It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Titorite, sorry to hear of your distress; Though it may be no practical condolence, I'm sure there many beneficial changes that could be wrought from this current economic chaos, too. That's the interesting thing about chaos: the promise of change. Chin up.

Max, did I just hear you argue that corporations aren't directly relevant to the economy, but rather are subordinate social constructs? Like Kings and Queens? Oh boy...

MemoryShock, just to mention I thought of an interesting topic, during the course of my debate with Semper: "The Current Frequency Of Diabetes Is A Result Of The Modern 'Chemical Lifestyle'." I haven't done enough research to see how balanced the supporting research for each side is, but I think it could be a good one. For some reason it just occured to me again, and I wanted to make sure it got on whatever mysterious 'list' you have of debate topics / old pieces of bubble-gum.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
post to turn page.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

So we're NOT flailing titorite?
Let me see if I can get a refund.

Ian, I usd your trick to read the mystery posts at the end of the page. Nice.

nyk, Ian has a trick for that.

[edit on 10/7/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

MS: "Blossom Goodchild is channeling the GFL and they are showing up Oct. 14th"
SDog will be arguing the pro position.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
For the last year My brother in law has had a dream. After years of dedicated service to the Austin EMS (With one of the Highest save rates mind you) he wanted to go to medical school. Now he is a bit older and we all know medical school is long but thanks to medical loop holes you can get your US acceptable medical degree from the Commonwealth of Dominica in about two years and do your residency here in america. He could be practicing pediatrics with in three years.

Too achieve this dream we have spent thousands of dollars and hours remodeling his house for resale. The plan was to live off the sale of the house and the 401K. Now even if the house did not sell the 401 should of been able to carry them for at least the first year.

He was supposed to leave this December. My sister closed her architectural design business. The house is up for sale. The kids have all their shots. Everyone has their passports visas everything is ready to go...

OH WAIT THAT 75K THEY WERE COUNTING ON IS GONE AND THAT HOUSE IS NOT EVEN GETTING SHOWN DESPITE VERY COMPETENT REAL ESTATE AGENTS!!!

On my side their is a small inheritance. A good portion of it has already been invested into buying 10+ acres of land because I am not gonna stick around for the silly stuff. Homesteading is the life for me! (Thats MY dream) But Some of the cushion I was going to rely on now may need to go to my brother in law to help him achieve his dream, which everyone in my family has been working toward. (I mean come on, every survivalist could use a doctor in the family)

So god knows what is going to happen...I do know I am not gonna listen to Dave Ramsy anymore.

I am just gonna put on my tinfoil hat and watch the ticker fall and wait for the bank to call me back about the loan because If they say no then that means I either apply my total inheritance to the land purchase or I go into the fresh and exiting career of blood and sperm donation.....I don't know...

WHERES MY TIN FOIL HAT!!!!!!

And why is my keyboard sticking...???EWWWWWW This is a gross conspiracy!!!!

[edit on 7-10-2008 by titorite]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Here ya go:

Sorry bout yesterday, I thought an asteroid was heading for my head.
Hope everything works out for you and yours.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

AWESOME!!!

I shall wear it as I hunt the Corp. execs in the gyms they hide out in... If that one fella was able to find the Lehman exec then I am sure I can find mine!

Thank you

God, an Asteroid would of at least provided a good excuse for me to go grab them and get the hell out dodge... this death by economic attrition is hell

[edit on 7-10-2008 by titorite]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the suggestion Ian...I had noted it in the debate...

And kudos if you can find the Bertrand Russell quote containing the word 'Chasm' that inspired two of the debate topics...

Titorite: Sorry for your troubles...Good Luck...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I really hope things will turn around for you and your loved ones soon. I can sympathize strongly with your plight.

Whenever you are feel up to the distraction, I'll gladly offer you the opportunity to debate me into the ground (well, maybe not completely.)

Best of luck, I am rooting for you.

MM

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

Max, did I just hear you argue that corporations aren't directly relevant to the economy, but rather are subordinate social constructs? Like Kings and Queens? Oh boy...

OK, I'll admit, that was not worded correctly; however once foot is in mouth, extractions is difficult! I guess it stems from all this anti-corporate ambience. (and a bit of a hasty post)

But I was prepared to defend the notional reference.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

And kudos if you can find the Bertrand Russell quote containing the word 'Chasm' that inspired two of the debate topics...

I might be able to find them

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Starting to get excited for the next round here.

Everyone has really stepped their game up during this tournament. Things will only get more difficult.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I really hope everything works out for you!!!!

Semper

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Sheesh. Politics, a bad economy and ATS don't mix.

Don't mind me, folks. I'm here to drink away the pain.

This evening I will be pouring Long Island Iced Teas.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

I'll have one as well...

Stopping by the pub so that everyone knows that I haven't forgot about the tourney...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

One Long Island Iced Tea coming up!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

That sucks BIG time. I hope everything works out for your family titorite.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Sheesh. Politics, a bad economy and ATS don't mix.

No kidding,
Look what it's done to the poor hamster.

Couple of zanax in my tea please.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I'm not a vet, but I think your poor *coughzombiecough* hamster needs to be put out of his misery.

Nonetheless, enjoy your drink. Cheers!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Yikes that's scary... he looks glazed and broiled!

May I recommend:

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join