It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 492
<< 489  490  491    493  494  495 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

I kept getting sidetracked whilst making mine last night.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I've been there...it was usually Rum that got me going...and then only a few paragraphs here and there until I had something that I could be comfortable attaching my name to.

Or a nap...

Now that the rum is out, I am not sure how I would motivate myself...probably pounding an energy drink and taking advantage of boost until the inevitable crash...

Good luck...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Yes. Just start typing. Sometimes a good place to start is to take a snippet of your opponent's last reply, then vent-type a rant about how ignorant, deluded, and just plain stupid it is. Go from there. It's a good starting point, to set your mood, and you can trim out the over-the-top bits later.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Rum is out?! What?! Did you sober up too? I swear, we're going to have to do a head count around here of teetotalers to drunks, and based the numbers perhaps begin to call this place simply "The FC".

(j/k... if you do not want to be, and are happy about, not drinking then no one is happier for you than me)

@ IAN - Now that's some good advice! Thanks! You are not the Champ for no reason.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
Rum is out?! What?! Did you sober up too?

Yeah...I needed to. It got to the point that I couldn't sleep sober and didn't feel normal without intoxication...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Rum is out?! What?! Did you sober up too?

Yeah...I needed to. It got to the point that I couldn't sleep sober and didn't feel normal without intoxication...

... and that is bad... because? I'm not following you...

joking again, good for you!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
"Good morning"? You people keep strange hours, my poor head is getting confuddled - us merry Englanders have a full day behind us.

My full day was doing my chores then sitting looking at my computer and thinking "erm...." only as the sun set did a modicum of inspiration hit me.

Now I'm tired - is that normal? I've spent the best part of three days writing about 10 tightly spaced pages of debate text. I have chuckled sometimes thinking about how my supervisor at uni used to have to beat me to pulp to get me to write the same over the course of three months.
I am now posting my last reply before the dawn brings me to my concluding remarks.

Anyhoo ... good day to you all. I laughed heartily at that song - despite disapproving of potty mouth language I did find the funniest part was when T-Pain was doing that lovely harmonising of the naughty word for Oedipus. I must caution myself not to wander around tomorrow singing it to myself (or to anyone else for that matter.)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Are there any guidelines, words of wisdom, ideas for how one gets oneself to DEBATE POST WHEN IT IS THE LAST THING IN THE WORLD YOU WANT TO DO?

I'm in (on) the same boat today

I think I'm going to end up taking my extension, which is stupid since I'll be out of town most of the day tomorrow. But I just can't convince myself to write.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Supercertari

dont be to confused super

i am one hour ahead of you since i am german based

budski is on your time

dingbat and semper for example are just 5 hours behind you

ian vagabond and memory are 8 behind

and we don.t talk about OZ who is ahead of us all

time difference yicht

good stuff: somebody is around everytime

writing takes energy, i am not only tired, i could eat and eat and eat

so good night all

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Supercertari
Anyhoo ... good day to you all. I laughed heartily at that song - despite disapproving of potty mouth language I did find the funniest part was when T-Pain was doing that lovely harmonising of the naughty word for Oedipus. I must caution myself not to wander around tomorrow singing it to myself (or to anyone else for that matter.)

That was my favorite part as well...

I'm on a boat!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Sister! I am sorry you find yourself in the same spot. Honestly, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. It is an odd feeling, and one I hope is anomalous.

I have yet to write a word... but I did title the word doc I will use if ever I start.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Excellent job!

I will use the same document I've been using for my other posts. I have opened it, and inserted a page break

Now I think I'll go shopping.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

McClean you're good with code and junk ...

Why won't the "location" tag in the memcenter accept apostrophes?

(The punctuation not the French TV show.
)

I'm on a boat!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This isn't Sea World, This is as real as it gets!"

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Dunno. Perhaps it can tell you really are on the shore-oh?

Try this: Iߴm on a boat

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Are you three ever going to sail away on this boat or just keep it docked here to annoy the rest of us???

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The button I was refering to was the WATS button. You remember that, right? Before stars. Monthly bragging rights and all that jazz?

Anywho, I almost bought a boat once. A big wooden deal not unlike the Orca in JAWS. I was going to name it Driftwood. Then my uncle warned me of the maintenance that a wooden hull requires. I bought two cases of apricot brandy and dinner instead.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Is there a glossary for neophytes so we know what things like DATS and WATS are?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Supercertari

This is DATS; feel free to drop by anytime.

WATS is a now defunct "award" that use to be handed out on ATS for....something.

You are at the FCP.

And, that's about all I can think of now.....I am having a blonde day, it seems.

[edit on 2/21/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

What the heck is that?

<

I'm on a boat!

[edit on 21 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

new topics

top topics

<< 489  490  491    493  494  495 >>

join