It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 606
<< 603  604  605    607  608  609 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Me? Nefarious?

I wouldn't call it that. I started out taking the topic at face value. Only during the confusion after your 2nd post did I know that the topic was intended to refer to website forums.

In one of my u2u's to the mods, I offered to allow for the openings to be taken down and we start over, but they said it was too late for that, and the topic was to be interpreted "as stated" by both of us.

I seriously thought about changing my argument to oppose your definition of the topic, but I just couldn't do it. I myself am a Mod for a regional email list pertaining to horses, and if it weren't for my "censorship" of topics the list would be constantly inundated with personal ads, commercial advertising, and irrelevant garbage. How could I argue that it isn't necessary.

So I stuck with what I'd started and intepreted the topic as printed. But I really don't see how you get "nefarious" out of that.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Not taking sides, but if nefarious tactics are a problem, I probably wouldn't have been your favorite opponent in the world.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

You did notice the
, right.

If I was being anything close to something resembling serious, you'd know it.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

i don.t think carrot was refering to debates - she was talking about the rest of the life!
hopefully i interpreted it right

@skeppy
why the heck should a fighter think a fellow fighter is scary

everybody got his weak points

@vagabond - you know we need a picture to prove it

@nef good idea! or stillettos

[edit on Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:05:10 -0500 by orange-light]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

For a fighter, being scary isn't a bad thing.

Some here are seen as fancy, prancing, glittery fuzz-balls.....I'd prefer scary.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

....prancing fuzz-balls....

I bet we'd have a pretty interesting list if we looked at the way we all see each other around here.

Hmmm....

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I just realized, on the outside chance that I win the tournament, I'm gonna have to debate MemoryShock again. At that point he would be the only one with a streak equal to mine and only 2 points below me in rank.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

As MemoryShock is presently indisposed napping once more I feel like taking this opportunity of smack talking on his behalf.

I'm sure he won't mind ...

Oh yeah?

I don't think so.

Didn't I just whip ya?

... he would say.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Would he say that before or after flitting and prancing around, flicking his tail at the Vagabond??

[edit on 3/26/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

None of those elements are mutually exclusive.

He can multitask.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

is he a mac?

or a woman?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

I don't think it's nice that you guys take advantage of Shock's proclivity for napping to make fun of him.

He is a gentle and kind soul, and though he may not admit it, he has many feelings and he is very sensitive.

This cruelty will break his little heart when he wakes up, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes right back to sleep after he's done wiping the tears from his little eyes.

How can you look at yourselves in the mirror?

No wonder he never smiles.

He gives and he gives and he gives and asks nothing in return except for your permanent undivided attention.

Is that too much to ask?

Shameful.

He's going to be weeping all night now ...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

This coming from the guy who posted a picture of a sleeping Shock for a caption contest so that all of ATS and BTS could make fun of him.

:shk:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
I don't think it's nice that you guys take advantage of Shock's proclivity for napping to make fun of him.

I would love to point out the hypocrisy in this statement... But I participated that one time
so I am also guilty as charged.

He is a gentle and kind soul, and though he may not admit it, he has many feelings and he is very sensitive.

Do you think he's gonna be more upset at the comments - or at the fact that you have revealed some of his secrets? Gentle? Kind? Feelings? Sensitive? These all sound like words that might have been used during a "conversation in confidence."

- Carrot

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Oh but how wrong you are.

The caption contest was conceived in the hope of allowing ATS members to show their appreciation for MemoryShock.

I was surprised and shocked to see mockery rear its ugly head.

Ooooh how he will cry when he reads it.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I didn't mock.

I gave him sweet dreams of a loving, furry friend.

But, later on, I may mock.....I am feeling kind of froggy due to lack of ice cream.

[edit on 3/26/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

honey you are breaking my heart by replying to a simple question with such a triade

i know memory would understand my desire to know to understand, because of his sensivity!
and he smiles - dingbat.s word counts in this regard!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well I hope you're all pleased with yourselves.

He was so vexed by your meanieness that he went and fainted ...

Terrible.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I thought he was napping?

And, artistic renditions of the pink unicorn on oxygen in a wheelchair don't cut it. If you want sympathy, we need photographs.

.....wonders if this is a nefarious plot to gain sympathy to further enlarge Shock's ego......

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I refuse to further perpetuate this injustice.

People nap, it happens.

I suppose you find this funny too.

new topics

top topics

<< 603  604  605    607  608  609 >>

join