reply to post by chissler
1. The FCP is an earned privilege, and the only "benefit" fighters get for being fighters.
2. The FCP is not open to the public. My foes from the anti-skepticism threads can't follow me in here and harass me.
3. Every troll, bored kid, smack talker wanna be, etc. etc. can't come in here, take over, talk about whatever they want, and ruin the thread for the
4. DATS people can "alert" posts, but if "strange" people post in DATS about totally irrelevant stuff, there's nothing they can do about it.
5. We KNOW that people who are not fighters try to post in the FCP, because people get u2u's asking "why can't I post in the Fight Club Pub
thread?" Right now it is a restricted group of 30+ people who are debaters. If anyone could post in the FCP, it would become just like DATS, and we
who are the actual FIGHTERS may lose each other in the crowd.
6. It provides a place for the fighters to get to know each other outside of debates, and a place to ask questions about debates, set up challenges,
hash over the rules, follow the tournaments, etc.
There is no reason for people who are not fighters to be able to post here. It's the one little perk we get for being fighters.
Take away the points, we don't care. I didn't even know about the points until a week or so ago.
Do you think a supermod would dare post in DATS about his personal troubles?
The debate forum is traditionally a place where fighters who are only members may engage mods and supermods on more or less even ground, even in the
FCP. Anywhere else on the boards, there would be repercussions if a member spoke to a mod in the manner that, say, I have spoken to 'Shock.
Considerable uproar could ensue if other members decide they can come into the BTS FCP and rag on the mods like we do. (The difference here is, they
are our friends, and we still know where the real unspoken limits are).
As several of us have said, moving the FCP to BTS is effectively its death. It can not be the same if anyone can post to it. As fighter after fighter
dropped off of posting in it, it would become just another DATS and lose all meaning.
If that is the intent, just close and lock the thread and turn the signs off.
Let the FCP have the dignity of a quick short death instead of a long slow suffering death. If you want to allow the fighters to have an "FCP," it
must be restricted to fighters only. If not, then kill it. But don't pretend that you are doing anything other than killing it (slowly) if you move
it to BTS.
(edit because my brain is still a little faster than my fingers)
[edit on 8-4-2009 by Heike]