It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 524
<< 521  522  523    525  526  527 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

I grow weary of explaining myself and our actions as well...but then again....that's kind of what I signed up to keep doing.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
Hey, everyone!!!

I have been gone for awhile, busy doing jury duty and this week doing Red Cross volunteer Disaster management training,

Anyway, they let us out early and I wanted to say HI.

Glad you stopped by
Jury duty is pretty miserable unless you actually get picked. I found the trial process to be rather interesting. But then I'm a nerd

For the record, I refuse to discuss anything from the monster thread in here until the dust settles. Which it will, eventually

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It wasn't so bad, last time I did jury duty - 3 years ago, I was the foreman on a criminal case, this time jury duty was in civil cases.

I am not a class person, so this week of long days of classes were a little boring to me. Tomorrow though - only an afternoon class of "International Humanitarian Red Cross". That should be cool, I have wanted to get "certified" for going International.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Thats awesome qa, you can be on the inside and keep truly informed.

hey what is DISK???

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Awww, I'm sorry. Maybe you can keep in closer touch now ... you know, distance makes the heart grow fonder, and all that. Vidcam on the PC maybe?

Don't be too sad, I'm sure he'll return.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Heike, I am with you all the way down the line with your as ever eleoquent 'pot' posts -- you know how I appreciate your rants -- but this time you have gone too far:

And you name me one, just ONE actual BENEFIT (and I don't mean the "buzz") from drinking alcohol.

Okay, here's one, moderate regular consumption of alcohol reduces heart disease, and there's more where that came from. Have we had an alcohol debate around here yet?

If not, we should.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I left the thread out of respect for you guys. I'll keep reading it maybe but I won't post there again.

Okay TWISI .. but there is a difference between drinking enough alcohol to get buzzed and having a nice glass of wine with dinner.

If you're drinking for the EFFECT,

If you're drinking for the taste (or the health benefits
),

Teetotalers are physically healthier than those who drink alcohol.

orange, you take the PRO ....

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Sorry about your son, heading out! I know I look at my daughter everyday and completely appreciate her and my time with her, because one day it will end..... at least she is only 9 right now, but I still think about it.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Uh oh.... I sense a disturbance in the force....

NEW DEBATE TOPIC:

"What Good is alcohol anyway?"

Alcohol, despite it's presence in human culture throughout history, can never be said to have been a 'benefit' to mankind.

Is that what I'm hearing in the wind?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
I left the thread out of respect for you guys.

Speaking for myself, out of respect for us: please keep voicing your opinion, as you see fit. I may or may not agree with you, but you express yourself well, with honesty, and I appreciate the perspective you bring.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Hear!! Hear!!

EDIT TO ADD:

@Max - And my dream team for that dream debate would be Skyfloating on Pro, Mem on Con... just to mix it up a little

[edit on 26-2-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

welcome back questioningall

jury duty: please educate me girls!

reply to post by Heike

nope heike
that is your challenge

twisi is taking con

and i am taking the champange

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

You don't have jury duty there?

It is where we have to go to court and listen to either someone who the govt is saying they did a crime, and you are one of 12 people who decide if you think they did the crime or not. If you do think so, that person goes to jail - if you don't think so, they go free.

In civil court, someone is suing someone else for money, or something like that - over something they percieve is wrong.... anyway, 12 people still make a decision on who they think is "right or wrong".

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

It seems my mysterious edit above may quieted the patrons. It was benign, I thought I was 'flipping the page' for our B-day Boy. Twas not the case, but it is still his b-day!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Looks like the pub is empty?

As for my Sweet son, I am making him an atsaccount, and we can stay in touch through the media center, it is not like having him home, but at least we can share pictures and connect.

I really want him to stay current on all of the worldly stuff he simply ignores, or waits for me to inform him of.

Weird so many people tout off on how people can have their kids reading this site, but you know I trust he knows the trash from the treaures and he also kows that I have always given him a heads up to the stuff I learn. Yes he knows I am paranoid to an extent, but in a good way you know?

Anyway thank you guys for the love and support, I guess I freaked a bit finding out today that he was leaving.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I'm here.

That's a nice idea for you two to stay connected.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Well how about a nice hot tody in front of the fire together ?
I am getting ready to go to bed, so a night cap would be nice...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

"What Good is alcohol anyway?"

I'd like a piece of that debate.

I'm relatively new to this site and just wanted to say hello to all of the other fighters out there. Until we meet again...

wormwoodXIII

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

as it is shown on tv ?

i see

so it is really a different system as in germany

good morning pub

i am starting a child free weekend again
son will be with his dad - yay

@ian and dingbat
the drain is fixed again

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Morning OL - glad you got your drain sorted

PUB
The process in the SO thread is starting to look like the european nation (before WW2, poland I think?) where before any decision could be taken everyone had to be in agreement - in other words various groups with different interests had to come to a unanimous vote before anything got done.

It's giving me a headache

Frankly, if I don't get nominated it will be a relief - but if I do, of course I will do the job to the best of my ability.

top topics

<< 521  522  523    525  526  527 >>

join