It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 626
<< 623  624  625    627  628  629 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Congratulations! Every success to you and your family for the new move and job.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Will do, thanks for the tip.

Too bad I didn't get it sooner though...I was maybe half a mile from there yesterday when I was doing my drug test for work.

I'll hit it next week though...I'm all over Kingston Pike.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

OMG nyk - great news on the one hand, but on the other, it may be that your new boss expects you to do some work rather than debating all day!

In which case we'd hardly ever see you

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Sadly I think my presence here may drop somewhat, as I'll probably be expected to do some real actual work.

I'm excited though, as this is what I consider to be a pretty big gig.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I hate real life....

Work stoppages, hospitals, computer help lines (which are no freaking help at all), constant rain, mud, whining co-workers, and a pharmacy that has lost my prescriptions. :shk:

But, later on, I will address Sky's nasty rebuttal in our Sweetheart debate (methinks he has serious issues since he's now attacking me ) and address Irish M1ck's rebuttal in our IQ debate.

Luckily, I am gifted, not disabled, by my high IQ, and it allows me to conduct 2 debates, wrestle with real life, walk, and chew gum at the same time.

.....note to self: multi-tasking is highly over-rated....

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

OH Skeppy, you're going to be just fine. You can tackle BOTH of those at once, you're a bright one.

I do concur on one point - real life sucks.

says the girl who has had less then 2 hours sleep, written an bang up 1500word paper in one night, stapled it, and has opened the window to find a foot of snow on the ground.

I want to cry. I JUST went on a Summer-Clothes-Rescue-Mission..... I wish I could just NOT go to class today..... (Yeah right, 2 weeks left of classes I HAVE to go).

- Carrot

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Sorry, haven't been on in a couple of days. Life has been rough. My son lost use of his legs temporarily after receiving shots to be registered for school. It's been hell.

Just saw the debate. Good heavens. lol So much to say but we're not allowed to comment on ongoing debates. That is a hard rule especially in this case because I can't defend myself when I'm the topic. Anyways, hysterical.

Skeptic- I'll be having some words with you when this is all over.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Ok, my reply is up in the IQ debate.

Now, back to the ATS Sweethearts......

.....this is gonna make me sick before all is said and done :shk: .....

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Hiya Ashley

....Did ya get my u2u? I blame Sky - he assumes all responsibility. I did nothing... I was an innocent bystander...

OMG Ashley - have you talked to the doctors or anything?

- Carrot

[edit on 4/2/2009 by CA_Orot]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
My son lost use of his legs temporarily after receiving shots to be registered for school.

Geeze....what caused that?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Sorry to hear about your son. Is he ok now? Do you need to gather up a posse to go and beat up the school people and especially the person that gave him the shots???

As for the debate.....I need a day or two to come up with proper excuses and prepare to beg and grovel appropriately.
Plus, it isn't over, so it is gonna get worse.....and I prefer to beg and grovel and apologize for everything at once.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Hey Carrot. I just saw the debate but had to close it down. Couldn't read anymore. lol Will wait until the judgments come in.

Anyways, yes. Been getting lots of stuff done to register him for school. We were supposed to go to the early registration today but with everything that is going on, we'll have to go to the late registration in May now.

They said it was normal but I'm taking him back in a little bit (He just got the shots yesterday). Letting him take his nap for now. It's been hard. I have to carry him around everywhere, hold him by his underarms to stand him up when he needs to pee, and had to use his old baby bath to bathe him last night. After his nap, I'm taking him to his afternoon appointment and my husband is coming in from out of town to help.

But they told me it is normal and I spent about an hour this morning 'working' his legs. Nothing permanent whatsoever (Thank God lol).

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

6 Shots total. 2 right leg, 2 left leg, 2 in one arm. So with 4 in the legs, he's out of it for a couple of days. lol I'll give some updates after we go to the doctor again in a couple of hours. They told me he'd be sore and have a hard time walking yesterday. They never told me he'd stop altogether. But I talked to them this morning and they said it does happen, it's nothing to worry about, and to bring him in just in case so my husband is coming into town and that's what we're going to do.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
I hate real life....

mhm.

(methinks he (Sky) has serious issues)

mhm.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Sheesh, how comforting "my son can't walk after the shots you gave him", "oh don't worry - that's normal."

Definitely a case for a slap imho. I know there's a rumour going around that you're a sweetheart Ashley but I think today you may be a lionheart and perhaps begin by saying "you think it mighta been a good idea to tell me!?"

Sorry you've been having such traumas.

Carrot, snow!? Its boiling here in merry England, I almost took my vest off!! But I need to keep it on to catch any beer spills while I watch the match in my lazy-boy later. (*shudders* I'm fibbing!)

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Yes, he's fine. lol He's just REALLY sore and doesn't want to put ANY weight on his legs. It's nothing serious and they told me this morning it happens from time to me when that many shots are administered. It would be like us not wanting to walk after working out for the first time in a long time. So I've been gently massaging his legs and we're keeping the weight off. It will wear off in a couple of days. I used to take allergy shots in my arms as a child and I hated moving my arms for a day or so after getting them so he just doesn't want to stand or walk while he's sore.

And no worries. Just send me 1 dozen roses and a muffin basket when you're done with the debate. I like muffin baskets.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

and as far as i see you survived the celebration
great

hey nyk
great to see you

that is great news nyk
congratulations

erm you have to do drug tests for work?

you are doing a pretty fine job honey
i am proud and very entertained and educated by both debates!

*need to get more porcorn this is better than movies*

reply to post by AshleyD

ashley dear glad you are back and you are a damm good sports

why did your son need shots to be registered for school
oh dear me
everything ok now?

@skeppy you will survive
the debate and ashley.s treatment

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
erm you have to do drug tests for work?

Yep. Pretty standard procedure really.

Apparently some companies would rather their employees not be actively using drugs....go figure.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Don't get cocky......yet.

Real life cuts off for me in a couple of hours and I will reply to your nastiness before I medicate myself for the evening....the voices keep me awake along with the gnawing jealousy.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Do they test for ATS addiction and if you are a debatic?

new topics

top topics

<< 623  624  625    627  628  629 >>

join