It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 388
<< 385  386  387    389  390  391 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

We sure have.

My son will have the good fortune of having a normal size name....

We named our daughter after my two younger sisters (we used their middle names...both of them), so her full name is Alexis Elizabeth Michelle (a mouthful I know)

Our son will be named after my brother and I, so his full name will be Tyler Nicholas (Tyler is my brothers middle name, Nicholas is mine)

Naming childrens is an adventure.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by nyk537]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Those are both very lovely names! I'm actually a fan of longer names (I've got 2 middle names myself, after both of my grandmothers) Can you believe there are people with NO middle names? Man are they ever missing out!!

Three of my friends from work are/have giving/given birth since January. One of them had her baby in January, my closest friend of the three is having hers in March, and the last one is having hers at the end of March. It's crazy!! Baby Madness! I can't wait for the baby-showers.

All of them have picked names, but are keeping them a secret.

- Carrot

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

adorable names

reply to post by CA_Orot

you are blessed like me

got 3 names as well and one of it is elisabeth too.

some parents in germany just give the kids 1 name - how awfull.
my son got 2 names so if he doesn.t like his first name anymore he can choose to be called by his 2nd name

although we didn.t follow a family "tradition" coz nobody in the family got beautiful names . nothing like tyler or nicholas

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

A big hearty congratulations to you and your wife tomorrow, NYK. My middle name is Elizabeth, too.

reply to post by CA_Orot

I agree! My best friend in High School did not have a middle name. That was the first time I ever met someone without one. It always drove me nuts she didn't have one. lol

On the other hand, my cousin gave all three of her daughters 2-3 middle names. I can't even tell you what their full names are but for example, her youngest is something like Elliette Jade Rachelle Madison [Then their two-worded French last name I couldn't even begin to spell].

Pretty but a bit much. lol

[edit on 2/4/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

a close friend of mine gave her 2 kids about 6 or 8 middle names, coz she believes in numerology and wanted them to have every important number in their name

who cares if they will never be able to fill a form properly

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I, too, originally had no middle name, and it was a real pain when filling out forms, especially in the military where they always had to put "NMN" (no middle name). This last marriage, I kept my maiden name as a middle name, and that solved that!

And Orange, you're up!

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Heike]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I agree! My best friend in High School did not have a middle name. That was the first time I ever met someone without one. It always drove me nuts she didn't have one. lol

OMG it drives me nutts too!!! I had a friend in elementary school and I used to ask him all the time what his middle name was (apparently I couldn't understand that he had no middle name - I had to ask his mom) and he'd be like "Carrot, I don't have a middle name!"

I used to think he was lying to me until his mom told me "Nope, Daniel doesn't have a middle name! In fact none of his siblings do."

I tried to give him one of mine, but apparently he wasn't fond of Christina or Irene for middle names.

Poor Kid

- Carrot

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Apparently, my middle name is Verbose...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

LOL. It suits you well

- Carrot

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Peace guys, I'm off to have a son.

I'll be back next Tuesday...so don't forget me.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Who is this guy...

Cheers Mate and Congratulations!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Congratulations nyk!! Best wishes to you and family

howdy pub

PJ - I'm getting a late start writing up my response today. I'll have it up tonight (my tonight) but it might not be ready when you wake up. We're almost done though - you just have your closing!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Congratulations Nyk!!!

- Carrot

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Good luck buddy!

And please reconsider the name.

I hear peacejet is available.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

my thoughts are with you!

and with your wife and little tyler!

congratulions and blessings to you!

hi pub

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Wishing you and your family the best of luck on this happy occasion! Just remember to keep breathing, and despite the things your wife may utter deep down in her heart she still loves you. Also, for the love of God, don't pass out!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Ah, Ny this is a sacred time, enjoy the peace and love coming your way.

See you when you return.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar, as I missed the first time around, let me give you my welcome to FCP... great to have all these new fighters!

And, drinks for everyone:

It's some kind of iced tea looking thing. Yea, iced tea, that's it. Delicious.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

.....from Long Island? I'll take one...

- Carrot

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by nyk537

I hear peacejet is available.

A child is to be named after me. What a honour this is. I am such a famous personality.

top topics

<< 385  386  387    389  390  391 >>

join