rejoin the first object.

FOIA: UFO Sighting in Iran, 1976

To give you a bit of background... the F4 Phantom II's were sold to Iran in the 70s when we were on better terms with them. By then the US military had been flying Phantom II's for over a decade and replaced them with F-14 Tomcats... but I certainly doubt they had a vehicle like this:

Shortly after they joined another object seemed to come out of the first (primary) object and going straight down at a high rate of speed. The F-4 pilot had regained his instrumentation and tracked the object expecting an impact with the ground. Instead, the object touched down gently and cast a bright light over an area of about 2-3 km.

they where able to ‘magically’ jam the communication and weapons system of the aircraft .

If that's not enough check this out... hours later in Morocco...

Another document later came to light revealing that that a very similar UFO was sighted in Morocco from many locations about 3 to 4 hours later, or 0100 to 0200 hours local time on September 19. The document was from the American embassy in Rabat, Morocco to the U.S. State Department, dated September 25, 1976--"Subject: Request for Info. Unidentified Flying Objects." It recounted that the Moroccan police had received numerous reports of an object generally flying parallel to the Atlantic coast at low altitude. It had a silvery luminous circular or tubular shape and was giving off intermittent trails of bright sparks and fragments. It made no noise.
Wikipedia

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
thanks for the reply

i'm familiar with that case and I think it's a good one (and possibly legit)

however, no where in that story does it mention extraterrestrial beings. Yours is another very good case without confirmation that it's ET at the helm. I'm looking for the best cases where the beings are actually sighted.

edit: my point being, these could still be highly advanced terrestrial craft

[edit on 3-6-2008 by jamesder]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jamesder

Good point. I was going to edit my post but I was a bit lazy.

Technically the 1976 Iran encounter was classified as CE2..

Still, one has to wonder what kinda evidence is needed to support the ET hypothesis? Do people really believe humans had that kind of technology in the 1970s.... or today for that matter?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

"Saw a flying saucer at the junction of highways 6 and 63. Believe it or not!"

Afterward, Schirmer developed a red welt on his neck, a headache, and he began to feel ill. Word of Schirmer's sighting was related to the Condon Commission at the University of Colorado, which investigated UFO reports. Schirmer was asked to come to Boulder, Colorado. At Boulder, on February 13, 1968, he was hypnotized by psychologist Dr. Leo Sprinkle of the University of Wyoming.

Here is a pretty good CE3. Although Schirmer was the only witness, he did suffer physical effects from the episode. Furthermore, his psychologist believed him, he lost his dream job (what kinda nebraskan boy would throw away a police chief gig), and his wife. Whatever happened to him clearly was very moving..

UFO Casebook

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I believe it is possible for humans to have that tech in the 1970s, provided out-side sources compensate (eg: ETs/Hidden races)... and if not, then on a MUCH smaller scale.

Considering the scale of the event in Iran? If it isn't alien, then who on earth could afford AND produce such a object that size capable of those things at the time?

Another note: The USAF wouldn't make a vehicle designed to jam radars, and have it glowing brightly at the same time. Name one special operations vehicle that is designed to be seen so easily?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Actually I think this is a better case because it involves two witnesses and physical evidence (severe burns)..

Jenkins stayed with the SAT vehicle and Raeke proceeded to the source of the light to investigate. As Raeke approached the crest of the hill, he observed an individuals dressed in a glowing green metallic uniform and wearing a helmet with visor. Raeke immediately challenged the individual, however; the individual refused to stop and kept walking towards the rear fence line of L-9. Raeke aimed his M-16 rifle at the intruder and ordered him to stop.

UFO INCIDENT AT USAF MISSILE BASE

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
cool story

i think what i'm looking for here might be video testimony. It really helps to judge someone's sincerity when you can SEE them make these type of claims. I believe Gordon Cooper saw a disc land; I believe Symington saw the large craft in Arizona that he claims to have seen.

Are there any high quality cases like this where the observer saw extra-terrestrials?

[edit on 3-6-2008 by jamesder]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

There is no evidence from a story. None at all. They give people wishing to gather evidence a good place to start their look, but that's it. No story can make the idea of aliens more likely.

Even video testimony is flawed, as the perception of one person (or, indeed, more) in an uncontrolled environment, is flawed. Even for military observers, looking at stuff they might not understand (be it weather patterns, optical illusions, whatever) can cause confusion.

The only thing that would pass as evidence would be something physical - traces of chemicals not naturally present in the area, part of a spaceship, part of an alien, etc. Preferrably all of the above.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I agree with your points, but I've found the cases which I've mentioned to be interesting and sincere. I'm not looking to come to an absolute conclusion here.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Are there any high quality cases like this where the observer saw extra-terrestrials?

The witness in the Socorro case is a well-respected policeman, Lonnie Zamora, who claimed in the report he filed (included in Project Blue Book, Brad Steiger, Ed., 1976) that he saw a flame in the sky, "bluish and sort of orange too...sort of motionless flame, slowly descending. ... narrower at top than at bottom...Sun was to west and did not help vision. Had green sunglasses over prescription glasses. Could not see bottom of flame because it was behind the hill....noise was a roar, not a blast..." The policeman drove around the area trying to see the flame again, and said he suddenly came across "a shiny type object ... oval in shape. It was smooth - no windows or doors. ... seemed like O in shape and I at first glance took it to be overturned car." He also described "two people in white coveralls...two persons..." Zamora said he saw the two people at a distance of 150 to 200 yards

What do you think about the Socorron NM case?

How could this police officer have mistaken an ET craft with little ET beings for "a helicopter used to carry a Lunar Surveyor around for some tests?"

Additional Link- CUFON

Also, check out the Youtube video which interviews the witness and a close friend of his...

new topics

top topics

join