It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Expected to Lock Up Nomination Tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Obama Expected to Lock Up Nomination Tonight

abcnews.go.com

Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., is expected to capture enough delegates in Tuesday's remaining two Democratic primaries to declare himself the Democratic Party's presidential contender and become the first African-American nominee of a major political party.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well like it or not Barack Obama is going to be the Democratic nominee for president this year.

I would like to see him throw a real monkey wrench into this campaign by choosing Bill Clinton as his running mate.

Not really but my money is on either Bill Richardson to sew up the Hispanic vote (and for his considerable experience) or General Wesley Clarke to garner some southern leverage and for his considerable foreign policy experience.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The real kicker here is going to be if Hillary locks up the popular vote. Its so close that if the poll numbers in South Dakota hold up (she's blowing Obama out there, apparently), she realistically could end up with more actual votes nationwide. Then, it gets awfully interesting, though I agree, Obama WILL be the nominee.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Ummmm....wow. That particular monkey wrench hadn't even occured to me. LOL...

Me like it not. 'Course Ms. Clinton would be even worse.

The Libertarian party is becoming more attractive by the moment...

I can't get the image of Hillary Clintons face when she would hear that Mr. Obama had picked her husband as his running mate. Priceless...priceless...

top topics

join