It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 560
<< 557  558  559    561  562  563 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Thanks for the heads up. I don't track FCP always.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

Me too more often than not, but since at the moment I'm off work and I've got a pretty gnarly cut detering me from doing all that much, don't be surprised if I break my usual habbit of posting at the last minute.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

Feisty...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Wait a second - midnight PST or midnight PDT???

*ducks*

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Wait a second - midnight PST or midnight PDT???

*ducks*

-Sighs-

I can play this as well..

Wait a second - *ducks* or *winces at the percieved backlash, that may or may not be forthcoming, in the form of an intentionally arranged pixelated pattern as retribution for a weak attempt to posture in the face of an unintentional error which many would have had the decency to overlook*.

I'm ready for that rematch when you are...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6ccbbfc2c19.jpg[/atsimg]

This is the avatar of some other member, and you have misused it. Mods, get to your duty and do the needy. He used a avatar image without permission of the user.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
... that may or may not be forthcoming, in the form of an intentionally arranged pixelated pattern as retribution for a weak attempt to posture in the face of an unintentional error which many would have had the decency to overlook*.

Ian, you take the "pro" ...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
My first reply in the second round is up. What a great topic we've been offered. My first round topic was one that really stirred a lot of discussion from me at work and with peers. I suspect this second round topic will end up with the same. Which is exactly what I look for in a topic.

I love when I read it and it really makes me think.

We're in for a great one!

Back to you, nyk!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Huh? Pro? What? There's eight or nine prepositional subclauses in that sentence, I'm still trying to figure out what the heck he was saying.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Exactly.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Huh? Pro? What? There's eight or nine prepositional subclauses in that sentence, I'm still trying to figure out what the heck he was saying.

Now I know how to phrase my Socratic Questions if and when we meet again...

Glad you like the topic, chissler...

[edit on Mon, 09 Mar 2009 20:23:59 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Now I know how to phrase my Socratic Questions if and when we meet again...

That would indeed be interesting. I know the judges and audience are always swayed by confused rhetoric; they live for that stuff.

I'm a little surprised that you haven't issued a formal challenge over the past 5 months, to claim the 'champion' title that has to date eluded you. By the rules, I would have had to accept, or forfeit the title, you know.

It's a mystery, and especially confusing, considering how obviously unintimidated you are.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I'm a little surprised that you haven't issued a formal challenge over the past 5 months, to claim the 'champion' title that has to date eluded you.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I picture that debate as something like this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/295e70d38deb.jpg[/atsimg]

But that's just me.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I'm a little surprised that you haven't issued a formal challenge over the past 5 months, to claim the 'champion' title that has to date eluded you. By the rules, I would have had to accept, or forfeit the title, you know.

It's a mystery, and especially confusing, considering how obviously unintimidated you are.

I was conflicted for several reasons...I wanted to give you some time after the tournament and also it just didn't seem right to snag the title from you after you had just gotten it...especially since I worked so damn hard pestering Bill for the redesign (which is a small thing for sure but something that is so not on his priority list I was half surprised when he actually did it...
)

And I was tired from my string of debates with Schro, Sky, Vag and finally chissler...so I wanted to relax. Besides...the banner, in my opinion, means a lot more if you win it through tournament play...a win streak of five is an irrefutable case for Champion status.

I am mildly amused to be one of the non champs in the top five...and it is possible that I will be the only on in the top five without such a distinction after this round. I think the only person who can actually pass me in the rankings this tournament is The Vagabond...but a few of you guys are competing for top five status.

At any rate...that is part of the reason why i have already declared my intention to participate in the next tournament...I want the distinction...

On a side note....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2612359a003.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The first shot glass has left the sling!

I really wanted to hold out until 12, but it was cutting too far into my drinking hours.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
I really wanted to hold out until 12, but it was cutting too far into my drinking hours.

Spoken Like A True Fighter...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Hey, Skeppy ...

It's your turn again!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Hey Heike....

My 1st response is up.

It is your turn again.

[edit on 3/9/2009 by skeptic1]