It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 586
<< 583  584  585    587  588  589 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Supercertari

dear me you are quick

…… off to read it

@twisi
i would be dissapointed if we couldn.t see the guys in person

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Right now, I am more excited about your shoe debate! Yay! Some light, fun reading in the middle of the tourney.

I am super-lollygag mode today. So much so, I might start talking about eggs again

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

yup i am excited about the shoes as well

and i don.t mind you talking about eggs in german it is also a synonym for balls

i am going to d a new avatar to support the shoe debate

and the guys are looking great !

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Wait....a shoe debate?

That's an interesting one!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Yes....

Debates concerning chocolate, facials, manis and pedis, jewelry, purses, and various spa treatments are forthcoming.

The women are taking over.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
The women are taking over.

I wouldn't go that far.

I guess I'll have to get a sports themed round of debates scheduled or something....

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I was just joking.

We aren't taking over.....yet.

But, we do reserve the option to try at a later date.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

modern girls might take advantage

but we won.t tell the guys when!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Prepare yourselves to join me on the banks of the Nile and the Jordan, the plains of Spain and the rolling hills of Ireland. In fact, consider how many pairs of shoes you will need for such a journey and seize your fundamental right my sisters be liberated and go now buy shoes!

THAT is my favorite

Great Opening Super

- Carrot

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The shoes really are an excellent (and well worded) topic. There are relatively sophisticated arguments on both sides, and there are both literal and philosophical implications to play with.

But believe it or not, I actually think if I was going to debate that (especially against a woman) i'd want the pro.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Pub

What a wonderful day! We finally get pics of the guys on the road, Super is learning to wear heels while referencing medieval theologians, orange-light will be arguing the completely wrong-headed notion that shoe-shopping is an inessential pursuit, and TWISI will give us more egg recipes

Yay!

edit: and to top it all off, Carrot is coming around to the idea that the problem just might be the dentist not the tooth

[edit on 3/18/2009 by americandingbat]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
By the way guys, I've been kicking around an idea for an informal debate structure, and I was wondering if any of you who are now out of the tournament (or fear that you may be eventually) would like to join me in a trial of it whenever I'm out of the tournament.

Basically, a very broad topic is stipulated, perhaps even as broad as, "What will the world be like in 2100?"

Any fighter (or perhaps any fighter within a designated candidate group in some cases) may chime in whenever they like, in no particular order and without invitation, except that nobody may make two consecutive posts.

In your first post, you MAY explicitly state your position- if you are assuming one (you can participate in a strict feedback capacity without assuming a position), preferably in a sentence, maybe in a small paragraph.

In ALL posts, you MAY state or elaborate on your position, you MUST address at least one point in the post immediately preceeding yours, you MAY address as much as you like of ONLY ONE other post.

The debate continues for as long as it continues and there is no official judging.

Upon the motion of any participating fighter which is not opposed by another within 48 hours, or upon the ruling of a debate moderator, the debate may be concluded, at which point every fighter who wishes to recieve ranking points for the event (if any are offered) must post a summary stating either that they maintain their original position, have been converted to the position of another, or would like to submit a compromise position (which following summaries may choose to endorse).

Basically the idea is to apply the same basic approach as we always do in debates (including socratic questions), but in a cooperative search for ANY answer rather than competitive advocacy of ONE answer, and everyone who participates gets the point reward, if any, (and maybe if someone's position achieves concensus they get a special bonus).

Ideas, Criticisms, glowing praise, snide remarks?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Hmm..

So it kind of sounds to me like a much more formal version of the discussion that already take place at ATS.

Kind of like a mesh between a regular old thread and a formal debate.

Am I reading you right on that?

Seems promising to me.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
and to top it all off, Carrot is coming around to the idea that the problem just might be the dentist not the tooth

Lol. Well it HAS to be the Dentist. I went in a few months ago for a chipped tooth to be repaired, and have been going back ever since. I've had 2 root canal's done, and 6 fillings in the past 5 months. Looks a little on the suspicious side, being that I've always had really good teeth.. And I don't eat sugar and sweets the way that i used to.

Just makes me wonder, that's all....

Vagabond - I like the idea, and think it would offer some interesting interaction between everyone...

- Carrot

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I think that would be a very interesting idea to see in action. I get fed up with many of the threads on ATS that I'm interested in because daft people jump in with some ridiculous claim, so a thread with open debate but with semi-formal expectations of properly constructed/referenced responses would be great. I consider the contributors in the pub to have a modicum of intelligence.

One slight problem might be how verbose we are, and a thread could take years to read but worth a go despite that.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

It does sound kind of like ATS threads only without the crazies......or at least, some of them.

....looks knowingly around the pub and :shk: sadly at a few crazies ......

It sounds interesting, though, and a departure from the one-on-one debates. I like it.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
Pub

What a wonderful day!

and the sun was shining too!

i would love to see a picture of supercertari in his stillettos!

@carrot: anything new from the dentist?

@vagabond:
sounds intersting

will have to think a little about it while counting y shoes
aka for the next couple of days!

@skeppy

crazies? at the pub? no way!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Well, two of them are on a road trip with Ian.

But, there are other crazies still here. Don't doubt it.

[edit on 3/18/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
*sidles up to the bar, being very busy not writing closing*

*looks sideways at Skeppie*

*whispers to orange*

Why does Skep keep shaking her head at me?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

*whispers back*

i don.t know twisi, i really don.t know
and i don.t know what skeppy is talking about!

crazies here at the FCP?
no way

you are doing great in not writing!
perfect!
tje nest non-written closing i have ever seen

*talks loud again*

erm skeppy
to whom else are you refering?

doesn.t the title fighter imply sanity?
i mean, i was tested very carefully before gaining fighter status!

you must know by yourself about all the blood tests, CTs, xrays and all the other stuff!

new topics

top topics

<< 583  584  585    587  588  589 >>

join