It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
apparently you can put lipstick on pigs but still they are pigs. or soccer moms or somthin to that effect.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
First, an excellent example of a subtle back-handed reference there, MemoryShock.

Second, I think that's a good idea -- are you having Semper moderate? If so, you could leave the final selection of topic/sides to him, by his discretion or from a list culled from various suggestions.

I'm thinking that we will end up with a random topic, either one of Semper's choosing (not economics!) or whether he chooses to cherry pick a suggested topic.

'Tis why I encourage all of you Fighters to drop some topics for us all to 'gossip' about. That way, we can keep the marketing machine going for the Schro Dog/MemoryShock bout and as well to prevent me from having anything unfairly prepared.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Yes indeed it is still a pig, but after a long night in the pub and a brand new set of beer goggles........... it could pass for Palin

[edit on 24-10-2008 by constantwonder]

[edit on 24-10-2008 by constantwonder]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

..... Here, let me bring a pitcher out to the (newly-discovered and swept) patio, for everyone to enjoy, in the fresh air. And here's a clean ashtray for you.

I've also set up a CCTV, so we can continue to watch the MemoryShock - Schrodinger - Budski love triangle snipe at each other.

Hey, if you're serving up drinks -- and seeing as I finished my first (albeit one-sided) 'debate' today, and considering how I discovered and cleaned the patio for eveyone's enjoyment (and if I am allowed to put my broom down...)

I'd like to have a Maker's Manhattan and breathe a little fresh-air too.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

Of course, coming right up!

And here's some newspaper, also. Please use it to avoid soot-stains on the patio furniture. We all appreciate your hard work, but must you continue to wear the 'poor oppressed chimney-sweep girl' outfit? It's a little much.

PS: Great debate, by the way.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Big difference between drunks and alcoholics my friend.

I for one am both

Maybe that's why I think it's a brilliant idea, Ian

edit: have now read the last three pages. For clarity, the brilliant idea was to invade DATS, not to make Maria splutter. TWISI, congratulations on your first debate; you have set a high standard for us newbies.

Now I shall return to my mop.

[edit on 10/24/08 by americandingbat]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I would like to take a second and congratulate both Maxmars and Sublime on one of the most informative debates of late.

One hell of a job you two and I have to admit that I am still ingesting the information you guys presented...if I had to debate that topic on either side against either of you...I would of made of a fol of mself because I wouldn't have taken the graceful way out by forfeiting.

Excellent job you guys...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Before this Tournament started Ian and me wanted to do a debate and said we´ll wait until the Tournament is over.

Its great that we dont have to wait.

I look forward to the Tournament-Finals with you Ian

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I've been looking forward to this, also, for quite a while. Congratulations on your previous debates; enjoyable reading. There will be an unavoidable delay, due to some RL-necessities of mine, however MemoryShock is, of course, on top of it.

The only worry I have is that we might out-polite each other.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

The only worry I have is that we might out-polite each other.

Don't worry, Schro Dog and I are balancing that out...:d

Okay...bedtime. Night All.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Just to let you know I am aware of Ians time-restraints and agree to pause the debate on those days.

(You´re getting a kick out of being able to assign us weird topics, Im sure)

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I, for one, am looking forward to debating either side of "Dolphins Are Perfectly Capable of Building Parquet Floors".

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Ever since TheVagabond has retreated a bit, Semper has become a Mod and MemoryShock is busy organizing the Tournament, you have become the most likely candidate for runner-up of Debate-Ranking-Champ.

I think you could argue anything...including "Dolphins have a Communist society thats superiour to the society of sea lions".

So, although it is clear for all that I dont have the slightest chance against you...

you are currently the best one to test ones fighting skills against.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
INT. FLIGHT CLUB PUB - LATE NIGHT/EARLY A.M.

ANGLE ON: TWISI, her body lies on the floor in an exhausted, crumpled heap. Her 'chimney-sweep-girl' clothes are torn and 'soot' stained -- from the wear and tear of cleaning -- the broom, worn to a nub, has finally fallen from her hands and rests nearby.

A SHADOW FALLS OVER HER:

She stirs, lifts her head and LOOKS:

TWISI'S P.O.V. - The SILHOUETTE of a MAN...

THE MAN
We all appreciate your hard work, but must you continue to wear the 'poor oppressed chimney-sweep girl' outfit? It's a little much.

CLOSE ON: TWISI - A smile crosses her face. BEAT.

MUSIC CUE: The opening strains of "Baby Elepahant Walk" (if you watch old movies it is the traditonal ' Burly-Q Girl's ' intro.... nah-naaah-naaah-naaaaah-nae-nae, etc., so on and so forth )

She STANDS, TEARS her worn APRON OFF and triumpahntly TOSSES it into the face of THE MAN:

TWISI
... free. Free at..last...

The Man WATCHES as the newly liberated, and former cheap labor, RACES BEHIND THE BAR...

WE HEAR: The SOUNDS of BOTTLES clanking, lids SPINNING and then... GREEDY GULPS... again.. and.. again, an almost incessant drone of -- gulping, gulping...

WE STAY CLOSE ON THE MAN'S FACE AS IT MOVES OUT OF THE SHADOWS -- REVEALING a horrified --

IAN M.
... My God... what... have... I done?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   

And at this point, there is no runner-up that I would rather face than you, Skyfloating. I've noticed your effective use of brevity, and look forward to directly seeing it in action. Don't downplay what I am sure will be an interesting debate; we all learn from trying.

I would not pretend to represent the political beliefs of sea lions; they just go 'ork!' 'ork!' 'ork!' when I inquire.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

OR

WE STAY CLOSE ON THE MAN'S FACE AS IT MOVES OUT OF THE SHADOWS -- REVEALING a JUBILANT --

IAN M.

HA HA HA, I've done it again. (rings hands)

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

What have we done?!?

(to all) The sleeper has awoken!

CUE DRAMATIC CRESCENDO

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Have you heard about what was on the news today?

[edit on 10/25/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
A feverish-eyed, licking her whiskey-soaked-to the-point-of-pucker-lips, (I'm sure I'll be sorry about that one in the AM) TWISI bids you all a...

Bonne Nuit!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Err, something about 10,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire, right? Tell me about it, while I have another rum & coke.

TWISI, G'nite, sleep tight, don't let the screenplay critics bite. And set out a glass of water for the morning.

new topics

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join