It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 474
<< 471  472  473    475  476  477 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I don't expect too much trouble.

My daughter was awesome. She hardly ever stayed up all night and she virtually never cried. My son is doing good so far too. He never cries, and only stayed up all night last night because he slept all day.

These are the easy days. The older they get the more I worry.

Oy.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well, we're closing in on 24 hours since my post again and still no sign of wormwood13.

MS, perhaps you should get a hold of him again.

I'm not one to be a stickler for time because heaven knows it's always something with me that requires extra time.

I just want to make sure we keep moving.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

There are several of us twiddling our thumbs waiting for our opponents to show up....or, in some cases, our opponent's replacements.

Like you, I am ready get going again.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Absolutely.

That's the only bug within the tournament system in my opinion. We have all these new fighters, many of which never show up, and those that do don't adhere to the rules as well as they could.

I know that's part of the game though....we all had to start somewhere too.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

For next time it might be a good idea to do something like send out a mass u2u to all the people who get spots in the tournament a week or so before we begin, saying that if they don't respond by a certain time they will be replaced.

Because while I know that the last tournament round one was a pretty serious fiasco in terms of not-showing-up, we do have a number of newcomers this time around who are taking it very seriously and look to be excellent additions to the forum.

And as skeptic1 and Supercertari demonstrate, there were more on the wait list who were also really serious about joining and are ready to take on the responsibility.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Hey , I am right here... Quit talking about me!

Oh yeah and good morning friends!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Supercertari

Hello, Super! I certainly don't see that you're doing anything wrong, since you caused me to re-write portions of my opening.

I remember, during my first debate, wanting feedback just as you are now, and not getting much. When the debate is over we'll both get some feedback from the judges, and some of our colleagues will be more open to answering questions then, also. If this weren't a tournament, I'd try to be more helpful, but it is a tournament and I have a desire to make it to the next round.

I don't usually "skyfloat"* quite so much, but in this case I only had to tweak my opening and have my first response mostly written too, so I'm afraid the next post may come back at you rather quickly as well. Don't think that you need to keep up, take your time. You don't get any points for the hours out of your 24 that you don't use.

*skyfloating: an FCP term which refers to the practice of posting a response within a couple of hours - or even minutes (!!) of your opponent's post. Theories as to the reasons for this practice include getting/keeping the opponent off balance, boredom, and too much (spiked?) coffee.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Heike how can I thank you for your time spent with me last night? You are awesome. I do have a comp guy coming over to see where I went awry. So, maybe he can even help me find the lost pages! No matter I have a fresh new outlook today anyway, so, like I said in e- I will let you know what I discover about my system and why I couldnt seem to take your help and apply it. Love.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hi everyone!

I just took a test in my intro to sociology class.

I had to use my 24 hour extension to study for it!

What's up people?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

How you doing Frankie?

I like you vlogs. I haven't been able to muster up the courage or procure myself with proper lighting to do one of those.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I'm doing fine thanks!

I really like the vlog feature because it's like video podcasting and people can
see you and they react to you differently than if they didn't see you.

I'm doing my political ideology reading right now.

How are you doing?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I am in the same boat with the lighting. Of course, if I didn't live like a vampire, it might not be a problem.

I rarely, if ever, turn lights on.....and the ones I do have didn't do much to ease the shadows with the webcam.

[edit on 2/19/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

How are you doing?

I'm gooood.

Knee deep in Anonymous/Scientology lingo.

Why can't any of them talk like regular people?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

That's a good question.

I don't know... I don't pay attention to anonymous/scientology people.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
My comp guy just left, he is amazing, I saw him get POed for the first time knowing him. He said my comp is running like a 486, for you that understand. He walked out with one of my older comps and asked what I want to run xp or vista, I just cocked my head raised an eyebrow and asked which one he wants me to have,

I really wanted to share with you a funny moment when he opened up my comp to see what was bogging it all down when he see's
44SOULSLAYER" I watched him jump back surprised at me for the first time, I went on to explain how innocent 44ss really is...

Think about it, the names of all my friends on theforum...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

"SoulSlayer" indeed! I'm amused that took him aback; perhaps he was wondering why you were engaging in a virtual debate with a "soul slayer".

I think your response to his vista or xp question was exactly right. Although I would have said xp, immediately, given the choice. But it seems to me that computer technicians are like auto mechanics. You have two choices: 1) either study for years and figure out what they are talking about, at which point you might as well just fix it yourself, or 2) find one you trust who does good work for you, and throw yourself on their mercy and goodwill.

As for running like a 486, yikes! Not unusual, in my experience with PCs, though. Windows in particular should always be reinstalled (or replaced!) once a year, at a minimum. I think they design it so it gradually gets crufted up and slows down and makes you want to buy a new computer, so they get money from the sale of a new copy of the OS.

Edit: grammar. x3.

[edit on Feb 19th 2009 by Ian McLean]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
evening ladies and gents

business english is off the table

yay

now i can learn stuff like: cutting videos, creating videos, audio, journalistic reports (which i did in my youth :lol
sounds pretty intersting

i am not very keen on java script, php, dreamweaver and all that stuff

and i am stopping now before mem asks me to leave the pub

@antar

thats kind of awesome
44ss

did you get your text back?

[edit on Thu February 19 2009 by orange-light]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

That sounds like more fun than business English.

Work is always better if you enjoy what you do.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Congratulations.

I always liked Dreamweaver myself. In fact, I was pretty fond of the entire Macromedia package. (now owned by Adobe)

Let us know how you do.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by nyk537]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
How do you people do all of those tech things?

I'm technologically disabled... I don't know how to use those cool programs.

top topics

<< 471  472  473    475  476  477 >>

join