It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Christian 'Cleansing' Campaign Picks Up Pace in Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

www.israelnationalnews.com

IsraelNN.com) Attacks on Christian targets and those identified with Western culture have grown more frequent in Gaza in the past two years, and especially since the Hamas takeover in June 2007, experts say. The targets have included churches, Christian and United Nations schools, the American International School, libraries and Internet cafes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hamas,Islamic Jihad,and hezbollah must drop their violent tendencies or face the consequences.Since their funding comes from Iran ,well the solution is obvious.Discrimination against ANY religious group wont be tolerated by people of the world.

www.israelnationalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Seriously now, isrealnationalnews.com. What were you expecting, a non-biased, multi-sided report?

Israeli bombers are just as responsible for continuing the hatred on both sides of this. Killing another family does not bring back your loved ones, it only creates more violence. It never ends like that.

Fwiw, I don't think most people are nonbelievers in the existence of terrorists, I only think they are nonbelievers in the supposed capacity terrorists are sometimes given.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
israelnationalnews...???

I think we can assume a slight bias here? Not to say that these things doesn't occur. But comon..

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Israeli national news and your own headline?

It's against the forum rules to make up your own.

Check out this thread with particular reference to this:

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted. Obviously, some editorial latitude will be allowed if the original headline is too long (gets truncated) or too obscure.

I smell an agenda - here's the REAL headline for this story:

source

I suspect that if someone had posted out of context about something Iran had said, there would be people screaming blue murder.

[edit on 3/6/2008 by budski]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

I smell an agenda

Its funny you say that, as this news forum features a regular onslaught of "news" from iranian newspapers.

Its good to see some balance here at last.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Fwiw, I don't think most people are nonbelievers in the existence of terrorists, I only think they are nonbelievers in the supposed capacity terrorists are sometimes given.

Exactly. If terrorists were such a big threat why can't they sneak across the border like every other illegal immigrant. It's not like they're trying to get a job... just head to crowded place and... set off a bomb.

All this military action is a huge waste of resources. How much oil does it take to run those huge aircraft carriers and fighter jets?? The war on terrorism is so vague... In the meantime we could have used those resources here on US soil.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Couldn't agree more!

Regardless of what "side" of the Israeli/Palestinian issue you are on, having arcticles posted from an Israeli site are just as valid as some of the other content we see.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

No doubt about it. There are all manner of questionable sources posted around here, so why is an Israeli source being called out? That's not to defend the source, but to defend the right to USE that source considering that the other side uses dubious sources at will as well.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by vor78]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I have no issues with the source - just the made up headline which was being used to sensationalize the story, and could potentially be misleading, which has now been corrected.

The article itself is pretty good and highlights some major concerns about anti-christian and anti-western violence, albeit by a minority of hardliners.

Just to play devils advocate here for a minute - imagine it's the year 2050, western economies have crumbled and islamic countries have military bases in western countries and use military power and economic imperialism to oppress the people of those nations.

What do you suppose the outcome would be?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justice11

Hamas,Islamic Jihad,and hezbollah must drop their violent tendencies or face the consequences.

Ah yes, as always with humanity, when faced by implacable enemies prepared to die in order to attain glory in the eyes of their fellow kin, we try and kill them or choose to pretend they are nothing more than fascist scum.

It's going to turn real nasty when people stop pretending.

Death to the intelopers!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Just to play devils advocate here for a minute - imagine it's the year 2050, western economies have crumbled and islamic countries have military bases in western countries and use military power and economic imperialism to oppress the people of those nations.

What do you suppose the outcome would be?

Guerrilla warfare. Hopefully, however, the western "freedom fighters" in this hypothetical situation would not hide among their own women and children to purposely welcome collateral damage - vying for international sympathy.

In this conflict, it's easy to judge - but ask yourself: What exactly is Israel supposed to do? Watch as suicide bombers decimate it's civilians and do nothing because the bomb factories are beside pre-schools?

Neither side in this conflict is right. The real question is, how can the circle of violence be broken? Someone needs to start a "from this point forward discussion" very earnestly in that region.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Justice11

amazing that a right wing israeli news source reports what hamas and its supporters are doing to christians and others in Gaza--which land israel gave for the pals to have as a homeland of their own-----yet it's still the jews fault some would say if the hamas government that their own people voted for murders or persecutes its own civilians ?

saying this makes as much sense as blaming the usa for crime that takes place in mexico or canada.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Perhaps the cycle of violence could be stopped by israel actually staying within its own borders, by ceasing its genocidal practices, by ceasing its pogroms against "arab" settlers and by stopping its economic starvations.

I agree that there is no easy solution, but IMO the bulk of the blame lies at the door of israel.

Israel is like the little kid in the playground who bullies others because he's best friends with the biggest kid.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Israel is like the little kid in the playground who bullies others because he's best friends with the biggest kid.

Hamas, Al Quaeda, Hyzbollah et al are akin to the kid who brings a loaded gun to class and mows down their peers because the kid you mentioned bullied them.

I think Israel is to blame for continuing the cycle, but they are the only ones willing to change judging from their actions. Israel has made political and territorial concessions in this ongoing blood-feud. After returning part of the territory to the Palestinians - instead of rejoicing they turned on each other... Perhaps Israel is right to be paranoid?

Just fuel for thought...

EDIT: Typos

[edit on 04/03/2008 by blackbox]

new topics

top topics

join