It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 659
<< 656  657  658   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
My tuppence worth.

I don't really like the aimless chit chat, but I've been dragged into it because that seems to be the way to communicate here in FCP - without joining in, I would be pretty much anonymous in here.

Sometimes I am in the mood, mostly I'm not, simply because this is Fight club pub.

I understand that people get to know each other this way, and that this can play a part in debate tactics.

At the same time there are other, better, venues for that.

We are fighters and while there is a place for chatting, it should not be the majority of what goes on here.

And there lies the problem - if 90% of what is said in here isn't about debates, whose fault is that?

I have no problem with the Pub being moved anywhere, as long as it is JUST fighters - otherwise we might as well just call it Bar Brawl.

In other words, a free for all.

added
I also don't like cliques - and I see that happening here as well....

[edit on 8/4/2009 by budski]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
ATTENTION:

I have been remiss in not looking at this thread in a very, very long time...

Chissler is absolutely RIGHT. This is the ATS DEBATE Forum, NOT BTS "Chit Chat".

This thread was started to discuss DEBATES and all things associated with the art of debate. If that can't happen without all the bizarre role playing and mindless banter then I will certainly close it.

BTS is there for a reason... to keep this sort of idle chit-chat off ATS.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Tell them they can't post any more music videos and I'll agree with anything else you tell me to.

I am cool with any video except the one. :shk:

Guys and gals, we have to do this ourselves. There is a handful of us compared to the thousands on the rest of the board. For the most part, we are smart people gifted with a great deal of common sense. We can figure out that posts consisting nonsense, emoticons, and completely pointless BS add little to nothing to this thread or what we are here for.

Can we still chat? Yes.

Can we still smack talk? Oh yes....

Can we still foster friendships and haze new comers with banter and conversation? Yes.

I think the whole point is the quality of this thread. Some of the quality that should be here isn't and we can all work on fixing that problem and still keep the friendly chat and banter going.

Right......

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Ahhh...

So now, two things to remember;

1- ATS wants NOTHING to do with possibly HUGE conspiracies perpetrated on all levels of gov't and business, due to the possibility one might confuse Hemp and drugs. (like it takes ANY research to figure out the truth on that one...)

2- The FCP, which only drives advertising dollars into the Amigo's pocket, is not to be used for the purpose that the O.P. says it is for.

Although I agree with Chissler about Pig Latin, I find it hard to believe that you have not read this thread since it's inception, Springer.

(and to avoid you "feeling attacked", this is NOT one. Just an observation.)

[edit on 8-4-2009 by jasonjnelson]

*SNIP!*

Mod edit: Inappropriate comments removed. We will discuss this via U2U. -- Majic

[edit on 4/8/2009 by Majic]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

What you believe is irrelevant, unless you want to call me a liar. Then we'll have something else to deal with.

I haven't looked at this thread since a day or two after it was started, and your comments about ad revenues are as incorrect as your assumptions about our "anti-drug policy".

Suggestion; don't bother hammering on me, it won't do you any good.

Springer...

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Springer]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
Lol, Did Springer just remove my "Fighter" so I can't post in here? Man, you sure are thin skinned. What is up with you and me, huh? I mean, really, after that time you FLIPPED OUT and attacked me, I have had to be careful, or what? Be Banned?
If I am, at least everyone here will know why, right?

[edit on 8-4-2009 by jasonjnelson]

NO, that would be me. The staff has been working overtime on this issue for the last few days to come to an equitable solution. And you not only go off topic but spit in the face of those that are attempting to solve this problem for YOU. Hell no.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

The OP states:

Fight Club Pub.

OK debate fans, this thread is for you. You want to discuss what and who you want to debate? Talk a little smack? Just chill? This thread is for you.

If the definition needs to be changed according to .. someone ... then let us know and tell us what it needs to be changed to.

But we've been talking smack and just chilling, just like the OP says, so I don't think it's fair to come in here all full of attitude and accusations NOW. AS far as I can see, the banter and "chit-chat" started on Page 1. We are now at page 659. If we were not adhering to the intent of the OP and what this thread is supposed to be for, it would seem to me that someone should have mentioned it 600 or so odd pages ago.

Furthermore, speaking for me personally, I'm feeling very much like a mushroom. No one has actually said what the problem is. Did someone complain? Did someone get mad? What happened that started all this? People are coming in here and making "suggestions" but no one is telling us what the PROBLEM is. As I said before, if you can't post about it, then u2u us.

Personally, I feel that we are being jumped on unfairly and have been given no clear explanation of what the problem is and what started all this. We are the debate club. We obviously want to keep our pub. If someone will quit tippytoeing around and tell us what the PROBLEM is, we can probably solve it.

I personally am going to continue to be annoyed and displeased until someone is honest with me/us about what the issue is and who or what started it (not who as in name, who as in mod, member, fighter, etc.).

And don't forget Springer ... I'm close enough to REACH you.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hope the removal of tags was just temporary. I really am not a fan of bullies.

[edit on 4/8/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Alright, now my other debate has been completed as well: CLOSING FOR THE NEWSPAPER HAS FAILED THREAD

Enjoy and much thanks to Skeptic.

Also am I hearing talk about Baileys?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Thank goodness.

I will work on my closing now. I fully expect you to squash me, because there was only so much I could argue in this one.

And, now I know that I don't like being on the side of something I don't totally agree with.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

And the people who bust their asses to bring a website to everyone that can be enjoyed by all don't appreciate comments like this:

2- The FCP, which only drives advertising dollars into the Amigo's pocket

Yeah that's the ticket...

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

If that is offensive then I am not sure what to tell you. Are they not making money off of the site (even if it just covers expenses)? Meanwhile, he just got his tags taken off for doing exactly what he is supposed to do:

Debating a topic.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Temp. closure to let tempers settle.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm sorry that I don't consider walking into a thread and throwing out a disgraceful personal insult questioning the integrity of our staff to be "debate".

new topics

top topics

<< 656  657  658   >>

join