It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 480
<< 477  478  479    481  482  483 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

And I am not sure I want to debate you any more...my brain would explode!

Just imagine how it felt inside the head that produced all that

I don't think I've ever actually caused anyone else's head to explode, though. It'll be an interesting goal if we ever do debate.

EDIT to agree with pretty much everything Ian said. As a judge, the only reason I'd follow a link is if I had a question about how the source was being used. I certainly don't think that linking a source in any way brings stuff from that source that's not explicitly used into play.

[edit on 2/19/09 by americandingbat]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Hey Pub

How is everyone? Just stopping by. Tournament certainly looks interesting, hopefully I'll have the time to participate in the next one. In the mean time, making a video (Series?) on Israel-Palestine that I hope everyone will find interesting. I'll post it on the ATS Media and my youtube when done.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by antar

You also messed up the "bold" bb code. Though if you send a U2U to semper or shock they will be happy to help with that.

Vodka is on its way!

Sent one to him earlier, but no reply and the post is 100% the best example for all time and eternity of how NOT to make a debate post, so maybe with that in mind, all things considered, it could be ok in the long run.

NOT! I feel so trapped by my own stupidity.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Mr shock, could you please help this nice young lady with the "bold" bb code error at the bottom of her post?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit: Thank you, now can you do the same for the italics?

Edit: Tank you tank you Mr Fortis. Not shock, fortis

[edit on 19 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Not sure it is correct, but I fixed it and it sure looks better

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hey, take it easy on yourself. We all make mistakes.

... and now you know why some of us test post here in the FCP.

(post your debate post here and check it. When you're happy with it, copy and paste it into the debate. Then delete it from the FCP and replace it with some inane comment .. no one will ever notice.)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Except those of us who refresh the FCP thread every 14 seconds; we get a special 'sneak-preview'.

Like that time ADB had all the quote tags messed up.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

I would say that was a REALLY bad idea

Every post has a "Preview Post" button, I would suggest using that.

[edit on 2/19/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
replace it with some inane comment .. no one will ever notice.)

Plaza De Toros Monumental. Gran Corrida de Toros!

Edit to add the edit tags below...

[edit on 19-2-2009 by MemoryShock]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I would say that was a REALLY bad idea

Every post has a "Preview Post" button, I would suggest using that.

There have been issues with the Preview Post button I have heard of and experienced once on my own...(Non-Debate Post)

Edit for Parenthesis Inclusive...

[edit on 19-2-2009 by MemoryShock]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
MOD FIGHT!

Edit: sigh, no fight.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

Like that time ADB had all the quote tags messed up.

And I suppose you've never missed a slash

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Rookie

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Test post deleted.
Look at that, got it in just 5 minutes ahead of the buzzer.

[edit on Fri Feb 20 2009 by The Vagabond]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
How Ironic.

Yeah, I prefer test posts. Double-editing with preview post goes kind of screwy as I remember, not to mention the crippling fear of forgetting or just clicking wrong.

Besides, almost everyone posts here after making a debate post, so you may as well just edit it over your testpost and there's no harm done.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Good morning fellow suppers!

I begin by saying to semperfortis "nerf said!" I would, of course, engage you in a water bomb fight but my only ballons are yellow and white collector's items from the pope's 1979 visit to Ireland. They might be appropriate though as your last view as you were smited would be "Totus Tuus".

Nice to see Heike's reply when I awoke this morning, my little brain already started formulating answers as I ate my toast and marmalade until the shudder of horror when I realised I'd bought the sort with bits in it instead of smooth - bleuch. I need something to cleanse the pallet - anything but Cointreau please!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
The problem with posting late at night as I often do is that you feel driven to keep checking back all night to see if anyone has starred your debate post yet. Judgement Day is far far away, but the desire for feedback is INSTANT.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I know the phenomenon of which you speak. I had to beat myself about the head last night to stop smiling like a foolish school kid when one of my posts was starred and I received applause from a moderator, for which I am very grateful.

It's definitely something that deserves some research, the psychological effect of remote approval by people we will (probably) never see let alone meet. Maybe a debate for the future "Star Hunger Is A Perfectly Mature Desire for Approval" - that would be fun, from either side.

If only it was like McDonald's and we could wear our stars on our name badges. Darn it - I'm going to go make myself one right now!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Supercertari
marmalade

Good morning, Supercentari! Well, I applaud you at least for your consistency in your dislike of Solid Orange... may this breakfast find you well! But this business with 'stars' and 'popularity' - what hogwash! The star system should of course only be used for indicating posts that are out of order, Alphabetically. Like any good Filing System, this board needs some indication for the moderators as to where their attentions should lie! Next you'll be telling us the flagging system isn't about prevailing winds. Remember, nautical safety is everyone's Responsibility!

I do like the nametag idea though.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Remember, nautical safety is everyone's Responsibility!

Except the submarine forces of the UK and france

new topics

top topics

<< 477  478  479    481  482  483 >>

join