It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by schrodingers dog

We better stick to this thread.

Don't think they want spam in the other one.

Wouldn't wanna lose either.

No I left a nice parting message for them.
The thing is I never even got to go there.
MS grabbed my and stuck me in round 2.
I didn't even know it was a tournament until the results came out, I thought we all kept playing.
Best thing that ever happened to me.
I love this place so MUCH! lol

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

post to flip page again.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

Nothing gets by you!

BTW, have you seen my ashtray?

My Lady, your ashtray:

[edit on 9/23/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Allright all, Schro Dog has dragged me back to the safe confines of this thread...seems in other areas of the board, I cease the breathing of kittens on a daily basis...

So, an update, the judgment should be forth coming. What I intend on doing is posting the judgment and starting Round Three at the same time, so you guys are going to have to be on your toes...I'll of course post here when it has occurred, so please keep an eye out.

And no, Schro Dog, I will not post the match-ups yet either...

Talk smack to the entirety of Fight Club...

Those of you new to the Forum would do better by looking at the presentation of 'all' potential opponents. We don't want to tunnel vision you guys.

That said, expect all of this to occur in the next day or two...

I will give you this, Schro Dog...Round Three is an epic list of Fighters...and after the early upset of one of the last debates finalists', I have no idea what to expect here...

Oh...and y'all are still lucky that I am not competing...must have been a relief knowing that y'all have a chance at first place...

[edit on 23-9-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Oh...and y'all are still lucky that I am not competing...must have been a relief knowing that y'all have a chance at first place...

Big words for someone who was challenging members with negative points ten minutes ago.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Big words for someone who was challenging members with negative points ten minutes ago.

Just because someone is cynical does not mean that they would be subpar in a debate...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Just because someone is cynical does not mean that they would be subpar in a debate...

Are you calling me fat?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Are you calling me fat?

It's spelled 'phat'..

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

So listen, since you gave me such a difficult topic in MY first debate you got to promise me something. Whatever you do, please DON'T pair me up against constantwonder. She is too tough for me so please please anything but that.

I beg you.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

So listen, since you gave me such a difficult topic in MY first debate you got to promise me something. Whatever you do, please DON'T pair me up against constantwonder. She is too tough for me so please please anything but that.

I beg you.

Now where in the rules or anywhere for that matter was it mentioned that Fighters can state preference in a tournament...

There is a ryhme and reason to the already formulated sedings/pairings. Sorry, regardless of who you are matched with, there is nothing I can do about it now, Briar Rabbit...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

There is a ryhme and reason to the already formulated sedings/pairings. Sorry, regardless of who you are matched with, there is nothing I can do about it now, Briar Rabbit...

Don't you mean Briar Pup?

Note to Schro:
Nice to see that you've fashioned an ashtray in homage to your pub position.

Also, bring back your furry sig.

It's so cute and adowable. Awwwww...

That and it throws potential opponents off their game. You know, sort of like a pool shark.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Ask and you shall receive.
You got me confused for second with the ashtray and the furry sig.

edit: that was a smooth transition.

edit: by the way I keep seeing *snip* in caps on peoples posts, what is that?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Well maybe if you *SNIP* before you *SNIP*, then you would. Come on. I mean, that's just *SNIP*.

[no edit on 9/23/2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

edit: by the way I keep seeing *snip* in caps on peoples posts, what is that?

Quite simple, really. In the thread that you're referring to, members were having a field day with the circumvention of a certain word.

I figured that if I emphasized the offending content like this, *snip* as opposed to that, *SNIP*, it wouldn't carry the same impact. If you noticed, participants in that thread got the hint.

BTW, I can see how one might confuse sig with cig. Paranoia isn't getting the best of you, is it old chap?

[edit on 9/23/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

I'm having back surgery tomorrow.
They've already given me the percocets/vaium/cyclo.
So I'm a little sniped. hi hi

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
All judgments are in, though due to a bit of back surgery, Round Three won't start until Friday Morning, barring objections.

Get ready, Ladies and Gentlemen...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Hate to be the thorn in everyone side here, but if we are going to wait until Friday, I'd just as soon wait until Monday morning to start.

I've already said I'd work around my very full schedule (including my daughters birthday) this weekend, so I don't hold any grudges if we start Friday.

Having said that though, if we start Friday, I'll probably miss making a post or two over the weekend, thus killing my chances of winning.

Just throwing that out there. I don't expect special treatment.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
What say all about the start date?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
In the spirit of the Fight Club, since noone else has piped in here, we will set the beginning of Round Three for Monday. That way, everyone will be able to give it their all.

That said, the rankings have been updated. sempfortis has regained the number one position of the list and Skyfloating seems earnest in his push to break into the top five.

Good Luck to all in Round Three. I'll be back in a less official capacity later...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I would think you could start it Friday. But since NYK has already made it known he can't start until Monday, allow him a free posting extension until then (and he'd still have another 24 hour one).

But I'm not even in it so, my opinion is only for suggestion.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by Sublime620]

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join