It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 471
<< 468  469  470    472  473  474 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Why do people star the OP in a debate post?

To mock me!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Why do people star the OP in a debate post? Is it because they like the topic, or what? I am just curious. I don't see the point in it.

I am just as perplexed with that. Perhaps there are people who are compulsory starrer's...-Shrugs-

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Don't worry, stars on your debate will be skewed by the anonymous scientologist forum gang, anyway.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

It's just the setting up of the debate and thinking of a good title - a good title deserves a star don't y'think?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

thinking of a good title

Well, given that there's no way to click and add a little 'roll-eyes' icon, I guess adding a star is as good a way to show appreciation for a well-wrought pun as any.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

To be honest I often star the OP of a debate thread. Usually to indicate interest and approval of the choice of topic itself. I also flag every single debate out of principle.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
I also flag every single debate out of principle.

I do the same...

And I think I am 'pun' with trying to put a spin on Ian's debate title's...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I thought it was to show interest in the topic. I don't know...I haven't done it before.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well, my revised opening (v 3.1) is now up.

Thanks again Super for stepping in. I really do appreciate it.

How about this for a debate title: Whose News?: The MSM is controlled by _______ (fill in the blank with your favorite villain).

I flag debate threads, but I don't usually star the OP. I try to star the debate posts themselves, especially when they're good. And pretty much, they're all good here!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Hello my (very much missed) FCP friends!

I am so tired I am hallucinating... I have been up in some form of needing-to-function-around-the-clock ... for ... days... So many... I don't know how many... but I am hitting the wall... and loopy. I have a little window of lollygag time and am too tired to sleep so...

Here I am!

And given my frame of mind I could not think of a better place to be. A drink of any kind would be most warmly welcomed...

edit to add: Hey, heike... I did not see you there when a minute ago... that's how slow I am moving. I already flagged your thread, but am not mentally up to giving your post its due. After my next sleep, I will be all over it... but am sending you some loopy-love.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

Here's two Hypnotics.....

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

Here's two Hypnotics.....

Thank you so much... I am all about compounding. (and you, btw, are doing a fabbo job w/your debates -- I think you are scaring off your competition).

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Truly enjoying this right round of debates. Off to read a few more. It's great to get back in the ring after the licking Ian gave me last tournament.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Another round to keep the juices flowing...

No word from either Mike Singh or his possible replacement so it is an interesting stall point. As well, skeptic, no word from esdad71.

To be honest, though, considering the amount of debates we have going on I am impressed that these are the only debates having problems (correct me if I am wrong).

If I don't hear back from the group of folk who recieved u2u's to activate their standby status then intrepid may get the call if he still wants it. Of course...I could hand over the reigns to semper exclusively and step in myself...

I jest on that last point...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Gee, that almost looks like antifreeze.

But I never touch the stuff.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

You are scared; we understand and won't hold it against you....much.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hello Pub, as much as I hate to do it, I am taking an extension, seems after loosing my best today, I just have no creative juice other than a mean streak... So that said, goodnight one and all.

I star posts in the debate forum as well, sometimes just because they showed up. I even post stars on my opponent for good measure.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I think I got what you needed fixed and you should have it now.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
*gratefully avails self with wild, crazy liquor combo that was so generously supplied*

*flips on the -*

*wheels out the FCP K-Machine*

*Drags Robbie Williams in from the cold and demands a command performance of:*

I'lll throw him out after, I promise.

But until then -- let's all sing along... sing a song of victory... before I have to turn back into an avenging pumpkin.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I'm sad to say that it's past 7. So, if any alternates are reading, who wants a full scholarship to the school of hard knocks?

top topics

<< 468  469  470    472  473  474 >>

join