It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 487
<< 484  485  486    488  489  490 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Thanks G,

Of course we still drink that.

If you haven't had Ouzo/7'up you haven't lived!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Put up my second post a few minutes ago.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Oh I have. I have attended a few Greek weddings through the years. Some of my worst hangovers came courtesy of that stuff.

Why does it have to taste so good?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Well like most things that taste good, they'll either give a headache or a tummy ache.

[edit on 20 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
1. My opponent did not answer my Socratic Question. What is the proper way to point this out in my next post?

There is no 'proper' way...be clever, blunt or accusatory...whichever way suits you...

2. My opponent posted an image and did not give the source of it, which means I can not go look at the source material and see where it's coming from .. Is this a valid point/objection, and if so, again what is the proper way to address it?

There is no actual rule stating that a link be supplied with the source. My advice would be to request the link...

The new ATSMedia hosting all ATS images policy should fix this as all images will be posted with a source url underneath as a courtesy...

Hope this helps...

Happy Birthday, Budski...and I for one am unimpressed with your eyes...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well, Super, tit for tat eh? Good job, you would have loved some of the expressions on my face during my first read-through of your post.
I don't think you'll like the response I just posted any better than I liked yours, though.

Thanks for answering my questions, I hope they'll be helpful to other fighters as well.

Happy Birthday, Budski! I'm sure, considering where we are, you'll forgive my not saying it sooner because I was caught up in writing my debate post.

Hmm, that new image policy is going to cramp our style a bit here in the FCP, isn't it? It seems like it would prevent us from using any copyrighted images in debate posts, since we would have to download them and then upload them to the ATS media site.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
MemoryShock, stick around for a bit if you can. MikeSingh may be joining us shortly.

Is there a debate spot open somewhere? I thought I read something earlier about that.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

Does he know you nicked his spot?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yep. In fact he posted in the debate thread that he was away at sea without internet for a few days. The post has been removed in the last few minutes, though.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
away at sea without internet

Like that's an excuse. There are such things as empty bottles. Especially here at the FCP. Gotta find some use for them.

link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

Well we miss Mike but I have to say you have stepped in admirably.

There's always a small chance that someone might drop out of the second round. That is btw is the way I found my way to the debate forum last tournament.

[edit on 20 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

link   
I'm around...I am not sure we can accomadate a spot for him at this point. There are two debates where it looks like a forfiet will occur but since opening arguments were passed it is no longer an easy decision to restart the debate.

Input from Ian and Maxmars would go a long way and as well, Mike may want to show up here in the pub to show that he is still interested and so forth...

Posting in the debate thread was not an endearing move, however...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
There's always a small chance that someone might drop out of the second round. That is btw the way I found my way to the debate forum last tournament.

I am of the opinion that if Mike wants to still be a part then he could remain as an alternate for the off chance that someone bails on the second round...other than that, I would love to see him in Challenge match season...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Well, I U2U'd him to meet us over here.

I also told him that'd be willing to step aside if he wanted to continue the existing argument I've begun. But I'm thinking better of that offer now. After all, it's not every tourney that one gets to go up against The Vagabond, y'know.

edit...edit...
[edit on 20-2-2009 by Tuning Spork]

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Well we miss Mike but I have to say you have stepped in admirably.

Thank you, S'Dog.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
Well, I U2U's him to meet us over here.

I hope he decides to join us.

I also told him that'd be willing to step aside if he wanted to continue the existing argument I've begun. But I'm better of that offer now. After all, it's not every tourney that one gets to go up against The Vagabond, y'know.

I do not support your stepping aside in this case...as much as I would like to see Mike throw down here...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Maybe we can have a Singh vs. Intrepid challenge match.

You know, just for yachts and giggles.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Maybe we can have a Singh vs. Intrepid challenge match.

You know, just for yachts and giggles.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Hey, I'm wondering what all of you think of my idea.

Why don't we allow for a debate to consist of back to back posts that aren't about a specific topic but we just have to make intelligent statements and use all of our characters?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Hey, I'm wondering what all of you think of my idea.

Why don't we allow for a debate to consist of back to back posts that aren't about a specific topic but we just have to make intelligent statements and use all of our characters?

I'm not sure I follow...kind of like an FCP but more verbose and less images?

top topics

<< 484  485  486    488  489  490 >>

join