It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Back with resupply of alcoholic beverages............

Warning to all: do not ask Oz for a 'Dark & Stormy'... you might get more than you bargained for

I have never seen a little paper umbrella project energy beams before...

Ah, "Le Pun Juste"

What shall we drink then?
Apparently he's out of Akvavit.
I know, I couldn't believe it either.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I am quite mad at a few ats folks You know the trollsome type!!! They have been arguing ridiculous topics that I have told them I will not change my mind about.. I offered them a link to this thread to debate stuff but they did not take me up on it..... so Now I am an angry debater!!!

WHO WANTS TO CHALLENGE ME?!?!

Come on just for fun, send me the U2U and offer up you challenge.
I could use the mental work out.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Well some of us are in mid-debate the rest are usually drunk by now.
You can always pick on future fighters here.

Do you have any Akvavit?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well I can certainly understand that feeling.... and I've read the threads. There's never a 'compelling reason' to demand a debate, however, the challenge alone is enough, eh?

So, I'm wonder who will take the challenge? C'mon, he's got a hood covering his entire mouth, judging from the avatar! Perhaps a challenge on the public thread if there's no takers?

As to what S-Dog said: seconded

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

*sigh* There is never a good excuse why a someone should have to plead for a debate around here. Forget the u2u, I'm will gladly offer up an opportunity for you.

Problem is; topic. Shall we discuss the philosophical nature of irony? You start, I'll just nod politely.

(thanks Ian for waking me from my Fed-induced stupor).

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hum, my opponent has missed her deadline by more than an hour.
Wow do I proceed?

edit: Ah, there she is. Fashionably late. Whachagonnado?

[edit on 10/3/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Has it been more than 24 hours already?!?! Noooo.. Yeah I know that most are already mid debate. So far the only person I debated was Andrew E Wiggins so I am pretty low on the totem pole...

The topic of irony might be fun to debate although I am not sure how The pro and con positions would be fleshed out...

And for the record I never felt that I was pleading for a challenge more like inviting a challenge..... I'm just looking for my huckleberry.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Ok, first of all you cannot mention the name AEW in here.
It makes MemoryShock break out in hives of anger and he sweats from his shoulders and elbows.
Even more than the usual.
And we suffer for it.

Now, did you try the public fight forum as suggested?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Ummm noooo I thought this was the correct forum.... I am as new as a babe to the debate thing here... as I said I only had one debate with you know who.

So maybe a link( forgive me if the link was posted and I missed it)?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I thought Maxmars accepted the challenge, titorite?

And you already have Fighter status, so you are in the right place...

Though the "Public Fight Club" is also a place to find newbies; it just takes longer there. Anyway, let's see if Maxmars wants to go...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Third post at the top of this page.

Or if you can hold your momentum for a little, I'll be happy to debate you when I'm done with the tournament.

What do you propose as a wager?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I saw the acceptance too memoryshock the only thing is I did not understand the pro vrs con position regarding "the philosophical nature of irony?"

I mean the topic sounds more philosophical in nature....

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Hmmm Schorder you seem like you would be a very fun opponent to debate... Yes I can wait.... As for my wager? I would wager what I can.... one point I believe.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
I saw the acceptance too memoryshock the only thing is I did not understand the pro vrs con position regarding "the philosophical nature of irony?"

I mean the topic sounds more philosophical in nature....

The topic, as I gather, was a sugestion. It should still be up for negotiation. Of course, a random topic chosen by either semperfortis or myself is still an option as well...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
titorite, before you go answering MS, please consider that he like maxmars MIGHT be testing you "irony" detecting skills.

It's the way we vet people here.

edit: Either that or he just accepted your challenge.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Well since I am issuing the challenge I think it would be fair for my opponent to choose the topic or choose the randomization of yourself or sempirfortis.. All I ask is for the sides of the issue to be clear...I used to spend lots of hours in the MSN philosophy chat rooms and While talking philosophy is fun it is not quite the same as formal debate in my opinion

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I would suggest a more clearly defined topic, however the choice is of course between the two of you...

I will be more than happy to pick a topic for your debate if you so choose.

Just U2U me and let me know please...

Semper

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Titorite, since you're the newest fighter present, I suggest you grab the bartender's towel and start your shift.

I'll have a mojito start off the evening.

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Ok can do. Just point me towards the spills and I shall get to wiping and mopping.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Boy..., you step away to watch the legislatorial kabuki for a minute, and I miss everybody talking! I really have to learn to multitask.

The "Irony" statement was a lame (very lame) joke.

Semper, would you do the honors? I would ask MS but I hear he's still spasming from the mention of ... that name ...

I am ready to stand my ground... now... where is it I stand?

(Seriously, sorry for the lag in response.)

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join