It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
In SLO-MO we SEE the VIXEN, Maria_Stardust

M-E-O-W!

I always knew I'd be perfectly suited as a vixen.

Although, I hadn't seen so much angst centered around a character and her broom since Cinderella.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Interesting debate, Maria and Sky. Good job!

I've been following it, and I've had to bite my tongue a few times, it's been so engaging.

Hey, wouldn't it be really cool to be able to have a commentary thread with each debate, that could be hidden from the judges and participants until completion? That way, we could have the fun of 'blow-by-blow' commentary that Semper mentioned, without skewing the process.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

PULL BACK - WE SEE TWISI as she CRUMPLES, exhausted, falling on the liquor soaked floor.

Quick...STAT...I need some bourbon over here and some smelling salts (the bourbon is for me; I can't begin resuscitating someone until after a few drinks as the alcohol content works better than the smelling salts. The smelling salts, in this instance, are for show.)

Grab the Defibrillators!!

No Fighter Goes Down On My Watch...Especially When They Have Mop Duty!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Hey, wouldn't it be really cool to be able to have a commentary thread with each debate, that could be hidden from the judges and participants until completion? That way, we could have the fun of 'blow-by-blow' commentary that Semper mentioned, without skewing the process.

That would be awesome...but I am unsure how that could be worked out...especially for a forum that is likely pretty low on Skeptic's priority list...

And I have been biting my tongue the entire way...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Thats a good idea Ian. Ive wanted to talk about the various debates happening as well but had to practice restraint.

Im glad I finished the amphigory with my rhinophonic opponent.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
That would be awesome...but I am unsure how that could be worked out...especially for a forum that is likely pretty low on Skeptic's priority list...

Ahh...surely not.

We deny more ignorance around here than just about any place on ATS. I mean where else do you see such high levels of research and proper sourcing?

And the intellect!

Please.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Just finished up our debate.

Thank you, Ian. A tremendous debate.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

There he goes using the big words again.

That debate had me pulling my hair out. Anyway, I to would enjoy hearing feedback on these debates in due course.

P.S.: Hey, MemoryShock, heads up. I'm sending you my therapy bill.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
P.S.: Hey, MemoryShock, heads up. I'm sending you my therapy bill.

Duly noted...I have just about enough time to pack up my things and move to the Artic...

What would folks say, after the Tournament has ended, we have a kind of pow wow regarding the debates and say everything we were biting our tongues on? This way, we can give each other points of ponderance, perhaps expand our styles a bit and the new Fighters can jump in with both feet albeit with a bit more confidence...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

What would folks say, after the Tournament has ended, we have a kind of pow wow regarding the debates and say everything we were biting our tongues on? This way, we can give each other points of ponderance, perhaps expand our styles a bit and the new Fighters can jump in with both feet albeit with a bit more confidence...

As someone who is here to learn at the feet of those-who-actually-know-what-they're-doing, I think that would be fantastic idea.

And, um, we are not allowed to voice our opinions about debates until they have been judged, is this correct? And if it is, and as this would be the last moment I officially don't know that -- I would like to really quickly say - I LOVED MARIA AND SKY'S DEBATE! loved, loved, loved, loved, it! My favorite and I sit in awe of you both.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

And, um, we are not allowed to voice our opinions about debates until they have been judged, is this correct?

Comments and opinions are typically fine. What we do try and avoid as much as possible is posting anything that may sway the direction a Fighter may go.

Pretty much, saying how much we enjoyed a particular debate, whether or not it is in progress, is fine. But telling a Fighter that they should have gone with a different rhetorical strategy is not so much...this way, each Fighter gets judged on their own recognisance and presentation...

And I enjoyed the hell out of both debates (but I have been saying that for the entire tournament, save for the first round)...

The quality pouring out of the debate forum is top notch guys...and I am a bit trepidatious to challenge quite a few of you...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

That would be awesome. I don't know if it is viable, but it would be fantastic. That's right, I said fantastic.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Although my ego will probably take a sound beating, I like the idea of commentary too. Truth is, sometimes I have to really strain to figure out which way to present or respond..., I'm usually convinced I could have responded better (especially after I press the "submit" button.)

Having the collective wisdom of the club shining down on my posts would definitely present me with many learning opportunities.

PS. Sublime620 - Outstanding rebuttal! Damn it!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Okay..both Semi-Final matches are closed and the judges have been directed to do there thing. Hopefully, we'll see results by the end of the week...

Keep in mind that we have some Challenge Matches currently going on...One of them (no offense to the others) is one hell of a duzey!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The tax-break submission is complete.... Sublime620 inspired me...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Sorry for the sudden disappearance.
A spot opened up at the hospital in NYC last minute and I had to drive up from DC last night. I am driving back this evening. I will get my response in as quickly as I can.

My apologies to everyone.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Sorry for the sudden disappearance.
A spot opened up at the hospital in NYC last minute and I had to drive up from DC last night.

No worries, Schro Dog...

Hope all is well..

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Why just the other day I glared in a very contempuous manner at a driver who turned out of order at the intersection...that guy was lucky I didn't honk the horn to get his attention so that he could see just how contemptuous I was!

Yikes... I do not think you would like to see me on the road memory shock....

I give the finger for infractions as small as not using the turn signal to signal a lane change.....and I tend to enjoy honking my horn at people driving the opposite direction of me when I see them with their windows down...I can be a very offensive defensive driver.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by titorite]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Chissler, thank you. An excellent debate, and enjoyable; I especially liked the part where you -- but I shall say no more, for the nonce.

Best wishes for your family, hope all is well.

PS: You too, sdog. Remember, alcohol relaxes muscles!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Don't know the situation, but hope it all works out well for you. Best wishes, buddy.

reply to post by Maxmars

Usually I deter people... that's a change of pace.

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join