It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 588
<< 585  586  587    589  590  591 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

Oh joy, 7am grammar questions, just what everyone loves.

My guess would be "You, so-and-so, and I [verb]", when used as a subject of a sentence. I don't know why, but it seems correct to put the "and I" as the last part of the compound subject, like is done when saying just "so-and-so and I [verb]".

Of course, I'm sure that no one here at FCP will intensely research the question and post a definitive answer.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

Rhetorically
"you, me and so-and-so"
would be ok.

For absolute grammatical accuracy:

"you, so-and-so and I"

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
See Ian and I agree all we need is some so-and-so to come along and it will be Ian, so-and-so and I agreeing.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Thanks guys! I spent yesterday trying to get my closing to write itself... no go. So, off I go now, grammatically correct, to do what must be done!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
All right everyone. I just thought that I would share this with you. Based on my bitter experience over the past few days, I realised that being a good cheerful person in this world is like being in the midst of an ocean full of sharks. And thus, I have changed my mind, and have decided to adapt to the world and be merciless as the society expects but good at heart.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Ah Peacejet, growing older has hardened me to the world around me and within me. I now have no expectations of happinness in this life only of fleeting moments of promise. The world is indeed full of gits, I experience them in my own life and in the lives of my friends and family. So many horrid people around but in myself I have an inner core of peace that just assures me its not the whole story.

I don't surrender to the world and its expectations, I keep myself to myself, help where I can and enjoy my own pursuits. Reading is number 1, there's so much knowledge out there to delight in knowing. The Jesuit philosopher Lonergan (a turgid read with some hidden gems) spoke of the moments of "Insight", the little frisson of pleasure when reading something and thinking that might be true and then realising it is.

Keep flying peacefully through these turbulent skies, correct your rudder, but don't change your course - life does suck but it is marvellous too.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Supercertari

I don't know. I think he should harden his soul and become a hateful, arrogant jerk.

Start pushing little kids down and scaring them.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Supercertari

Keep flying peacefully through these turbulent skies, correct your rudder, but don't change your course - life does suck but it is marvellous too.

Yes, I agree with you. Though the ride is turbulent, the view from the top is beautiful.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I am not as merciless like that. I will just defend myself thats all and make sure I get the respect I deserve.

Who in the world will have the heart to do that to a cute little baby?

[edit on March 19th, 2009 by peacejet]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I was just joking around.

I don't encourage the scaring of small children.

Unless it's Halloween and they're asking for it.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Small children, no.

Obnoxious pre-teens and teenagers.....always.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Agreed
Always. (Even though I could be considered "young", I was never one of those annoying teenage girls).

MORNING SKEP.

I would kill for a coffee and a donut right now......know what I'm sayin'?

Except, I'm not allowed any caffeine for 3 days, which sucks. Damn homeopathic dentist

*looks at Ian completely jeleous*

Due to the said coffee ban I laid down for an hour nap last night - and slept for 6, thus ruining my study schedule to ensure this exam on Conditioning won't kick my ass. Which it certainly will. Yay. 4 more hours to go - who says cramming doesn't work?

- Carrot

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Donuts have been moved to tomorrow morning. An unexpected trip to the hospital where I found my breaking point with being sick and dealing with hospitals and doctors and totally went off on one of the hospital administrators put a kink in my "donut day" plan.

Plus, that espresso machine looks funny. Until it can be properly sterilized after ADB's escapade with it, I am not touching it. Although, I might douse it with bleach from a distance later on today.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Ah thank you
I was going to suggest that with my coffee free diet (for only 2 more days now) it would completely pointless to bring donuts (and coffee) this morning. Tomorrow, works better for me, I'm sure that I can still help you carry all that coffee in here.

Oh and since I should be studying instead of ATSing, it only makes sense to postpone our "shopping spree" to tomorrow.

I'll be.......paying more attention.

OKay, back to the books so that I have more then a snowballs chance in hell of passing this damn mid term.

- Carrot

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
Donuts have been moved to tomorrow morning.

Because they wanted to be.....

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Exactly. I think Nyk is on the right page Skeppy

- Carrot

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Finally, a pic from the road trip. That must be Shock in the pink robe, but which is which of the other two?

I like your idea Vagabond.

Actually, we have several ideas to consider/pursue to keep Debate Forum life interesting after the tournament:

1. Rules revisions
2.Team debates
3. 3-way debates
4. Verbal debates (podcast or live)
5. Vagabond's "free-for-all" debates

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

I do, too.

It would be better if the donut was chocolate with chocolate icing, though.
Sprinkles and white icing don't always equate with "danger"....but chocolate....you know that isn't good for you and could hurt you.

Heike, I like the idea of the "live/verbal debates" and the team debates. Those would be fun.

[edit on 3/19/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Agreed. Chocolate with Chocolate Icing has the desired negative connotation of being "dangerous". Kind of like the small, black Espresso shots

I like where your head is at Skep.

- Carrot

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
....but chocolate....you know that isn't good for you and could hurt you.

Indeed.

Beware the chocolate....

new topics

top topics

<< 585  586  587    589  590  591 >>

join