It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 351
<< 348  349  350    352  353  354 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

What's up TWISI?

Need a little attention tonight?

No, I am -- as I have said -- especially jubilant when I get my drink on, and it is on!

@MS - Thanks for the beautiful song.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Free to be me!

Which is ... revealing...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hey everyone,

I'm just checking in real quick. We had a severe ice storm Monday and I've been without power and unable to get to work since then. I'm finally back at work today since they got enough cleaned up to be able to drive, but I don't know for how long.

I'll get into my debate as soon as I can, but I just wanted to let everyone know what was going on.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
morning pub

i am just wondering why it is so difficult to get a nice and peaceful divorce ?
he just has to pay for the satsuma but since a satsuma (little orange) grows up the law says: he has to pay a bit more, and now he tells the satsuma that orange is suing him for paying more.

sometimes i don.t know where to take the strength from, it is such a mess, and it pulls me down more and more.
but it can.t be that i give in in every little thing and live of nothing, i am raising his son

hi nyk
are you alright?

[edit on 29-1-2009 by orange-light]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

I'm doing fine.

This morning was the first time I was able to leave the house since like noon on Monday, so I'm feeling good in that regard.

It's still a mess outside though. We got almost 3 inches of ice Monday night, and more yesterday. There are trees down everywhere, most people are without power, and the roads are still pretty hazardous. They finally got it clear enough that I could get back to work today though.

We aren't supposed to get anymore ice or snow, but it also isn't supposed to get above freezing until Sunday or Monday, so the stuff we have isn't going anywhere.

It's nasty stuff.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

sounds pretty nasty

i am so tired of winter - can.t we get spring right now?
it sucks

no snow here, but temps down at 27F so the trees got little withe icecles on them
looks nice. but …………

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

As if things weren't crazy enough right now....

My wife just called and said she had been having some pretty serious pain this morning. She called our doctor and he wants her to come on to the hospital to see what's going on.

So after all it's taken to get back to work today, I may be leaving again. I'll know within a couple of hours whether or not my son is coming today. I'll keep you guys posted.

Ian, man I'm sorry about this.

Obviously I couldn't predict an ice storm and the possible birth of my son when we started this debate. I'll try and get something up today for it if I can. If my wife goes into labor though, I'll probably be gone until Monday at the earliest.

Don't give up on me though, I want to have this debate.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

NYK, no worries. Family first. Enjoy these peaceful days.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Wow, I wake up from slumber and what do I see?
A whole bunch of new barten ... unicor ... fighters staring back at me!

Sweet.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

who is staring at you?

intimidated newbies?
don.t stare back, they might run away!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

*Heike resists the temptation to discuss her debate strategy before the debate.

*Heike can't stand it any more.

*Heike screams and runs away.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

* Heike needs to breathe deeply into a small brown paper bag.

* Heike needs to consider yoga or some other form of meditation.

* Heike needs a stiff drink or three.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Don't MAKE me remove you from my friends list!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

C'mon, you know you love (or at least, tolerate) me!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Actually, I think a major drawback to the formal way we do debates is the inability to kibitz. It's fun to share tactics! And often the urge to comment on interesting logic and rhetoric dissipates by the time the debate is over and it's 'safe'.

And it's fun to reinforce the ego. Is the debating we do here supposed to be ego-less, a service to the subject? Or should a drive to self-satisfaction though cleverness of expression be embraced? Interesting topic...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
And it's fun to reinforce the ego. Is the debating we do here supposed to be ego-less, a service to the subject? Or should a drive to self-satisfaction though cleverness of expression be embraced?

Nice sash!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I've wondered if it would be possible to have a commentary thread that the debaters are locked out of until after the debate ...

or just a commentary thread and leave it to one's own wishes and honor whether to read it or not.

Hey Orange .. count your stomachs .. if you don't have more than one you're in trouble ...

Actually that was a pointed joke for the Shockster, Sdog, and a couple of others who claim that us gals talk about our debates outside of the debates too much.

@Maria_Stardust:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike

heike you can tell me anything you like

don.t hold yourself back, might cause some health problems

ok what about monday?
shoulder is getting better day by day!
the secret is that wheat pillow

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well, it turns out my wife is indeed in labor now.

It's the early stages, so she isn't being kept in the hospital yet. Her doctor told her that he expected her to have our son by this weekend sometime, but wouldn't be surprised if we came back tonight or tomorrow.

Odds are that I won't be around for the next week. Assuming he comes by this weekend. I should be back in the fray as usual by Wednesday or Thursday next week.

So if Ian doesn't object, I'd like to just put our current debate on hold until then. Even if I am still available today and tomorrow, I think I'm a bit too on edge to fully devote myself to the debate.

I'll keep you guys updated.

top topics

<< 348  349  350    352  353  354 >>

join