It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 506
<< 503  504  505    507  508  509 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

Ask and you shall receive....

nYk's Famous Bourbon Balls

1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 lb confectioners' sugar
3-5 Tablespoons bourbon (I use 5, preferably Makers Mark)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup finely ground pecans

Combined softened butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth.

Add the bourbon and vanilla and mix until incorporated.

Add the nuts and mix thoroughly.

Roll the candy into 1-inch balls. Set in refrigerator until firm, then transfer to a Ziploc freezer bag and place in the freezer for a few hours or overnight.

Next we dip them in the chocolate....

4 to 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
30 -50 whole pecan halves, for garnish

Place a toothpick in each bourbon ball, sticking the toothpick into the center.

Melt chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave or a double boiler. Mix and heat until smooth.

Working quickly, dip the bourbon ball centers into the chocolate one at a time. Tap the toothpick against the side of the bowl to shake off excess chocolate. Set the coated bourbon ball on waxed paper covering a baking sheet or pizza pan. With another toothpick push the bourbon ball gently from the toothpick and cover the spot where it was with a pecan half.

There you go!

Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Nyk, I'm gonna be borrowing that recipe for Christmas Baking!!

I have a recipe for Rum Balls - but they don't taste nearly as great as your recipe sounds. A pound of Sugar sounds like a lot but I'll be sure to give it a try.

- Carrot

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Thanks! I always love when people use my recipes.

It is quite a bit (and feel free to scale that back to 3/4 lb if you wish), but keep in mind this recipe will yield 3-4 dozen balls and they are supposed to be sweet.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I will also be making these next Christmas. I wonder how many you could eat before you start getting a buzz?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

More than you would want to, that's for sure.

There is only about one drinks worth spread between the entire recipe, so you'd have to eat a TON of them.

The best way to eat them is with an additional glass of bourbon to wash them down.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
[edit on 23-2-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Looks good TWISI but that's probably supposed to be "illusion" not "allusion"

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I think you meant to post this in your debate thread... Have you been taking lessons from me???

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I would say its alll in the making of them! Remember that I Love Lucy where she plays the Vitavegemetamin girl? Oh I loved that one it was so funny! Shes doing the commercial for the 'tonic' and has to do it so many times she gets completly schnockered in the process and blows it in the end as usual.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
@Heike -- Ummm... I meant that he was alluding to a criminal aspect to RFID with his previous links, but perhpas I did not structure the sentence properly. Either way it is too late now as it is up!

@Antar - Some of us preview post here because the 'preview post button' does not work. I try to get it up and down as fast as I can though because I am uncomfortable about it. And also not savvy enough to turn my u2u window into a full-frame and bb dynamic preview place -- this alludes (?) to an old coversation we had around here and Our Beloved Debate Champion Ian McClean's solution.

I would just like to take a moment and say "Yahoo! I finished my first tourney debate!" I also think it is the 'tidiest' job I have managed to date. I struggle with the turning language into a left brain construct that debate strategy seems to require... but I 'soldier' on and I don't mean toast :p

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Congratulations.

I'll go check it out and get my closing up tonight.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Thank you for the congrats, and thanks again for restraining your natural speed yesterday. It was, and is, greatly appreciated.

Now, go get me!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
reply to post by enjoies05

Thank you for the congrats, and thanks again for restraining your natural speed yesterday. It was, and is, greatly appreciated.

Now, go get me!

Welcome to the National Sarcasm Society

We're so happy you joined us.

[edit on 23 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thank you! Happy to be a member of any club that will have me, as I think my participation here indicates.

(Now let's stop editing and move forward into our bright future).

[edit on 23-2-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I edited "passive aggressive" out and you edited your response which was actually funny as heck. I was actually in the process of editing it back in so that your response makes sense and thankfully I checked first. I only took it out cause I though you were miffed.

[edit on 23 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hi everyone!

I just finished reading Freedom Under Seige by Ron Paul. I can't believe Ron Paul. He was arguing for the same things that he was arguing that he is arguing today during the days of the cold war...

I can't believe him. He is an incredible person- my hero... just about the only honest man in Washington.

Yes, anyways, what's up?

o_o

I'm doing well...

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hooray... in their usual superhuman fashion, MemoryShock and Semperfortis have found a way to resuscitate my stalled debate by adding new blood into the mix.

Thank you xpert11. Way to pick up the ball!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
get my closing up tonight.

Well, that's not happening

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I just saw 9:11 on the clock.

I see that time way too often. I think it's a conspiracy of some sorts.

new topics

top topics

<< 503  504  505    507  508  509 >>

join