It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 565
<< 562  563  564    566  567  568 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I actually had to look up 'screed'; I had glossed over it in the debate as I assumed contextual meaning but found the need to look it up here...

Learn something new everyday...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
reply to post by MemoryShock

May as well burn the extension early- inevitable they may be, but some of my screeds take more time than others.

'screed' - great word!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
'screed' - great word!

There's new words in the last decade. What about, "malcompetance"?

"Sorry, no dictionaries indexed in the selected category contain the word malcompetance."

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

shouldn't it be "incompetence"?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Bush joke. Sorry, I've been in the political threads today.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I just googled it. I like it as a description for Bush. But political threads are bad for your heart.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Main Entry: screed
Pronunciation: \ˈskrēd\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English screde fragment, alteration of Old English scrēade — more at shred
Date: circa 1789
1 a: a lengthy discourse b: an informal piece of writing (as a personal letter) c: a ranting piece of writing

emphasis mine, just as it was when I used it here in my opening.

The very same opening The Vagabond apparently needs an extension to address.

*decides to goad the Giant even more*

I guess all that talk of throat slitting and an opening that was due any moment was ...

[edit on 10-3-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
... just as it was when I used it here in my opening... The opening the very same opening The Vagabond needs an extension to address.

*decides to goad the Giant even more

THAT'S bold TWISI. Can I interest you in a:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

It is a foregone conclusion that I am going down, but will point out that The Giant appears a bit shorter in stature.

Hence, I dance on that grave's instrument you have proffered, and celebrate my victories when and where I can.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Good comeback, Skeppy. Just remember the old saying about age, cunning, and treachery ...

Oh, and by the way, the ball is back in your court.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

And yes, it does annoy the heck out of me when ordinary people repeat the lies they've been told and influence other people to believe the propaganda.

Maybe you should work for Carls Jr.?

Just because you feel a certain way about an issue dose'nt make you right, it makes you righteous. In small doses, it is harmless, even amusing at times, especially when you get all worked up.

Sounds like your mind is closed to anything but Yay meat! Its all good I may be wrong in my beliefs, when it comes to meat eating, but then again so might you.

Lets just agree to disagree, OK, is that alright buddy? I don't want to invoke another tantrum.Lets be friends, come on pal, I'll get you some relaxatives.....

Your O.K. in my book big guy/girl(not sure which it is, I think probably a guy though

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wormwood13

Heike is indeed a she...

And I think that through all of the data on both sides of the coin both of you are right...for a couple of reasons.

Human genetics has evolved throughout various regions of the world and with various diets - some more meaty in nature and others more veggie in nature (Japanese with their primarily fish and rice diet are not necessarily meat eaters). This means that dependent on the genetic composition the correct diet for an individual will not necessarily be the correct diet for another.

The other reason is that health is not a static physical condition, rather it is a mixture of physical and psychological..so an inherent belief one way or another will effect the how the individual copes with various diets. In some cases, I would even suggest that the psychological aspect trumps far and away a strictly physical application.

So continue trumpeting the virtues of either or not...just keep in mind that not everything is going to correspond to a static set of variables.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Heike is indeed a she...

And I was surprised to find her name is not pronounced with a long 'e' vowel sound at the end, but rather is pronounced "HĪK-ə".

I have been practicing re-learning that when I see her posts, lest I at some point incur her wrath.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I was surprised at the pronunciation as well...for those interested, Heike herself here within the first few minutes...

A few in this forum may be surprised...-cough-TWISI-cough-

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Despite the fact my common sense causes me to find the topic irksome from a debate stand point I was looking forward to seeing how things panned out . Since the issue itself has been discussed elsewhere on the boards all I am going to say is that the difference between censorship and censoring made the pro side of the debate winnable . Whether or not common sense should over ride the nature of such a topic is another matter entirely.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Good morning everyone!

Hmm, I seem to be waking up twice a day recently. I suppose that's normal for tournament season.

Just stopping by for a cup of coffee:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

are you excited about the tournament ian?

relax

your coffee:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Morning everyone.

Anything interested going on?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Just watching the wrap-up of the "PIFTS.EXE" thread. Interesting stuff, from a variety of angles. Also frustrating, listening to people immediately jump to the wrong conclusions regarding technical matters.

I don't have a problem with people being paranoid, I just have a problem with people not being paranoid about the right things.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Agreed.

I had actually read through that thread last night, but haven't followed it since. Seemed to be interesting stuff, but I've been trying to take it easy lately and have mainly been on BTS.

Debating chissler again is wearing me out.

Something about the way the two of us debate is like a full speed train wreck.

top topics

<< 562  563  564    566  567  568 >>

join